Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source - page 5. (Read 113724 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
A little update on signature rewards. I won't longer be able to send coins to users with just a few posts here and there. Lots of claims come from accounts with 1-2 posts during the whole period from December to March, which means if they even had a Qora signature nobody was able to see it because user wasn't active on the forum.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
This Mercury project will only work between Bitcoin clones (i.e. ones that use the Bitcoin Script language) and the author doesn't even seem to realise that various other blockchains don't use Bitcoin Script (so he is mentioning about adding things like Ethereum when in fact that is not likely to be so easy at all assuming that it would be even possible).

The bounty I have put forward is to implement AT into a Bitcoin clone so that we wouldn't need an alternative client such as Mercury and so it would allow transfers between non-Script blockchains such as Qora and Burst.

Also - it uses an "order matching server" so is in fact not decentralised (and I don't believe it is using anything other than "testnet" for now and that will probably the case for a long time to come due to the tx "malleability" problem which btw doesn't affect the AT ACCT implementation).

Very informative, thank you.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

The bounty I have put forward is to implement AT into a Bitcoin clone so that we wouldn't need an alternative client such as Mercury and so it would allow transfers between non-Script blockchains such as Qora and Burst.

I got the point @Ian. Thank you for asnwers. It s very hard to unravel it for me. Coz Also i am trying to learn english and bitcoin. AT and ACCT is very technical for me but i believe it is crucial for bitcoin and bitcoin commumity. I read your specification about AT. I hope you successful on this.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Mercury, as long as it at least supports transaction scripts like Bitcoin's.

This is the key point (presumably it is using the approach outlined by forum member TierNolan which is where the ACCT AT's design came from).

is this about ACCT between scripts coin as you explain this thread? (20 BTC bounty)

This Mercury project will only work between Bitcoin clones (i.e. ones that use the Bitcoin Script language) and the author doesn't even seem to realise that various other blockchains don't use Bitcoin Script (so he is mentioning about adding things like Ethereum when in fact that is not likely to be so easy at all assuming that it would be even possible).

Also - it uses an "order matching server" so is in fact not decentralised (and I don't believe it is using anything other than "testnet" for now and that will probably the case for a long time to come due to the tx "malleability" problem which btw doesn't affect the AT ACCT implementation).
legendary
hi @Ian, i ve found a service about exchange its name Mercury.

What can I trade on Mercury?

Mercury v0.1 currently supports:
Bitcoin
Litecoin
Dogecoin

Many more currencies and crypto-assets will be added in the future if they are in high demand by Mercury users. Rather than supporting all altcoins, I strongly believe in only supporting cryptocurrencies that provide real value, especially innovative "Bitcoin 2.0" technologies. Any crypto-asset can be tradable on Mercury, as long as it at least supports transaction scripts like Bitcoin's.

is this about ACCT between scripts coin as you explain this thread? (20 BTC bounty)
I have prepared a universal run.bat.

Thanks! I passed this onto someone having issues.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction

Thank you. Voted  Cool

Added some security measurements for name payments:
In order to avoid misuse names with leading or trailing space-character will be permanently forbidden for name payments.
Moreover names that are for sale are also forbidden for name payments (only for the time they are for sale of course).

Nice to see security planning before feature release!
We started a Qora giveaway a few months ago on our blog and only 1 person took advantage, so we're posting it here.

It's only for 1,000 Qora for the next 4 people, but it may get some wallets started.

Edit : Whoops, forgot there's some ban on giveaways. Just visit our blog and search for "free money".
Everyone dont know about AT or ignore it.

You'd be surprised who's aware of and very interested in ACCT... it's not being ignored.

Instead, it's being thoroughly looked into by some very respected cryptocurrency community visionaries.
Sure. Just let me know for how long you kept the sig but wasn't receiving coins.

Received, thanks!

Update : Last night we finally received our Qora that vanished the night of the hack at BTer. So, they did come through in the end.
legendary
we need to open new thread to reach more bitcoin users. we can open a poll and vote for new thread yes or no?

Maybe when the new wallet releases (soon)?

Yes. it is the best suitable time to tell other users about qora. and tell about AT. Everyone dont know about AT or ignore it.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
we need to open new thread to reach more bitcoin users. we can open a poll and vote for new thread yes or no?

I'm pretty sure we can trust the leadership of our newly confirmed Dev Team to make that decision without the need of a poll.  Seems a bit redundant to be honest.  Marketing in general is certainly an area that can be improved upon, although I'm sure the Dev Team are aware of that.  
Activity: 201
Merit: 100

Maybe when the new wallet releases (soon)?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
I like the way NXT shows you the users balance when you send so you can verify too.
Activity: 909
Merit: 663
Added some security measurements for name payments:
In order to avoid misuse names with leading or trailing space-character will be permanently forbidden for name payments.
Moreover names that are for sale are also forbidden for name payments (only for the time they are for sale of course).

If you have any more "security" suggestions, please let me know Smiley.

Perhaps something like BitShares avatar system (down the road)? 

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into this Smiley.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Can we still PM you if we removed the signature? I kept the signature until a few weeks ago, then removed it because I finally assumed the campaign was over.

Sure. Just let me know for how long you kept the sig but wasn't receiving coins.

PM you already. Waiting for the pending payment.

Thanks you.  Wink

Oh yeah, a little Qora discussion broke out today over @BitShares ... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15212.

Pages:
Jump to: