Pages:
Author

Topic: Quark Android Wallet Beta Testing (from HashEngineering) [w/ native hash!] - page 5. (Read 8742 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Great. Can anybody do something for windows mobile. I have a f**king windows mobile and it just doesn't have anything.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 570
Twitter\X @AlexKosa1
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
I tried it and so far i like it very much
Activity: 350
Got it installed.  So far at least the sending and receiving is working very smoothly between the app on my phone and my desktop wallet.  Will keep playing with this and post some screenshots.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Is this in the Google Play store yet?  Can't find it.
No, its just released in beta right now so we can test it and give feedback...See the link in the lead post of this thread to download it..or better yet, its right here for you: https://github.com/HashEngineering/quarkcoin-wallet/releases/download/v0.1.0-beta/quark-wallet-0.1.0-beta.apk
Pull it up on your phone and it will download directly:)
Is this in the Google Play store yet?  Can't find it.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
amazing work... should be bigger news. Thanks for this.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Thank for your hard work,  Cool
Independent Cryptoveloper
This app is really freaking sweet.  I have two minor problems though,

1) the app doesn't close.  I go back to the main menu, and swipe the app closed in cyanogen mod, but still see "connected nodes" in the status bar. 

2) I was able to send a payment to myself from my computer instantly, by manually typing in the phone wallet address.  I tried scanning a QR code to send a payment from bitinfocharts.com, but get the following message: "Cannot classify input: quarkcoin:Qeg5SiWkNNQXcXb3cGq5k2d8y3j4uJJH1v"

1)  If the "Connectivity Indicator" was activating, then I also had trouble closing the app using the back button.  I was able to force close it using other means (of course force closing an app is not ideal).

2)  This error is because the App was based on the Quark C++ source code where the URI for addresses is quark:Qeg5SiWkNNQXcXb3cGq5k2d8y3j4uJJH1v.  However, the bitinfocharts.com site is using quarkcoin:Qeg5SiWkNNQXcXb3cGq5k2d8y3j4uJJH1v.  I will update the code to read either type of URI.
My results on Google Nexus 7 2013 (4G) - deb

1.  Can you receive coins? (small amounts to avoid losing them)
Yes

2.  Can you send coins?
Yes

Its says it's still waiting because I was still syncing the blockchain

Thanks, I recieved the 0.05 QRK.

3.  Can you scan a QR code from another phone or Paper Wallet (to send coins).
Yep. send the dev and the guy who posed above me .05 QRK.
4.  Can you request coins via email or other android service?
Havent tested
5.  How long does it take to sync the blockchain?
Took about 30 minutes. Needs a lite version if possible, or the ability to turn off syncing on data!

This is a lite version, but we will strive to make it lighter.  The older versions of the Bitcoin and Litecoin android wallets had options for only syncing when plugged into power.  There may be away to only have it sync when on wifi.  These are options we will be looking into, but there are reasons why some of these features were taken out of the Bitcoin Wallet.

6.  Does it drain out your battery after an hour?
Went from 100% to 88% in exactly one hour. Android reports that the wallet app took half of that

This is another area for improvement.  The Hash function may be using much of that power and there is a way to reduce it.

7.  How much space does it take up on your phone?
Android reports 51MB

8.  Does it calculate exchange rates properly?
Reports $0.0701 for USD. Sounds about right.

Needs the ability to add nodes!
There are only 2 in the app, and one is always +/- 100 blocks apart.

Sending and receiving is deathly slow compared to how fast quark is.

Adding nodes is a function that will be added later.  Even the Bitcoin Wallet doesn't support the "addnodes=" and peers.dat features of the desktop client.

Downloaded it just now.

Install went without issues on Android 4.2.1

getting two peers connected from the start, so that's good (95.85.2.86 & 192.241.151.155)

Exchange rates tab doesn't work (yet?)

The Camera icon is in a weird spot on the "home" page of the wallet (see screenshot)

Syncing doesn't seem to give any issues, however, the client isn't indicating how much syncing has been done, so it's hard to tell.....

Install space of the Quark app itself is 13,34 MB

Thank you for your feedback. 

Connecting to two peers is normal.  This app does not have the robust connectivity features of the desktop client yet.  The bitcoin people will be adding that soon and when they do, I will import those changes into the Quark android wallet.

The camera icon appearing at the edge of the screen appears to be due to the sizes of the send and receive buttons.  In english these buttons take up less room due to fewer letters to display on the buttons.  I will try to see if there is a solution for this.

To see about syncing progress, go to options, then Network Monitor and scroll to Blocks if that part is not on the screen. If the last block is from 1 to 5 minutes ago, then the app is synced.
Activity: 314
This app is really freaking sweet.  I have two minor problems though,

1) the app doesn't close.  I go back to the main menu, and swipe the app closed in cyanogen mod, but still see "connected nodes" in the status bar. 

2) I was able to send a payment to myself from my computer instantly, by manually typing in the phone wallet address.  I tried scanning a QR code to send a payment from bitinfocharts.com, but get the following message: "Cannot classify input: quarkcoin:Qeg5SiWkNNQXcXb3cGq5k2d8y3j4uJJH1v"
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
My results on Google Nexus 7 2013 (4G) - deb

1.  Can you receive coins? (small amounts to avoid losing them)
Yes

2.  Can you send coins?
Yes

Its says it's still waiting because I was still syncing the blockchain

3.  Can you scan a QR code from another phone or Paper Wallet (to send coins).
Yep. send the dev and the guy who posed above me .05 QRK.
4.  Can you request coins via email or other android service?
Havent tested
5.  How long does it take to sync the blockchain?
Took about 30 minutes. Needs a lite version if possible, or the ability to turn off syncing on data!
6.  Does it drain out your battery after an hour?
Went from 100% to 88% in exactly one hour. Androind reports that the wallet app took half of that

7.  How much space does it take up on your phone?
Android reports 51MB

8.  Does it calculate exchange rates properly?
Reports $0.0701 for USD. Sounds about right.

Needs the ability to add nodes!
There are only 2 in the app, and one is always +/- 100 blocks apart.

Sending and receiving is deathly slow compared to how fast quark is.
Activity: 168
Can't wait for the final version
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
Downloaded it just now.

getting two peers connected from the start, so that's good (95.85.2.86 & 192.241.151.155)

The Camera icon is in a weird spot on the "home" page of the wallet (see screenshot)

Syncing doesn't seem to give any issues, however, the client isn't indicating how much syncing has been done, so it's hard to tell.....

fantastic - yes i noticed it calculated a weird number for the represented amount in the receive section , i'm on an older version of Android 4.0.3 (camera shows fine on this version)

will have to try it on a better connection .

awesome ! 
Activity: 238
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Downloaded it just now.

Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
Great work !!

just downloading now .
Activity: 868
Will test it when i get home. Well done!
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: