Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 58. (Read 307527 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Good to know. Time to spend some Bitcoins for Qora again  Grin

Qora is unforzen on Poloniex now!

anyone got any news from bter? no answer to my ticket...
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
That is good to know . Time to spend some Bitcoins for Qora again  Grin
a

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
I didn't know AT could have so many potentials. Could you give me some more examples? I see Cross Chain Trading, Mixer which could bring anonymity, I'm pretty impressed to be honest. Where are you more active? Here or Slack? I requested an invite btw.

Who are the devs? Could you talk about them?

It amazes me that with the potential of AT, that no other coins are going for it

Lottery
Auctions
Crowdfund
Dormant Transfers
Fund Management
Certificate of deposit

A detailed explanation with examples by vbcs
An assembler by burstdev
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Activity: 289
I didn't know AT could have so many potentials. Could you give me some more examples? I see Cross Chain Trading, Mixer which could bring anonymity, I'm pretty impressed to be honest. Where are you more active? Here or Slack? I requested an invite btw.

Who are the devs? Could you talk about them?

It amazes me that with the potential of AT, that no other coins are going for it
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Where can i find more information about forging with quora?
Is there a profit calc or something?

thanks boba

Qora is not inflationary, so you only get transaction fees from forging.  (Overall this is good, because it means new coins arent constantly appearing and driving down the price).

You create blocks proportional to your forging power.  So for example, if you have 1% of all the Qora that is currently forging (the 'generating balance'), then you will make about 1% of the blocks.  If the blocks you forge have transaction fees, you get them.

Currently transaction fees are low, so there isnt much profit.  But AT transactions have higher transaction fees, and if they start to be used a lot, there will be more potential. 

At this point the profit potential is mostly from speculation, since we are all betting that Qora will become more popular with the new features and attention. 

In the future, if people develop a lot of ATs for Qora and there are many things you can do with it, and it becomes very popular, then there will be many transactions and you will be able to get a good profit from forging.  This is similar to the idea behind Ethereum.  You buy it now because in the future if people build many uses for it, it will be heavily in demand.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Activity: 351

thanks boba

I'd like to know about the mechanics / incentives structures of the Qora POS. Any documentation about it?

Quote from: qora
A Proof-of-Stake algorithm that is different from anything that is described here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake.

The algorithm will allow accounts to start generating blocks after only 10 confirmations.
Each account will also know at exactly which point they will generate the next block.
Source
That is a little little Smiley
Is there not more information?

Below are quoted all that I have found from the dev about POS

Review from rlh :

Spent a little bit of my time on Qora sources during last weekend and even made Scala version of QORA's BlockGenerator class: https://gist.github.com/kushti/605dfe4f17d0dd75cedf (220 lines of code instead of original 400), also submitted the bug on the way: https://github.com/Qora/Qora/issues/10 . Haven't investigated forging algo in details, but that's definitely not TF. Read this epic topic about TF Smiley https://nxtforum.org/general/nxt-forging-algorithm-simulating-approach/

Qora is used on the Forging Simulation Tool created for the Consensus research.
Activity: 502

thanks boba

Forging should not be considered as a profit generating process. It is for securing the network. Of course, when you generate a block, you are rewarded by tx fees. But you will get more from visiting the faucet every day, as the fees are very low in Qora. So please, take forging as a protecting your investement and helping the network. Smiley

ok understood. But how is forging solved. As nxt, as more coins i have as more blocks i forge or how is it working in qora?

yes, users generate blocks proportionally to their balances
Activity: 619

thanks boba

Forging should not be considered as a profit generating process. It is for securing the network. Of course, when you generate a block, you are rewarded by tx fees. But you will get more from visiting the faucet every day, as the fees are very low in Qora. So please, take forging as a protecting your investement and helping the network. Smiley

ok understood. But how is forging solved. As nxt, as more coins i have as more blocks i forge or how is it working in qora?
legendary
I signed up but I have not got a confirmation email yet.
I would consent to help building up the wiki. I'm one of the top 5 contributors on the nxt wiki.

We would very appreciate your help and this is what we want to focus on as a community in coming weeks. Qora dev once said, that only well documented cryptos will survive. Enthusiasts always find a solution, but common users need good informational support for their start with Qora. Unfortunately the data from old wiki are gone. So we have to start from scratch.

There is a purely informational website for beginners planned for this summer. I will manage the content. Volunteers will be wanted and I will let you know when the time comes.

Wink

Count me in too!

@tyz: good to know that you can help Smiley strange that you didn't receive the email yet
Activity: 561
Can anybody explain me how ATfunding assets buy orders are higher than sell ?
I would consent to help building up the wiki. I'm one of the top 5 contributors on the nxt wiki.

We would very appreciate your help and this is what we want to focus on as a community in coming weeks. Qora dev once said, that only well documented cryptos will survive. Enthusiasts always find a solution, but common users need good informational support for their start with Qora. Unfortunately the data from old wiki are gone. So we have to start from scratch.

There is a purely informational website for beginners planned for this summer. I will manage the content. Volunteers will be wanted and I will let you know when the time comes.

Wink
tyz
legendary

I think the community should think about to setup a wiki to answer those questions. Similiar to the wiki for Nxt, the community can provide a fund to reward new articles and translations.

thanks boba

Is there a writeup on how to use the Naming Service?

Very good idea!!

@newcomers: Come and join slack - much action there too - You're all welcome!

http://slack.qora.org/
Activity: 141
I would like to know how build from github for arm architucture.

I think /libs/native needs compiled specifically for arm.

Could someone point me in the right direction please.
legendary
I think the community should think about to setup a wiki to answer those questions. Similiar to the wiki for Nxt, the community can provide a fund to reward new articles and translations.

thanks boba

Very good idea!!

@newcomers: Come and join slack - much action there too - You're all welcome!

http://slack.qora.org/
tyz
legendary

thanks boba

Activity: 616
yes, Bter is probably upgrading its wallet, so be patient Smiley

Yes - probably upgrading the wallet

Now getting this on bter:

Error:201 wallet does not exist
they will fix it...Bter is very reliable
Activity: 141
yes, Bter is probably upgrading its wallet, so be patient Smiley

Yes - probably upgrading the wallet

Now getting this on bter: