Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora: Opening price & community building - how related?? Discussion thread - page 2. (Read 2151 times)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
The previous Qora market thread was locked (censorship??)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trading-thread-of-qora-second-generation-coin-612109 [this thread was locked but contains some good debate, worth reading]

Current OTC Qora exchange: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/qora-trading-thread-and-otc-xchg-613750

I promise to never censor any post, or close this thread. Let buyers & sellers state their cases here!

The opening price for Qora will obviously have a major influence on:
1 - future potential for volatility and boom bust cycle in the Qora price
2 - the growth of the Qora community
3 - the ability to attract new talent to help with dev work ,marketing, education, promotion etc

If the Qora IPO investors are not smart, and push for a starting price of 100 satoshi - 85x return - that leaves little room for early adopters, (who want to buy TODAY), to make a decent return. Without the prospect of a decent return why buy Qora when you can buy NXT which seems almost a certainty to go up steadily now.

Hypothetical time!

Can a coin with 137 initial founders survive if the SELLERS conspire to restrict supply to push up prices - not likely, SCAM SCAM SCAM

Can a coin survive if the BUYERS conspire to bid low, be patient, and wait for sellers to appear cashing in x20 return - YES YES YES (that's good business sense)

Buyers, join my open & public campaign to restrict ALL bids to under 40 satoshi for the good of Qora!

Save money, and save Qora at the same time - prevent a bubble and subsequent crash down the road.

Vote 1 - BUYERS MARKET

Some sellers are arguing for an OPENING price of 100 satoshi - x85 return for an escrowed investment with little risk.

I say that is too high, and will cause problems later. I don't care about fairness at all. I'm after a good price & a good community, and 100 satoshi is not smart.

With 100 satoshi as the opening price the first wave early adopters will need a marketcap of ~45 million USD to make a x10 return.

That's possible, but the market is crowded now with many 2nd gen quality coins, and Qora has a terrible initial distribution, and a tiny user base.

If the Qora community doesn't grow fast a Qora clone with a better distribution from something like a node distribution bot will kill Qora MK 1

I advocate common sense, and I do so in the loudest most attention seeking way I can. I want to influence as many buyers as I can.

IPO investors should consider selling part of their stake for ~25 satoshi for an excellent return of x25, and then first wave buyers need a marketcap of ~11 million to get a x10 return.

25 satoshi opening price will attract a lot of quality people to buy into Qora. 100 will cause a later crash.

BUYERS MARKET - DON"T PANIC BUY!

MANY SELLERS WILL ACCEPT x25 RETURN AND SELL FOR 25 SATOSHI

CURRENT PRICE IS @35
Pages:
Jump to: