Pages:
Author

Topic: Quit smoking - page 8. (Read 6716 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
April 21, 2014, 12:11:58 PM
Vaping! The answer is vaping! Go to a vape shop and buy a mod and start vaping. It's like an electronic cigarette but it works much, much better. You get tanks and fill them with liquid that has nicotine and flavoring in it. I converted to this very easily and am about a thousand times healthier. There is a lot of research being done and so far I haven't found a single credible study that indicated any harmful effects other than mild throat and lung irritation, and even those were far less severe than the same effects from smoking.
Interesting, this is the first time that I've heard about this.
Thank you for the share. There needs to be a lot more research done in that field.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
April 21, 2014, 10:37:39 AM
Vaping! The answer is vaping! Go to a vape shop and buy a mod and start vaping. It's like an electronic cigarette but it works much, much better. You get tanks and fill them with liquid that has nicotine and flavoring in it. I converted to this very easily and am about a thousand times healthier. There is a lot of research being done and so far I haven't found a single credible study that indicated any harmful effects other than mild throat and lung irritation, and even those were far less severe than the same effects from smoking.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
April 21, 2014, 10:33:06 AM
Nicorette inhaler. Thanks for sharing this
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
April 21, 2014, 09:13:27 AM
I found patches and gum didn't do it for me, nicotine inhalers which have cartridges you change out is what worked for me - http://www.productreview.com.au/p/nicorette-inhaler.html

Been smoke free for about 3 years now, used the inhaler for 2 weeks to help with cravings, went cold turkey 2 weeks after that.  As others have mentioned you need to WANT to quit smoking, like REALLY want it in order to be successful.

I was pretty much a pack a day smoker for 10 years, quite 2 times before for about 1.5 years each time, this method seems to be the longest lasting for me.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
April 21, 2014, 09:09:56 AM
Try chewing nicotine gum when u feel like smoking

It's not helping. As well as nicotine patch. Will power - your best chance.
Activity: 266
April 21, 2014, 08:08:10 AM
Try chewing nicotine gum when u feel like smoking
Activity: 140
April 21, 2014, 08:06:07 AM
I'm a chain smoker before, but did change because of determination and the fear of having a lung cancer. Just replace your cigarette to other alternatives, like candies (something sweets) or just make yourself busy, so that you can't think of smoking once in a while  Wink
legendary
Terminated.
April 21, 2014, 07:58:00 AM
I have been smoking for ages.

Does anyone have a secret how i can finally stop?

The real secret is: just don't start. I never smoked in my life it may be easy for me but I don't understand why people even start smoking. They want be more badass? More mature? Smoking is just disgusting habit. Everyone knows that, so why?
Why do people do drugs, why do people drink alcohol?
The same goes for both.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
April 21, 2014, 07:24:41 AM
I have been smoking for ages.

Does anyone have a secret how i can finally stop?

The real secret is: just don't start. I never smoked in my life it may be easy for me but I don't understand why people even start smoking. They want be more badass? More mature? Smoking is just disgusting habit. Everyone knows that, so why?
legendary
Terminated.
April 21, 2014, 07:07:26 AM
I've done more research on lung cancer after you mentioning it. Most of the time, when it is detected it is stage IV, and it is too late.
Hopefully we will see a breakthrough that can cure cancer for good!
I read a story on how a doctor learned of a treatment that cured a certain cancer in the USA. However,  the FDA won't recognize it because drug companies and doctors make more treating cancer rather then eliminating it.
Yes, I've read about some cure somewhere long ago. Drug companies would lose millions/billions if a cheap cure was developed (e.g. pills that don't cost much).
Activity: 196
April 21, 2014, 07:07:06 AM
I smoke about 2-.2.5 packs of Marlboro per day.

Had quit smoking, once.

If you're a nervous person, it'll gonna be much harder.

1) Don't think of cigarettes. If you have any packs in your house, throw them in the garbage.
2) If you're surrounded with people who're smoking, you're screwed. Ask from them to stop smoking in front of you, so they help you.
3) The key is: Will to stop smoking. Do you have any reason stopping smoking? If yes, it's going to be easier.

Before I quit smoking I got sick from cigs. I wanted to puke, whenever I inhaled smoke inside of me. Not sure why, but I wanted my brain to think that it's not good for myself. So, my brain was registering like that. BAD-STOP-SMOKING

There are gums, nicotine patches and other stuff which can distract you from smoking ( Yes, distract. Not make you quit. )

If you have willpower you'll quit easier than you think.

Now I'm smoking because of damn markets.

-TWC
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
April 21, 2014, 07:03:34 AM
I once succeeded to stop for a couple of weeks after reading the book "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Carr

But be careful, the magic may only work once. Everytime I try again nowadays, I start to read the book and think with every chapter: "Yeah, I know this allready".

You really should stop, its probably the badest and most sensless habit on this planet. Death by lung cancer is definitely one of the worst.
I've done more research on lung cancer after you mentioning it. Most of the time, when it is detected it is stage IV, and it is too late.

I read a story on how a doctor learned of a treatment that cured a certain cancer in the USA. However,  the FDA won't recognize it because drug companies and doctors make more treating cancer rather then eliminating it.
legendary
Terminated.
April 21, 2014, 06:59:55 AM
I once succeeded to stop for a couple of weeks after reading the book "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Carr

But be careful, the magic may only work once. Everytime I try again nowadays, I start to read the book and think with every chapter: "Yeah, I know this allready".

You really should stop, its probably the badest and most sensless habit on this planet. Death by lung cancer is definitely one of the worst.
Activity: 672
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 21, 2014, 06:53:49 AM

legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
April 21, 2014, 06:42:08 AM

Activity: 798
April 21, 2014, 06:34:12 AM
To quit firstly you have to want to. Secondly just stop! It sounds hard but its the easiest way, after a week it gets a whole lot easier. No need for rehab its not crack we're talking about!
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
April 21, 2014, 06:33:07 AM
Create a no smoke coin. You'll be so busy you'll never have time to smoke again.
Activity: 368
Merit: 252
April 21, 2014, 06:30:19 AM
Don't smoke and put your money to Bitcoin. 3 years later you will be rich.

Or better, Nemcoin.
Activity: 368
Merit: 252
April 21, 2014, 06:28:13 AM
Commit a crime, get sent to prison, beat the shit out of someone and go to solitaire confinement.

It will detox you.
legendary
Activity: 1554
April 21, 2014, 06:24:41 AM
Don't smoke and put your money to Bitcoin. 3 years later you will be rich.
Pages:
Jump to: