Pages:
Author

Topic: Question for admins: Add one more post in my thread maybe? - page 2. (Read 446 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Thanks for doing that, but I really wished it could have been solved in a different way without causing inconveniences where other users have to delete their posts. Especially after what SFR10 wrote about Lauda's thread.

Post #5 = December 03, 2016, 09:47:44 AM
Post #6 = November 18, 2017, 10:23:09 PM [was added after ten and a half months]
Post #7 = December 03, 2016, 10:05:45 AM
So it is possible to do. Let's see if someone from the mod/admin team will respond. Since Charles-Tim already deleted his post, things are OK now in my thread, but this could be interesting for other users who might find themselves in a similar situation. I didn't judge well enough how much space those tables would take and thought there wasn't so much LN content.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
The only thing that comes to my mind is ask Charles-Tim to edit his post and add the content you want.
Since the post number 4 is yours, the other solution is ask Charles-Tim to delete his post.
@Pmalek, I will delete my post, hosseinimr93 has a nice suggestion that I can help delete my post so you can edit your third post. If that okay by you, it will solve the issue.

Edit: already removed.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Would it be possible for the admins to add a new post in my thread and give it to me just below the #2 post, and kind of push all other posts one step lower? This sounds stupid even while I am writing it. Roll Eyes   
Yes, it's possible; IIRC, Lauda had a similar problem on "this" thread, and one of the admins inserted a few posts on his/her behalf...

Post #5 = December 03, 2016, 09:47:44 AM
Post #6 = November 18, 2017, 10:23:09 PM [was added after ten and a half months]
Post #7 = December 03, 2016, 10:05:45 AM
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
The new empty post should actually be #3, #2 is already mine. If the post IDs is something that can be changed automatically, I don't think anyone would care or mind which ID their post has.
I don't think RapTarX meant those numbers. Posts IDs are unique numbers allocated to forum posts. If they change, then all the links to the posts should change too.
For example, the post ID for the post number 2 is 57307364.

The only thing that comes to my mind is ask Charles-Tim to edit his post and add the content you want.
Since the post number 4 is yours, the other solution is ask Charles-Tim to delete his post.
legendary
I don't know how much old your post is. Now, if mod wants to add a post in #2, all the post-id which has been made later has to be changed.
I don't know why it matters when the thread was created, but just for reference, it's from June 24, 2021. It's this one btw > All Lightning Network Threads In One Place.  

The new empty post should actually be #3, #2 is already mine. If the post IDs is something that can be changed automatically, I don't think anyone would care or mind which ID their post has.

Instead, you can link in the OP with bold characters. That would be the best solution IMO.
I have considered adding a piece of text that says the table continues here and a link that goes to a new post in my thread, but I would prefer to have the discussions neatly organized by dates one below the other, and not forcing the readers to jump to post #10, #20, etc. to check the rest of the table.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
I don't know how much old your post is. Now, if mod wants to add a post in #2, all the post-id which has been made later has to be changed. Because, you can't generate a post in June and use the latest post-id but old date. There are restrictions I guess.
Instead, you can link in the OP with bold characters. That would be the best solution IMO.
legendary
I am currently working on a thread where I am collecting the best discussions about the Lightning Network in one place. I reserved the OP and one post underneath it for the tables that link to all other threads.

The problem is that I am running out of space and reaching maximum character counts in both OP and the 2nd post. I would hate to abandon it because it's almost finished, so I am asking a question where I am already 100% certain that it isn't possible, but who knows. Maybe it can be done with some admin magic.

Would it be possible for the admins to add a new post in my thread and give it to me just below the #2 post, and kind of push all other posts one step lower? This sounds stupid even while I am writing it. Roll Eyes   
Pages:
Jump to: