Pages:
Author

Topic: Question for coins.ph account owners - page 2. (Read 424 times)

asu
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1135
September 29, 2019, 04:18:05 PM
Just to remind you that transferring BTC from coins.ph to segwit was not sure,
What do you mean by this? I already tried coins.ph sending BTC from coins.ph to segwit wallet without issue.

Assuming you didn’t sent it to a Bech32 type segwit address that starting bc1, eg: bc1qar0srrr7xfkvy5l643lydnw9re59gtzzwf5mdq

In the meantime, meron kasing dalawang types ng segwit address na either you will be using addresses starting in 3 or bc1.

In the bitcoin wallet electrum, you will be choosing two types of segwit address, right? One is for P2SH nested segwit that starting in 3 and the other one is for native segwit that starting in bc1.

Nested segwit in a P2SH type addresses starts in 3 the usual bitcoin address that we have in coins.ph and assuming that you probably sent it in P2SH type of address or nested segwit because sending to a Bech32 type of address won’t work using coinsph.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
September 29, 2019, 03:24:12 PM
What do you mean by this? I already tried coins.ph sending BTC from coins.ph to segwit wallet without issue.
Really? Some said that it won't transfer the bitcoin when sending to a segwit wallet. I'll take note on that, thanks.
--
Another issue is, it's very expensive when you're trying to transfer a BTC from coins.ph to another wallet. So I'm just using it when I'm trying to withdraw my BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
September 29, 2019, 02:51:04 PM
Thanks you guys, I would give it a try, hope it's convenient! fingers crossed and @zenrol28 Thanks, I am already loving it! beautiful country, nice people Smiley 

Don't forget to verify your account because unverified accounts from coins.ph can't transfer or send bitcoin to other wallets.
If you are living in different countries I think you can't use coins.ph as a wallet but if you are here on the philippines I think you need to submit your passport to become a verified user.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
September 29, 2019, 02:00:48 PM
I would like to know if I can use the wallet as a normal bitcoin wallet to send and receive bitcoins?
Yes, it’s literally just the same other popular bitcoin wallet.

Guidelines:
https://support.coins.ph/hc/en-us/categories/202511708-Getting-Started

Thanks you guys, I would give it a try, hope it's convenient! fingers crossed and @zenrol28 Thanks, I am already loving it! beautiful country, nice people Smiley  

Just to remind you that transferring BTC from coins.ph to segwit was not sure, I don't know if this method will work, I hope you'll ask first in the Coins.ph Official Thread or their customer support before you transact.
--
In my experience, coins were very slow on updating the value of BTC so you can't do daily trading on that platform, it's just a typical wallet that stores bitcoin. Coins.ph wasn't similar to the international wallets that have private keys but I assure that it's secured.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
September 29, 2019, 01:20:25 PM
I don't mean to derail your topic but you may also consider Abra, a non-custodial wallet which offers better rate so far.

You can check out our discussions at Discussion on Philippine crypto wallets/apps Feel free to ask additional questions. It's always better to have other options.

Edit:
All the basic information about Abra at https://support.abra.com/hc/en-us
There's no KYC by the way.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
September 29, 2019, 01:17:51 PM
The thing is you must have the countries' valid ID's which can be seen here so that you can apply and be accepted to be capable of using the sevices coins' offered.

[edit] Oh, as long as you have your passport IDs, they will accept it for foreign users.
For foreign customers, please submit your international passport to comply with Philippine regulations.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 29, 2019, 01:02:25 PM
I am currently in the Phillipines and I want to buy some bitcoins, the offers I see on localbitcoins don't impress me so I am thinking about joining coins.ph, I would like to know if I can use the wallet as a normal bitcoin wallet to send and receive bitcoins? I would really appreciate some advise. Sorry for writing in English, I can't speak the language, I just know a few words. I have translated below.
Well, here is my friendly advice. Don't store bitcoin on coins.ph for long term if you want to use this just a temporary and when you have been bought bitcoin transfer immediately to your hardware wallet or if you want free hardware wallet download it to your clean PC here [link] https://electrum.org/#download. Tama, so far wala pang mabigat na issue ang coins.ph about scamming or those untrustworthy behaviors.
Indeed, Coins.ph is good for having a payment processor not a bitcoin storage.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 356
September 29, 2019, 12:51:05 PM
So far paps, wala pa naman akong nakikitang issue about sa coinsph. Okay naman talaga siyang gamitin. Kaya para sa akin okay siya paps kahit hindi mo hawak ang private key. Pero kung milyon ang ilalagay mo sa coins ay mas mabuti sigurong gumawa ka ng Bitcoin wallet na ikaw ang nagmamay-ari ng private key o phrase kasi walang nakakaalam nyan kondi ikaw lang.
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
September 29, 2019, 09:56:27 AM
Yes like a normal bitcoin wallet.
But, you can't have the private key for your wallet if that's ok to you.
Also, you cannot set a specific amount of satoshi/byte for your transaction fees. Only "low", "normal" and "fast" are the only options which coinsph calculates depending on the network traffic.
I hope these answer your questions. Enjoy staying here in the Philippines.  Smiley

I would like to know if I can use the wallet as a normal bitcoin wallet to send and receive bitcoins?

Guidelines:

copper member
Activity: 840
Merit: 110
Give Hope For Everyone!
September 29, 2019, 09:25:47 AM
Yes like a normal bitcoin wallet.
But, you can't have the private key for your wallet if that's ok to you.
Also, you cannot set a specific amount of satoshi/byte for your transaction fees. Only "low", "normal" and "fast" are the only options which coinsph calculates depending on the network traffic.
I hope these answer your questions. Enjoy staying here in the Philippines.  Smiley
asu
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1135
September 29, 2019, 09:24:20 AM

Guidelines:
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
September 29, 2019, 09:10:40 AM
I am currently in the Phillipines and I want to buy some bitcoins, the offers I see on localbitcoins don't impress me so I am thinking about joining coins.ph, I would like to know if I can use the wallet as a normal bitcoin wallet to send and receive bitcoins? I would really appreciate some advise. Sorry for writing in English, I can't speak the language, I just know a few words. I have translated below.

Kasalukuyan akong nasa Phillipines at nais kong bumili ng ilang mga bitcoins, ang mga alok na nakikita ko sa mga localbitcoins ay hindi pinahanga sa akin kaya iniisip kong sumali sa mga barya.ph, nais kong malaman kung maaari kong gamitin ang pitaka bilang isang normal na bitcoin pitaka upang magpadala at tumanggap ng mga bitcoins? Gusto ko talagang pahalagahan ang ilang mga payo. Paumanhin sa pagsulat sa Ingles, hindi ako marunong magsalita ng wika, kakaunti lang ang alam ko. Isinalin ko sa ibaba.
Pages:
Jump to: