Pages:
Author

Topic: Quark Android Wallet Beta Testing (from HashEngineering) [w/ native hash!] - page 2. (Read 8742 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Any idea when the finished version comes out?

The Quark wallet should be finished in the next few weeks.

Some translations such as Chinese will still say Bitcoin.
Hmmm..is there anyway for this to get corrected?

The translation of Bitcoin in chinese is known (比特币).  What is the translation for Quark?  That is what we need to fix it.
Im not sure what happened Quark Check! There was nothing on your post, lol..However, Quark Check was kind enough to p.m. me with the answer in addition to the post here, so hopefully it comes up this time..Here goes!
Quark=  夸克币
I Believe Quark is 夸克    The last character 币 is Money - Currency - Coin.
The community has I believe has dropped the use of the Coin suffix.
You may wish to consider this?
Activity: 133
I have replaced the Chinese Bitcoin for Quark.  Working on the splash screen and app appearance.  A new beta version can be released soon.

Excellent thank you Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Independent Cryptoveloper
I have replaced the Chinese Bitcoin for Quark.  Working on the splash screen and app appearance.  A new beta version can be released soon.
I love the way those characters look btw...Would it be going too far to get it in a tattoo?!  Cheesy Shocked

The translation of Bitcoin in chinese is known (比特币).  What is the translation for Quark?  That is what we need to fix it.
Im not sure what happened Quark Check! There was nothing on your post, lol..However, Quark Check was kind enough to p.m. me with the answer in addition to the post here, so hopefully it comes up this time..Here goes!
Quark=  夸克币
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

The translation of Bitcoin in chinese is known (比特币).  What is the translation for Quark?  That is what we need to fix it.

The translation of Bitcoin in chinese is known (比特币).  What is the translation for Quark?  That is what we need to fix it.
Is this app available in multi-languages? Or is the phone itself doing the translating?

The app is available in multiple languages because Andreas Schildbach has the Bitcoin-Wallet text translated to many languages.  In the Quark Wallet, all references to Bitcoin and BTC were replaced with Quark and QRK.  Some translations such as Chinese will still say Bitcoin.
And I agree that we should have that show QR code feature( I edited my post because it looked like I was saying something else).
I will bring it up to the "powers that be".
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
You could look up the receiving wallet address http://qrk.blockr.io/ and then scan with the phone app. No?

Yes, this is possible.  However, it is not as simple as I would like it to be with the desktop client.

Excellent, yes!!!! Thank you for this key tidbit Promethium-priceless! Grin Grin

These comments remind me that we need a wallet tutorial(of course a video would also be a dream come true)-

Can I get some contributors to this (submit here, or in a p.m. and I will post  a new thread on use of the Mobile Wallet (and also include it in the website I am in the process of creating).

P.S. We should have a scan QR code function on the wallet, now that we have the scanning capability.

One thing that would help is for the Quark desktop client to have QR code support added.  The Bitcoin and Litecoin desktop wallets have this feature as well as many other coins.  The feature is part of the source code that Quark most likely has already.  It needs to be activated when compiled and it will be available.
Is this app available in multi-languages? Or is the phone itself doing the translating?

The app is available in multiple languages because Andreas Schildbach has the Bitcoin-Wallet text translated to many languages.  In the Quark Wallet, all references to Bitcoin and BTC were replaced with Quark and QRK.  Some translations such as Chinese will still say Bitcoin.

Hashengineer and Coinmama,
Thank you so much for the clarification of the desktop wallet. I was so relieved that my coins were not lost last week Smiley

I have downloaded the newest version of the app.
For me there are no differences compared to the earlier versions. (I don't see any difference with the blockexplorer or something as mentioned above, that is probably too technical for me Tongue)

- The feature with the exchange sites is still not working with my app.
- Probably it is me, but I try to request QRK from my own desktop wallet, but I have no idea how I can do that? I can only type a requested amount but no address? The only address I can select is my own app wallet address. I probably do something wrong here, and I need some extra explanation how to do that.

I showed the app to some friends and family, so they get an idea what QRK is. Hopefully it will be in the playstore soon, so that they can download the wallet as well and I can send them some QRK.

In the desktop wallet, there is not an easy way to request quarks from someone else, other can copy and paste an address into an email.  The Quark desktop wallet does not have a "Show QR code" function.  If it did, one could scan that code with a phone app and send coins over.

You could look up the receiving wallet address http://qrk.blockr.io/ and then scan with the phone app. No?
Excellent, yes!!!! Thank you for this key tidbit Promethium-priceless! Grin Grin

These comments remind me that we need a wallet tutorial(of course a video would also be a dream come true)-

Can I get some contributors to this (submit here, or in a p.m. and I will post  a new thread on use of the Mobile Wallet (and also include it in the website I am in the process of creating).

P.S. *(Edit)We should have a show QR code feature on the desktop wallet, now that we have the scanning capability on the mobile wallet.

Thank you so much for the clarification of the desktop wallet. I was so relieved that my coins were not lost last week Smiley

For me there are no differences compared to the earlier versions. (I don't see any difference with the blockexplorer or something as mentioned above, that is probably too technical for me Tongue)

- Probably it is me, but I try to request QRK from my own desktop wallet, but I have no idea how I can do that? I can only type a requested amount but no address? The only address I can select is my own app wallet address. I probably do something wrong here, and I need some extra explanation how to do that.

I showed the app to some friends and family, so they get an idea what QRK is. Hopefully it will be in the playstore soon, so that they can download the wallet as well and I can send them some QRK.

In the desktop wallet, there is not an easy way to request quarks from someone else, other can copy and paste an address into an email.  The Quark desktop wallet does not have a "Show QR code" function.  If it did, one could scan that code with a phone app and send coins over.

I am not sure why the exchange rates are not working, let me see if I can find a bug.

In the desktop wallet, there is not an easy way to request quarks from someone else, other can copy and paste an address into an email.  The Quark desktop wallet does not have a "Show QR code" function.  If it did, one could scan that code with a phone app and send coins over.

I am not sure why the exchange rates are not working, let me see if I can find a bug.
Activity: 487
Merit: 500

New update to the Beta:

Changes Block Explorer to Blockr.io.  Also adds one peer.

https://github.com/HashEngineering/quarkcoin-wallet/releases/download/v0.1.5-beta/quark-wallet-0.1.5-beta.apk

This app will be available on Google Play soon.
also there is: http://bitinfocharts.com/quarkcoin/
I don't know which would be most preferable to display on the mobile wallet though..
What is the preferred block explorer?

blockr.io?
quarkexplorer.com? - this one does not seem to properly display nicely on mobile devices.
another?
qrk.blockr.io is preferable as quarkexplorer.com has not implemented search by address as yet!
Pages:
Jump to: