Pages:
Author

Topic: Question for all you holders - page 4. (Read 489 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
February 08, 2018, 06:03:32 PM
have you got any sort of exit strategy? Or are you going to hold until the day you die? If so, what's the point in having it?
This isn't an aggressive post - I'm genuinely curious as to what peoples targets / motivations etc are.

My tentative plan is to hold until I have at least $100,000 in my portfolio and then every year cash a little out. Maybe a 5% cash out every year. This way if the value of my coins continues to grow my balance may be increasing even while I cash out each year.

The point of my investment is to supplement my retirement but we also should consider cashing out some to book those profits if something were to go wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
February 08, 2018, 05:54:33 PM
My motive is to hold everything till I don't have to use a bank anymore for all daily needs, bills, etc. In my case the better question will be when I will exit fiat, and that I don't know. I am in Bitcoin to be part of a revolution against that what the government and banks represent. If we all adapt to this way of thinking, we will be able to break through their system once and for all. People deserve to own their wealth instead of having it sit in the financial system rotting away, and where the government doesn't mind eating through your capital every year, where on top of that, your capital becomess less valuable as well. It's a loss on top of another loss for you....
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
February 08, 2018, 05:27:49 PM
have you got any sort of exit strategy? Or are you going to hold until the day you die? If so, what's the point in having it?
This isn't an aggressive post - I'm genuinely curious as to what peoples targets / motivations etc are.

Well for those who really hold and not panic during any price crash is rewarded handsomely at the end. I think that's enough motivation for someone to hold as long as they can. However, there are circumstances that you need to dump it like in cases of emergencies, or you do really need fiat to purchase something. I honestly believe that there are no exit plans for long term holders, but there are scenarios that could lead them to sell a few, which I have mentioned already. So basically, long term holders have patience and will not just push the sell button that easy.
Activity: 602
Merit: 118
February 08, 2018, 05:01:59 PM
Yes i will survive, it's something i will do until i die, just as much as maintaining my life.

By having, it means we have faith to fight and care for it well, if nothing can be done at all then HODL is the last resort, and don't let our faith selling.
Bitcoin is the most established coin, don't be afraid to hold it.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
February 08, 2018, 04:26:17 PM

You make it really literal huh? Holding doesn't mean "holding forever". Remove that kind of idea and you will understand what other people is trying to say about "hold". Can't think why it came up to your mind.

There are some considerations before people sell a specific coin and that is vary per person. Some examples are; some people analyzing the current trend first before doing some sell, this is to prevent some impatient actions. Another one is, they anticipate that price will be more decent in the future so even a certain coin doesn't have any price movement, people sees "something from it". And the most common, they need to sell it immediately because they need money on a certain purposes. And there are more...

Hope this somehow enlightened you.
Activity: 826
Merit: 252
February 08, 2018, 04:17:40 PM

Short/ exit strategy is close the transactions and get out from the market. Most people will say exit is when they get profit ( win ), actually loss is included. Before open transaction we must have stop loss ( cut loss ) and take profit point, if you don't have it please stop your activity. We only need to disciplines with our strategy and accept the result. No one can hold until die because patience has limit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
February 08, 2018, 03:37:08 PM
I hodl because I don't think the market is where is should be. I see a lot of potential and in time we will get there. I don't think I will leave everything to hold and I will pull out something soon (this year) but I will always leave something in a coin. I think taking it all out is not the best idea. You never know.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
February 08, 2018, 03:35:15 PM
because I am new and only have a small capital, I just make an investment under $ 1, I just look for small profits from there, I have bought altcoin many like igniz, nxt, and ripple
hopefully my strategy runs smoothly
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
February 08, 2018, 03:34:53 PM
Well I don't thing that there any one here that is holding his or her for eternity. And whoever is currently holding any coins has a particular reason that action including yourself. Exit point depends on when my target profit has been achieve before I will well any of my coins.

Not really a post for Meta
Well respected Legendary Sir, here is trading discussion and not Meta
Activity: 280
Merit: 105
February 08, 2018, 03:20:13 PM

I think even the most fervent of holders will have a limit. I think it's most to buy in to the idea of holding strong and making wise decisions as to when to cash out. I find it hard to believe that if bitcoin was priced at say $100m thus making the majority of people with bitcoin millionaires or multi-millionaires that we wouldn't see the large majority of them cash out.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 08, 2018, 01:29:35 AM

Not really a post for Meta - you should move it (control at lower left) to somewhere more appropriate.

Then PM me and I will remove this post.  Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 08, 2018, 01:26:59 AM
Pages:
Jump to: