Pages:
Author

Topic: Question for all you holders - page 2. (Read 466 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 15, 2018, 03:05:38 PM
personally I have a target to reach and have a financial freedom and as soon as I will have it I will sell anything I got and I will not look back even if the coins get doubled in price.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
February 15, 2018, 01:27:38 PM
have you got any sort of exit strategy? Or are you going to hold until the day you die? If so, what's the point in having it?
This isn't an aggressive post - I'm genuinely curious as to what peoples targets / motivations etc are.
I just hold out of interest. I like Bitcoin for its features, not for its price, that's why I'm not that upset about the price. I think Bitcoin is a good investment, though. I'm going to hold Bitcoin for years just to see what happens to it, maybe it will drop, maybe increase, I just like to have it to be in the game.
Activity: 585
February 15, 2018, 01:10:40 PM
I can not hold till I die, though the possibility of that happenings later than now is there. But all my holds in any coin could sometime be sold when according to my projection feel it is high to do so.
Activity: 518
February 15, 2018, 12:46:35 PM
I think most of the holders do have a specific amount targeted for their investments, I don't think they would hold that forever for sure because they invested them for a reason. And most of the reason is that they are saving these coins for their future, or saving them for rainy seasons.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
February 15, 2018, 11:32:00 AM
Or are you going to hold until the day you die?
A little bit strange to hold coins to the day of own death, like you know when it will happen Huh
My plan is to wait bitcoin rise to 40k$ and I expect other coins, which i have in my protfolio will rise proportionally the same or alike. I will not become a millionaire of course, but this is those kind of risk and greediness which I can to handle.
Activity: 346
Merit: 103
February 14, 2018, 04:44:41 PM
I must hold my coins so tight for me not to loss money, since I can’t afford to sold it at a lower price, and also I have a goal that I need to accomplish and I believe by holding on a great coin will allow me to do that. Holding is the best thing that you can do in this market, because every coin will go up soon since cryptocurrency is our future.
Maybe i guess i will just hold my bitcoins as long as possible because i believe that it will always rise through time. Ofcourse i have many dreams and goals that i wanted to reach and do specially with the help of bitcoin. I must say that holding is the best way for me, rather than to trade it or sell it because it is risky.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
February 14, 2018, 04:35:47 PM
have you got any sort of exit strategy? Or are you going to hold until the day you die? If so, what's the point in having it?
This isn't an aggressive post - I'm genuinely curious as to what peoples targets / motivations etc are.

If you don't have any plan on sell it after getting some decent amount then you are not a trader, you are just a weird gambler that is obsessed with profit.
Having a percentage of profit is the best way to secure your income, having a measurement is always better than just seeing and thinking that it can go further.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
February 14, 2018, 04:08:50 PM
Okay that made me imagine things for some time just staring at one place.  Grin
I do have some time when I withdrew a part of my bitcoin. I am not living in a rich country so someone needs to pay the bills and the rents.
But there is still a far larger amount that is on hold.
I guess I am really into what will happen in the future and I dont want to be late where everything will be expensive.
The exit will be little by little, because I dont really need much of a money right now.
There is a day job that pays me.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
February 14, 2018, 04:02:14 PM
To HODL doesn't mean that you need to hold it for your entire life, obviously it doesn't make sense if a person hold till his/her death.
The purpose of holding is to get profit without taking any high risk as like trading, mostly people who can't spare time for trading do this.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
February 14, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

Of course you have to make your plan before holding otherwise your risks are really high. You need also to study the coins, tokens and check if they have good potential, because holding shitcoins is really worthless. I believe the most experienced holders have their plans and they sell as soon as the price reach their estimated level.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
February 14, 2018, 02:41:28 PM
Die? Hell nope. Coins are held so that when they appreciate to a reasonable profit, you can off load and maybe reenter in same coin when it goes dip or you look for another promising coin. I think this is my understanding to holding and not to hold till eternity.

Who will then enjoy the labour? Selling off is simply my exit.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
February 14, 2018, 02:38:33 PM
I would be practical, I am into holding but whenever I see profit I tend to sell part of my coins.  I had learned my lesson not to sell all my coins since there are times when the price of the Bitcoin increase more than my selling amount.  I can hold, i can sell and I can buy during the dip, this way I will never run out of Bitcoin getting profit on every peak and buying on every dip.
Activity: 404
Merit: 105
February 14, 2018, 01:59:19 PM

When bitcoin reach for at least 100k $ each, i think i will sell half of my coins when it comes. When i enter crypto currency, all i want is to make my life comfortable, i want to secured my future. The other half of my coins will exit when bitcoin reach 1million $ each. Its my plan.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
February 14, 2018, 01:44:36 PM
lol, bitcoin will never die ,, doing bitcoin hold is one way for us to real wealth ,, we all already know that digital asset has become one of the motivations that we must hold firm and sure that bitcoin will continue to grow and not will never die
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 14, 2018, 01:25:45 PM
I follow some guidelines:

- Never sell most part of your coins;
- Withdraw profit progressively;
- Always buy when BTC price drops considerably;
- Always sell after a high and fast increasement in price (taking in consideration the first guideline);
- Don't become desperate if you have lost a nice profit opportunity;
- NEVER panic selling!
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 11:45:32 AM
I hold it just as a backup investment. I have fiat for everyday transactions
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
February 14, 2018, 11:39:53 AM
I don't have an exit strategy, because I don't think that Bitcoin will die anytime soon.
The majority of my coins are just for holding purposes but besides holding I also try to use them to pay for goods and services, whenever I can.
It might feel different for people that bought Bitcoins when the price was $1000 but I got in around $100, so it doesn't really feel as a loss when the value halves.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
February 14, 2018, 11:35:01 AM
Well, just at almost 20k dollars and some of the holders might have already sold their coins. Maybe that is retirement for them and they are satisfied with the number.
That is the exit. When you feel like it should be sold then do it.
It is your coin and no one can stop you from doing it.
The run for holding is for those who can just do it until they are satisfied with the value of it. You could pass it on with your children but most likely there will be a withdrawal that will happen.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
February 14, 2018, 11:26:28 AM
I'm a bit holder, I have many altcoins that I hold for future rise. Yes I have exit strategies, when altcoin reach some top I sell and buy back again. Shortage of some kind, not planned, you can see that from my comments, I was buying ripple and iota for low price but when I saw it on x 5 iota I sold and I was fast, but with ripple I made a gret hit and I sold on top for 3.2$.
Now I'm buying this altcoins again, and I have some others that I wait more then 6 months for some greater rise. That is my strategy and I'm going great for now, and it isn't hard to do it.
Its just really on holders decision on when he would plan to exit as long we do make money then it should be fine but im sure we do have the common reason why we do hold up which is on having "PROFITS"  or might have the hopes on getting rich on the coins we are holding. Exit would be on case to case basis either you are satisfied with the profits gained or just been part of your strategy on buy low sell high then buy back later.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 14, 2018, 11:09:53 AM
I'm a bit holder, I have many altcoins that I hold for future rise. Yes I have exit strategies, when altcoin reach some top I sell and buy back again. Shortage of some kind, not planned, you can see that from my comments, I was buying ripple and iota for low price but when I saw it on x 5 iota I sold and I was fast, but with ripple I made a gret hit and I sold on top for 3.2$.
Now I'm buying this altcoins again, and I have some others that I wait more then 6 months for some greater rise. That is my strategy and I'm going great for now, and it isn't hard to do it.
Pages:
Jump to: