Pages:
Author

Topic: Quiting gambling - page 3. (Read 1296 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033
April 12, 2016, 12:02:50 PM
it amazes me how some people find it hard to stop doing something so bad. just close the site and never come back.

Not so easy to quit gambling may be easy to say but hard to do especially for members Bitcointalk almost daily discussions related to gambling
I also difficult to quit gambling but I'm not a big gambler only gamble with some of the money I earned from this forum don't use money from real job
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
April 12, 2016, 12:00:07 PM
it really isn't that hard to still enjoy gambling and not lose all your life over it because you got addicted to gambling!

you just have to set some rules for yourself and stick to those rules, for example force yourself yo only gamble with maximum of 0.5BTC each week. if you won, then good, withdraw and enjoy and if you lost stop and walk away.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
April 12, 2016, 11:58:30 AM
The best way to quit gambling is sometimes, to lose a lot of money. If you lose a lot of money, you may experience for yourself what being a total idiot is, and you will may learn the lesson the harsh way but never gamble again, or gamble in very small amounts so it never constitutes a real risk and you are never facing money problems. I think we don't need to reach that point, but some people only learn the hard way.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
SOULcoin
April 12, 2016, 11:57:53 AM
Thanks for the advice. I will try to occupy myself with other stuff so that i could keep the gambling thoughts out.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468
April 12, 2016, 11:56:53 AM
Need some advice on gambling.
I need quit gambling. It seems that i am getting more and more addicted to it. I want to stop before it gets worse. Can you guys give some advice on how to quit gambling.
Thanks.

Well it depends on how much you can control yourself.I am in same situation as yours and last week i made some caculations about my gambling stats and i was in net loss of more than half bitcoin and so i decided to spend bitcoins everytime i earn them .You can do the same or can put it up in investments (NOT HYIP's)
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
April 12, 2016, 11:48:55 AM
A tough spot to be in and not quite sure what to advise as it's not something that I have been victim of yet.
Replacement I think is key, smoking is an addiction and I have quit a few times so obviously my method hasn't really worked but it did for the time I stopped, try to replace your gambling with something else, perhaps learn a language or replace it with a workout or something along those lines.

It is good that you are able to recognise the potential problem before it fully grips you that is a good start!  I wish you luck and hope that others will have some better advice then me to help you out.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 12, 2016, 11:48:53 AM
I need quit gambling. It seems that i am getting more and more addicted to it. I want to stop before it gets worse. Can you guys give some advice on how to quit gambling.
Thanks.

The best think you can do it's to go to a psychologist and tell about your problem. I don't think we can help you.
My advice will be: don't gamble.
But i think that won't work :p

Good luck and don't give up due to gambling! Smiley
Activity: 629
Merit: 501
Experientia docet
April 12, 2016, 11:46:59 AM
it amazes me how some people find it hard to stop doing something so bad. just close the site and never come back.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
SOULcoin
April 12, 2016, 11:45:04 AM
Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: