Pages:
Author

Topic: Question to Bitcoiners: What do you think about IEO? - page 2. (Read 218 times)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
my opinion it will be new scheme for pump and dump but not for all project, but most of them.
since binance announce first IEO all exchange starting follow it, and i guess this will be new way to earn and lose.
so, be wise if you want buy coin from IEO not all of them will shine.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 542
I think bitcoiners cannot worry about ieos
Because icos has done more exploit than ieos and it’s not even in the same level yet
For the time being it;s not but time comes when ICOs and IEOs would be on the same level with regards to scamming investors if IEO would not be regulated. Failed ICOs are looking now to do IEOs so it's just the same only the platform/venue change but the money grab scheme continues.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
i don't have to be a "bitcoiner" to not like IEOs!

in fact the reasons why people stay away from these things is about the fact that they are scams and highly risky to invest into. when you are giving away your money to some people who are completely anonymous, have no history of any projects in cryptocurrencies and they don't guarantee any returns then you are throwing your money away. you might as well place a dice game, that is at least "fair" Cheesy
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
AltCoins are raising money using IEO or Initial Exchange Offering. It started out good, but since we have 100s of exchanges and all of them have started launching IEOs, it's starting to get messy like ICOs. What do you guys think?

Personally, I am a big supporter of crowd-funding as a source of startup capital as long as its done responsibly. I invest on Start Engine and Republic and I see crappy project on those platforms too. I just wish the Exchanges will do some due diligence before launching an IEO.

now a lot of exchange become a crowdfunding platform with their IEO
maybe the main advantages from IEO, is only the project will be tradeable soon when the IEO finish
about project development, its depends with their team too
so, for long term investments, choose the right project and do not follow the hype without knowing the project deeply

The only aspect that makes IEO a little bit different than ico caused by instant listing on exchange site but they are all the same and bitcoiners should not feel worry about that. IEO similar to the ICO and its system. Exchange just take the advantage because they can get the fees from ico that listed on their IEO.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
it has always been messy and it has nothing to do with the new exchanges getting on board. the problem is that this method of crowdfunding is pretty bad and none of the projects so far have used the funds they raised to deliver anything. they have all taken the money and gone away to do something else with their lives instead!

nowadays it is only about how you can gamble in the market so there is lots of ICOs and alternative forms of them like IEOs with a different name but the same thing at heart and everyone wants to get on board to take advantage. and that is why all these exchanges are starting their own IEO!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 252
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
AltCoins are raising money using IEO or Initial Exchange Offering. It started out good, but since we have 100s of exchanges and all of them have started launching IEOs, it's starting to get messy like ICOs. What do you guys think?

Personally, I am a big supporter of crowd-funding as a source of startup capital as long as its done responsibly. I invest on Start Engine and Republic and I see crappy project on those platforms too. I just wish the Exchanges will do some due diligence before launching an IEO.

now a lot of exchange become a crowdfunding platform with their IEO
maybe the main advantages from IEO, is only the project will be tradeable soon when the IEO finish
about project development, its depends with their team too
so, for long term investments, choose the right project and do not follow the hype without knowing the project deeply
Activity: 690
Merit: 12
There are consequences for every action
I think bitcoiners cannot worry about ieos
Because icos has done more exploit than ieos and it’s not even in the same level yet

Bitcoin stands out universally; let’s respect thatb
Activity: 317
Merit: 141
Pretty much the same as ICOs. They sold empty products/promises with easier access to a pump and dump scheme. Do not get me wrong, I am not saying all of ICOs/IEOs are crap, but the majority of them are.

You should do your own research / due diligence before buying any of that stuff.
I agree with your statement that do your own research/due diligence before buying, mostly people have been forgot it, they just gamble but the alternatives coins ICO/IEOs projects with don't know anything about the projects and then when they have got scamed they blamed ICO, IEOs and any other related with cryptocurrencies. That's not fair for all of community cryptocurrencies, should they learn more about the basic knowledge of investment before put the money in ICOs or IEOs than just blamed them and cryptocurrencies space because it is new innovations in the world to be more better.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
Pretty much the same as ICOs. They sold empty products/promises with easier access to a pump and dump scheme. Do not get me wrong, I am not saying all of ICOs/IEOs are crap, but the majority of them are.

You should do your own research / due diligence before buying any of that stuff.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: