Pages:
Author

Topic: Radical Feminism (continued from Capitalism) - page 4. (Read 5909 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
The following is my theory of gender:
One's gender is neither static nor binary, but a shifting polygon in a matrix, identified by thousands of global subcultures, ie, butch, genderqueer, genderfluid, ciswoman, transwoman, ect.

Matrix- XYZ+ Time
X- Active - Passive
Y- Gendered - Neuter
Z- Androgyne - Hermaphrodite

X is a measure of dominance, a patriarchically male trait.
Y is a measure of visibility of cues.
Z measures the mixture of those cues.

Why polygons and not points or clouds? Edit: or polyhedrons, the 3D version of poloygons?

I assume points are out since the matix is a simplification representing many variables.

I reviewed "Gender Gummy" diagrams prior to making this: they exclude the gender- neuter axis, but include a self-expression axis.. Edit: Gender Gummies don't include any of those axis. Your matrix does not mention male vs female at all; unless you are claiming that maleness can be fully explained in terms of dominance.

While I have no good reason to doubt some people have fluid gender identities, I suspect the majority of people have stable gender identies that don't change much over their lifetimes. This would be especially true for people undergoing gender reassignment surgery: "choosing" the wrong gender can be fatal in that case.

I'm personally influenced by Judith Butler and the SCUM Manifesto and disgusted by the "Men's rights", (or whatever you call it) meme going around these days.

In this thread, I hope to open up a dialogue in the presumably cismale-populated Bitcoin community about issues of rape, sexism, and patriarchy in an anarchist world.

I don't think anybody should take the SCUM Manifesto literally. In her biography linked from the version you linked in the other thead:
Quote from: Valerie Solanas
It's hypothetical. No, hypothetical is the wrong word. It's just a literary device. There's no organization called SCUM.

While a fun read, it appears to be deliberatly self-contradictory in places. The overall premise seems to be:
  • Men seem to be in charge of society.
  • Society does not cater to women's emotional needs.
  • Therefore, men do not have emotional needs.

Society has grown too large for our brains to handle efficiently (that is like the one and only worthy Cracked article). It is silly to assume that a matriarchy would do any better by more than an order of magnitude. Perhaps there would be fewer wars (which would be great), but even women are not perfect.

The manifesto also calls for the elimination of money (I hate money) and an increase in the use of automation. It is posited that money was invented to discourage automation (by giving men (and women) something mind-numbingly boring to do). In fact, one of the more science-fictiony things that Bitcoin enables is truly autonomous agents. Put another way: you no longer have to present as (a non-terrorist) human in order to participate in the economy.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Matrilinial culture is a culture that does not rely on state issued receipts called birth certificates that determine one's surname.
We can see the nuclear family disintigrating, and we cheer.
Voluntary communities where Fathers do not own their children are in the near future.

...where fathers no longer own children (an inept claim), but the mothers own the fathers.

Sexism - both ends - sucks.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Just going to leave this here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCqzd-gYJXE

(BTW, the female voice singing this is done by a guy from Finland)
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Capitalism is the crisis.
Bump.
Any antifeminists out there want to bitch about how oppressed you are?
The job market is just more women friendly, it's easy for a female to find a job.

Let's talk about sex work, shall we?
There is nothing at all wrong with you or any individual being an exception to the rule. I would argue that a tendency to not be evil makes one less of a cisman- which is a good thing imo.

Words have meanings.  If 'cisman' is not the word you actually mean when you use it, it would save a lot of confusion and talking past each other if you would define your word.  Otherwise, your post states to people using accepted definitions that you think the world would be a better place with only females and transgendered people.

Those words as they apply to people don't have static meanings.
I think the world would be a better place with only .
This is my opinion.
"Transgendered" has a lot of political baggage. To effectively be transgendered, one identifies with a former state being formerly valid. A degree of genderfluidity is implied.
At the same time, somebody one might attempt to call transmen often reject the notion of being anything other than a human.
Even further, some folks reject the notion of identification with human species.
TECSHARE used the wrong term. This topic isn't "self moderated," it's "OP moderated." Self moderated would be posters moderating, editing, and deleting their own posts. The "Libertarian and Anarchist" thing to do. OP moderated is that other thing.
Or it could be that due to the sensitivity of the subject matter, I feel it's prudent to shield the thread from the prevalent rape culture.

Conversely, I would rather find out if someone is has a prevalent rape culture, and have people's thoughts on it be in public, just in case there are some creeps I'd rather not associate with.

I don't intend on deleting such a post without record and critique of why.

Edit: An example of the sort of garbage I'd delete:
I'm irreducibly cismen. I've always said if you're not sure of your gender, take a look. Beyond what you find, you're not going to fool anyone, and what good iwould it be to try? Better to live to the full potential of the role  you're best equipped for.
This point of view assumes everything and discovers nothing, painting black and white subjects that extend well beyond the visible electromagnetic spectrum.
Matrilinial culture is a culture that does not rely on state issued receipts called birth certificates that determine one's surname.

Huh? I thought in this country parents decided on a child's name and surname, and the state only recorded the parents' decision?

That's not untrue at all.
I'm refering to expansive patriarchical norms.
Saying "crime" within anarchist frameworks is a terrible habit.

If enough people in a community consider it a crime, it's a crime, regardless of whether there are governments or laws involved. Whether "crime" is the right word to use at that point is just a question of semantics. I don't like to use "immoral," because not everything considered "immoral" is unethical, and just saying "unethical" just doesn't have the same intensity of meaning. If you would prefer some other term for an act that a society, with or without government, considers extremely wrong and requiring restitution, let me know.
Deviation is what you mean.
Restorative justice should be presumed, imo.

Ethics carries more weight to me. Semantics can be revealing if treated properly.
legendary
TECSHARE used the wrong term. This topic isn't "self moderated," it's "OP moderated." Self moderated would be posters moderating, editing, and deleting their own posts. The "Libertarian and Anarchist" thing to do. OP moderated is that other thing.
Or it could be that due to the sensitivity of the subject matter, I feel it's prudent to shield the thread from the prevalent rape culture.

Conversely, I would rather find out if someone is has a prevalent rape culture, and have people's thoughts on it be in public, just in case there are some creeps I'd rather not associate with.
legendary

Huh? I thought in this country parents decided on a child's name and surname, and the state only recorded the parents' decision?
legendary

If enough people in a community consider it a crime, it's a crime, regardless of whether there are governments or laws involved. Whether "crime" is the right word to use at that point is just a question of semantics. I don't like to use "immoral," because not everything considered "immoral" is unethical, and just saying "unethical" just doesn't have the same intensity of meaning. If you would prefer some other term for an act that a society, with or without government, considers extremely wrong and requiring restitution, let me know.
A self moderated topic in politics and society. This thread is going places.

This.

Lol! I find this highly ironic. The forum is filled with Libertarians and Anarchists who want the whole world to be "self-moderated", yet the thought of a self-moderated Interwebs thread scares them. So they trust 'authority' more than they trust their peers, as long as the authority hasn't taxed/done anything bad to them yet? Out with the old, and in with the new!
How do you feel about agency and the relcaiming of queer?

This.

Lol! I find this highly ironic. The forum is filled with Libertarians and Anarchists who want the whole world to be "self-moderated", yet the thought of a self-moderated Interwebs thread scares them. So they trust 'authority' more than they trust their peers, as long as the authority hasn't taxed/done anything bad to them yet? Out with the old, and in with the new!

We can see the nuclear family disintigrating, and we cheer.
Voluntary communities where Fathers do not own their children are in the near future.

This.
Is this meant to imply that I should unmod myself?
Would that get y'all in the conversation?
No?
Ok. Have a nice day, and remember, if you're afraid you're gonna rape someone- blow your rape whistle.
Meh. To me it seems 'gender' is genetic programming, literally. People can fight it, deify or idolize it, rely on it, belittle it, ignore it, accept it, and maybe even transcend it.
BF Skinner's behaviorism can be helpful here.
Sex is biological- for the most part, which is mainly determined by genetics.
How we rely, ignore, et al. treat it, is what properly determines our gender.
In this thread, I hope to open up a dialogue in the presumably cismale-populated Bitcoin community about issues of rape, sexism, and patriarchy in an anarchist world.

These are cultural issues, not political or economic ones. So there is no answer to the question of whether these crimes would be more or less prevalent in anarchy society v.s. statist society, dictatorship society v.s. democratic society, communist society v.s. capitalist society, etc.
The personal is the political. Seperation of these issues is deadly.
We are talking about an anarchist world here, and the differences in theory between our world- containing more rape, sexism, and patriarchy than one can even measure- and the worlds radical anarchafeminists and the like put forth.
legendary

This.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

This.
Pages:
Jump to: