Pages:
Author

Topic: Question for BFL - "Little SCs" Jalapenos and Preorders - page 2. (Read 3090 times)

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Thanks.

I have been emailing BFL on this and while it's true that one can "upgrade" a Jalapeno order for a Little SC, it seems that upgrading any orders under 4 Jals will reset one's place in the order queue.

For those such as myself who ordered a couple Jals early, this puts us between a rock and a hard place. Bumped specs for the Jal are seriously lagging those of the other models, yet to upgrade to a Little SC would put one at the very end of the massive pre-order list, thus killing the value of a pre-order with numerous alternatives available. I am currently asking about refunds given the sudden shift in specs and options.
Too bad, but wait another day or so, unless you are in a hurry to order elsewhere. I had a 4 Jalapeno and a 2 Jalapeno order, was able to update the 4 J's to a little single and keep the August order date, and leave the 2 J. order intact, but while waiting for the exact amount for shipping internationally for the Little Single, BFL changed the update policy a bit, into my favor. May be into yours too, if you had multiple machines on order? How many J's were ordered by you?
Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Thanks.

I have been emailing BFL on this and while it's true that one can "upgrade" a Jalapeno order for a Little SC, it seems that upgrading any orders under 4 Jals will reset one's place in the order queue.

For those such as myself who ordered a couple Jals early, this puts us between a rock and a hard place. Bumped specs for the Jal are seriously lagging those of the other models, yet to upgrade to a Little SC would put one at the very end of the massive pre-order list, thus killing the value of a pre-order with numerous alternatives available. I am currently asking about refunds given the sudden shift in specs and options.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
uhhh, no, are you cabledespair's one?

At least I have some circumstantial evidence of you parroting Inaba's posts 10-15 min after he posts them on an external site (BFL's forums, 2 times in a row in fact) unlike your completely baseless claim.

Pardon me, just happen to have 6 open tabs in the browser, so an open eye for a lot more. My complete baseless claim, says the guy with the advertisement sig.

It's for a contest for free hardware. Expect to see a lot more of it.

At least I have some circumstantial evidence of you parroting Inaba's posts 10-15 min after he posts them on an external site (BFL's forums, 2 times in a row in fact) unlike your completely baseless claim.

Pardon me, just happen to have 6 open tabs in the browser, so an open eye for a lot more. My complete baseless claim, says the guy with the advertisement sig.

It is, check the link after "Asked before, but not answered, yet."

They mention you can switch your jalapeno order to a little sc but don't mention if the expected ship date is the same as the jalapeno.. Which really is the main question.
They did.
Q: OK so does that mean the "Little Single" will be available at the same time the Jalapeno is available?
A bfl_josh:  Yes, they should all be available at the same time. We will have an order page up for the "little" single soon.

Someone posting after that mentions: Jody has said on her blog that no Little Singles will ship until all the orders are filled up to September 30th. Little clarity?

lol you ass hat that was posted 30 minutes ago.. nice try being a smart ass.
lol   anyhow, from the 1/3 shipping plan:
"Since the "Little" Single SC unit is a new product, not included in the first preorder phase, all SC orders up to and including orders placed on September 30th, 2012 will be assembled and shipped prior to shipping any NEW orders of the "Little" Single SC. UPGRADE orders will be shipping in the order received for your original order that you upgraded from, 1/2 for FIFO and 1/2 random from all orders."

I find the timing of your responses quite interesting. Are you Inaba's new puppet account?

They mention you can switch your jalapeno order to a little sc but don't mention if the expected ship date is the same as the jalapeno.. Which really is the main question.
They did.
Q: OK so does that mean the "Little Single" will be available at the same time the Jalapeno is available?
A bfl_josh:  Yes, they should all be available at the same time. We will have an order page up for the "little" single soon.

Someone posting after that mentions: Jody has said on her blog that no Little Singles will ship until all the orders are filled up to September 30th. Little clarity?

lol   anyhow, from the 1/3 shipping plan:
"Since the "Little" Single SC unit is a new product, not included in the first preorder phase, all SC orders up to and including orders placed on September 30th, 2012 will be assembled and shipped prior to shipping any NEW orders of the "Little" Single SC. UPGRADE orders will be shipping in the order received for your original order that you upgraded from, 1/2 for FIFO and 1/2 random from all orders."
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
why did they even launch another product when the delay on shipping is already so big? i don't get it

They did.

They did.

It's answered now!  Grin
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
BFL, in light of the recent announcement of bumped specs and a new product prior to launch, I have a couple questions:

1) Is the "Little SC" going to be ready and shipped at launch on the same timeline as the original Jal/SC/Rig lineup?

2) If so, are you offering any "order upgrades" to folks, such as myself, who pre-ordered multiple jalapenos but would rather upgrade to a Little SC given Jal's performance bump being moderately lower?

3) Would such an upgrade impact one's place in pre-order shipments?

Many thanks in advance, and shame me with a link if this has already been answered elsewhere.
Pages:
Jump to: