Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 54. (Read 307527 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

Very interesting! I'm trying to wrap my head around this. I see a potential security issue with the "refund timeouts". What if Alice post her tx just before the timeout elapses, resulting in Bob never get the chance to receive his BURST? Could you elaborate on that?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
poloniex has come a long way. funny because I thought they were the underdog, and so far to my knowledge they haven't had major issues.

They did have one major issue back in March 2014 when they were hacked (or more accurately, someone discovered a method to exploit a bug in their withdrawal mechanism) which saw them lose about 15% of their users' funds. They did eventually make all of this back though.

Few exchanges have had zero major security issues. Cryptsy is one of the luckier ones, although lots of people complain about withdrawal delays there. I think Bittrex is another one that hasn't suffered a major hack yet.

I know some people actually prefer to deal with exchanges that have been hacked in the past too. The idea is that they would have learned from the experience and strengthened their security practices. Personally, after witnessing what happened to Mt. Gox and Bter after their first hacking incidents, I think it's a stupid idea. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
F.ci bter and poloniex. We need bittrex.
Activity: 513
Merit: 500
yes, bter has issues, they're in contact with qora devs... I'm waiting since 4 days for my withdrawal...

poloniex has come a long way. funny because I thought they were the underdog, and so far to my knowledge they haven't had major issues.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Is anyone having problems withdrawing from Bter to a newly created polo address?
On bter side it shows "error: 201 wallet does not exist".
I just copy pasted the address, so there are no additional space whatsoever.

yes, bter has issues, they're in contact with qora devs... I'm waiting since 4 days for my withdrawal...
Activity: 406
Has Poloniex sorted out their issues with Qora deposits/withdrawals? I had 500,000 QORA stuck there since December. Sad

I just forged my first block

99065   17.05.2015 18:53:31   QciroaBLFiE6UU3GW7k79GbrZ4PhqV6dwn   2260279933   0   0.00000000

As i understand, there was 0 Transactions and 0 Fee, so i do not get any reward for forging this block?

you will be lucky next time Smiley

Unfortunately, most blocks don't have any fees since there aren't enough transactions happening yet. Of the last 90 blocks found, only 1 block came with a fee and it was only 1 QORA. NXT and NEM have the same problem too but to a lesser extent since those coins have more activity. You can see the latest generated blocks here:

http://www.qora.co.in/

Is anyone having problems withdrawing from Bter to a newly created polo address?

You're not the only one to experience this problem. Bter has been having some problems with upgrading their wallet lately:

hey guys, i just tried to withdraw qora from bter and  and it's stuck with the error "Error:201 wallet does not exist"

Are you familiar with this issue ? What to do ?
Bter is having trouble upgrading to new wallet, one of the Qora devs is trying to help them get it sorted out but Bter isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
I am so glad to be a witness this historical moments. ACCT leads us to decentralized exchanges.
Activity: 351
Activity: 513
An Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer between Burst and Qora has been occurred successfully

Absolutely badass! Congratulations to both teams!
Activity: 528
We are the ones we've been waiting for
Activity: 342
I installed the new version and on start entered existing seed and wallet password, but there's another account. Not a big trouble, I had nearly zero balance in old acc. But there were a lot of registered names and who knows, maybe it's bad to loose them. What could I do wrong?

If you've entered the seed correctly...  all you need to do is click New account until the addresses that hold the coins/names appear.

If not...  just start from scratch and make sure to enter the correct seed.
Thank you, it worked!
Now I understand why there was an option to recover 10 accounts (I changed to 1). But it's strange that I don't see my names. Maybe I should just wait for a while.
Activity: 351
An Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer between Burst and Qora has been occurred successfully

Activity: 342
I installed the new version and on start entered existing seed and wallet password, waited until syncronised, but there's another account. Not a big trouble, I had nearly zero balance in old acc. But there were a lot of registered names and who knows, maybe it's bad to loose them. What could I do wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
press release regarding this event:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4vYMJwBtRGLLVQ0OElQRzJackE/view

please share with the world!

Wow this is huge! Excited to see what the future brings regarding this  Cheesy

Activity: 289

Wow this is huge! Excited to see what the future brings regarding this  Cheesy
Activity: 502

if you would give me access to doc so i could get info gfx etc ... i would prepare a pretty pdf ... for linking on all involved parties sites.
let me know what you're thinking …
would be nice, sent you pm
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
CIYAM - UI/UX design

if you would give me access to doc so i could get info gfx etc ... i would prepare a pretty pdf ... for linking on all involved parties sites.
let me know what you're thinking …
Activity: 502

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
CIYAM - UI/UX design

Crypto history is written!

Congratz to all involved parties Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: