Pages:
Author

Topic: Quantum computer? So what! No worries...(?) - page 3. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I thought that, that was a picture of the sun...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Point is, quantum computing is so early in the stage that they can't even do basic math.  When the figure out how to harness quantum's potential then nothing will be safe.  Factoring or cryptography or any other math mathematical equation will be done in minutes.  Quantum physics suggest all solutions are attempted at once whereas a typical computer attempts to process a problem one step at a time until solved.   What was your point
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Today's most advanced quantum computer can only solve:

15 = 3 x 5 (with about 50% accuracy)

We are a ways off from seeing the potential of quantum computers capabilities.
Activity: 342
Merit: 250

@ vpitcher07

Someone sent me ANOTHER document (I am still trying to find it) showing that even a big quantum computer, running full blast, would have to depend on other components (input/output, other peripherals, etc?) that could not keep up (speed of light, mechanics of other pieces of physics) with the computer.

If I find the document ("a tad technical"), I will post it.

Oh ok, yeah I'd be interested in reading it! Regardless, I think we can both agree bitcoin is damn secure.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I thought that, that was a picture of the sun...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hhahhaa yes,look like picture of sun xD
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

@ vpitcher07

Someone sent me ANOTHER document (I am still trying to find it) showing that even a big quantum computer, running full blast, would have to depend on other components (input/output, other peripherals, etc?) that could not keep up (speed of light, mechanics of other pieces of physics) with the computer.

If I find the document ("a tad technical"), I will post it.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
I thought that, that was a picture of the sun...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
I believe that picture is referring to a supercomputer that does not operate on the quantum level. I could be wrong.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
Newb OROBTC started an encryption thread soon after joining, which quickly got way ahead of me (went over my head, beyond my scope).  Someone sent me this little link showing that even a well designed quantum computer surrounding a star and operating at 100% efficiency could not crack it.  I will post the link and try to post the picture:

http://i.imgur.com/CzyO1yv.jpg

Picture (forgive any weird sizing, remember, newb here):

If neither of the above work, try this "link":

http:// i [dot] imgur [dot] com / CzyO1yv [dot] jpg    <--- No spaces, "[dot]" = "."

I do not pretend to say that the image says that BTC is not crackable.  But, if whoever did this has his math right, this should be a confidence builder.
Pages:
Jump to: