Pages:
Author

Topic: [R-2]Win a Christmas Cruise to Caribbean for 8 people! coming soon @luckysatoshi - page 7. (Read 9708 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th
3dbb271d0a1d1058ccb426fe7defa60390b5f1d218d58823db0da1b07db7f771

I think the terms are fair now... hopefully more people play.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
So this game is still on and the winner can choose either a Knc titan preorder or the pot?

Yeap! Terms and Conditions updated and danny will update the agreement soon i think.

Ladies and gentleman, place your bets!

1MkcdKa3osFpgEcrKsArF7KCE3WULe49jD

Updated Escrow agreement allowing the winner to choose to receive 95% of the balance (after bitcoin transaction fee is paid) in place of the preorder shipping info if they prefer:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Escrow ID: 201407132200

The escrow address for the raffle beginning on 2014-07-13 and run by luckyknc will be:

Please understand this is done as a community service for users of bitcointalk, there is risk associated with holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and facilitating  this transaction will require time and attention. As such, if it does not represent a burden to do so, please consider sending a bitcoin gratuity to 1JDjY2PLWtPifW4hxTpeVBAybBZwJwzdj4 (valid for this raffle only) after the satisfactory resolution of this raffle.

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the raffle advertised on the morning of July 12 by the user identified by the luckyknc pseudonym used on bitcointalk.org

The escrow holder, Daniel Hamilton (pseudonym DannyHamilton), assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arise, he will strive to release escrow in a way that honors the sprit of the published rules of the raffle to the best of his ability.

The winning entry will be chosen according to the independently verifiable process described at bitraffle.info.

No party should fund the escrow address until luckyknc has confirmed that he agrees with the terms of escrow release. If no other conditions are received, the default conditions of the contract assume:

If there are less than 400 entries into the raffle, then the there will be a 0.0002 BTC per kilobyte transaction fee paid from the escrow funds to the miner that confirms the transaction that releases the escrow. 95% of the remaining balance will be sent to a bitcoin address of the winner's choice.

If there are 400 entries or more, the winner will have their choice of either receiving 95% of the remaining sum of all entries after the transaction fee is paid or having their name and address entered into the shipping information on luckyknc's paid preorder for a first batch KNC Titan Miner 400 Mh/s.

If there are less than 400 entries, or if the winner chooses the option to receive 95% of the remaining raffle balance after transaction fees are paid, the remaining 5% of the balance will be awarded to luckyknc to compensate him for sponsoring the raffle.

If there are 400 or more entires and the winner chooses to have their name and address entered into luckyknc's preorder, the entire balance of the escrow address will be released to luckyknc after the winner's name and address are entered into the KNC pre-order shipping information. Release of escrow will not be dependent on the actual KNC Titan Miner being received. The specific day of delivery is a responsibility of KNC, and neither the raffle provider nor the escrow provider is responsible for any failure of KNC to honor the pre-order. PLEASE NOTE, THE ESCROW PROVIDER CAN ONLY MAKE SURE THAT THE WINNER'S NAME AND ADDRESS ARE ENTERED AS DELIVERY INFO. ONCE ESCROW IS RELEASED THERE IS NO WAY FOR THE ESCROW PROVIDER TO PREVENT THE RAFFLE PROVIDER FROM CHANGING THE NAME AND ADDRESS BACK.

If the winner of the raffle chooses control of the pre-order, they will be solely responsible for any fees required for delivery (such as customs fees), and are responsible for any taxes that their own local jurisdiction may place on them.

To be a valid entry into the raffle, the transaction must receive its first confirmation in a block before 317390.

It is VERY IMPORTANT that all raffle participants post the transaction ID in this thread after they send bitcoins to the excrow address so they can be identified for payout at the end of the raffle.  If the winner cannot be identified, or nobody claims the prize for 7 full days after the end of the raffle, the prize will instead be awarded to the next lowest hash.

In the case that two or more users claim the same transaction as their own, they will be required to sign a message to prove that they own the private key of the address from which the payment originated.

There will be no maximum limit to the number of entries allowed in this raffle.

If a situation arises that reults in it not being possible to verify the winner of the raffle, then all participants will be refunded their entries.  This is the only situation where a refund will be allowed.

The written acceptance by luckyknc and/or the addition of the escrow address above to the luckysatoshi.org website constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this agreement.

Thank you,
DannyHamilton (the escrow holder)

2014-07-13 22:00 CDT (UTC-05:00)
Edit: Updated 2014-07-17 13:00 CDT to allow the user the option to choose to receive the BTC payout instead of the pre-order.
Escrow: 1MkcdKa3osFpgEcrKsArF7KCE3WULe49jD (valid for this transaction only)
Tips: 1JDjY2PLWtPifW4hxTpeVBAybBZwJwzdj4 (valid for this transaction only)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.22 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - https://gpgtools.org

iQEcBAEBCgAGBQJTyAqbAAoJEN6cvAAgyl4FuTYIAIpAX9q6JOehPtbXlLx5nPoo
a5nEZ9aU2DDywTLUzV4lnzSpDTmoMJgIQKPAJv32AdQjeeuV5F1D/YSsjgsOgHL3
u2w2degAUohoga9KyVCDtd+HNE2Wi5AihzI4UBd4UKX8Ix4dNYEcghIfSIcyMegN
fYJuTijEsAU7ktLTDQ2J2Tj6RL8siW0FO0U+OVHA32XNPUnHBhI22DXCKOtmrhFG
KvXzc0rTtx0T4aZb2I3nzMRfxk36uDlduPje0XYsUtGdjB7OOnvJ8m1gFzFLO2q0
6l0/HXYdXqxVmqAHSM/NtolU1Z0AvWR4GSQGN1vKyfh5ByfN6BAD0tbynQqjsls=
=PwQV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
legendary
Activity: 189
Merit: 101
So this game is still on and the winner can choose either a Knc titan preorder or the pot?

Yeap! Terms and Conditions updated and danny will update the agreement soon i think.

Ladies and gentleman, place your bets!

Activity: 289
Merit: 251
6242 blocks left!

Get your ticket now and get a chance to raffle off a first batch KNC Titan Miner!

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
 Shocked
raffles are extremely risky
And give the winner the choice to either win the pot or the Knc Titan Miner preorder and alleviate everyone's concerns.

Have you decided to do this?  Shall I add it to the escrow agreement?

Already added in the Terms and Conditions.

Method one:
Give the winner a choice of prize if the total number of entries exceeds 400.  They can EITHER receive 95% of the balance in the raffle escrow address, OR they can have their name and address added to the KNC shipping information on your order.  This would allow those who trust you to choose the KNC Titan, and those that don't trust you can still participate in the raffle knowing that they can accept the bitcoins if they win.

And give the winner the choice to either win the pot or the Knc Titan Miner preorder and alleviate everyone's concerns.
legendary
There are two ways you could increase people's faith in the result of the raffle and therefore increase participation.

Method one:
Give the winner a choice of prize if the total number of entries exceeds 400.  They can EITHER receive 95% of the balance in the raffle escrow address, OR they can have their name and address added to the KNC shipping information on your order.  This would allow those who trust you to choose the KNC Titan, and those that don't trust you can still participate in the raffle knowing that they can accept the bitcoins if they win.

Method two:
Contact KNC and find out if just one of the Titan miners can be transferred to a new account.  I'd even be willing to create a KNC account for the purpose of holding the order in escrow.  I'd then turn over control of the account that I created to the winner at the end of the raffle.

Without either of these two modifications to the raffle, you'll probably find that there aren't enough people that trust a brand new user to get involved.  There are simply too many ways that you could manipulate the results, and you haven't built up enough reputation yet for people to be willing to take that chance.

I surely have an itchy finger now..
I can't believe that my first post on this forum was about chances and probabilities and here I am considering this "raffle" thing..

Well i guess i might buy one if i see a little more interest on that thing..

its really only safe if less then 400 tickets sold...cause then you'd win the pot...if more then 400 tickets sold, then he can just change the shipping address and change it back to whatever he wants and still get all the btc Sad

Noone in the bitcoin world is trusted from the beginning. Also i dont believe we are getting anywhere close to 400 tickets! Although we would like to give 1 of our 2 titan miners and get something more than its original value. That is what this raffle is all about !
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

The name and address wont be changed back, the same way we trust you not to take the btc and run or hold them for no apparent reason.
We are trying to build up a name for our site since the raffles will continue so there is no point in doing that. However, we cannot risk to transfer to someone else an account that has more than one items pre ordered.

Concerning the agreement, the changes are made as you suggested.

The escrow has a reputation, that's why we trust him not to take the btc and run. KnC has a reputation, that's why we trust them to deliver. You are completely new to the scene and we have no basis to trust you.

I trust DannyHamilton. I trust KnC. I just don't know you....

Why can't you simply request that KnC to transfer ownership of the order to the winner of the raffle and include that in the terms. KnC has transferred ownership of orders (not the whole account) before, I don't see why they wouldn't do it in this case.

If you were to change the terms of the raffle to make this clear, I'm sure it would give people more confidence to buy tickets and probably alleviate danny's concerns as well.

I certainly don't have the confidence to participate in a raffle run by someone I don't know when you could simply change the address back and run away with the order.

If you do make this change or some other change to address this issue, I would be very eager to participate in this raffle. If it's not a scam, I don't see why you wouldn't take a few simple steps to assure everyone of that.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I surely have an itchy finger now..
I can't believe that my first post on this forum was about chances and probabilities and here I am considering this "raffle" thing..

Well i guess i might buy one if i see a little more interest on that thing..
I bet he is your shill account :p

My shill accounts are not in the game yet  Wink So You place a bet and you take it back? Smiley
6485 blocks left!

Get your ticket now and get a chance to raffle off a first batch KNC Titan Miner!

10bucks says ALXBOB is the only player Grin

I bet 0.05 btc he is not! Smiley

Cheesy betting on betting !
6485 blocks left!

10bucks says ALXBOB is the only player Grin

I bet 0.05 btc he is not! Smiley
6485 blocks left!

38329e505a375d9ec3d65d791a23cac3354aea4cac0cbd399e7ae1eb4a1f97a4 lets gamble

First ticket Smiley nice ! You can check at http://luckysatoshi.org/ show/hide button ! Good luck!

Tnx Smiley
Payout address if there are less than 400 entries and I win: 17cP3K4kV8MZgbaUH8LXgtAH6nUg8bGwup
38329e505a375d9ec3d65d791a23cac3354aea4cac0cbd399e7ae1eb4a1f97a4 lets gamble

First ticket Smiley nice ! You can check at http://luckysatoshi.org/ show/hide button ! Good luck!
Pages:
Jump to: