Pages:
Author

Topic: RadixDLT (formerly eMunie) Discussion - page 6. (Read 23447 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 251
June 08, 2017, 10:17:34 AM
So ROI comes in the form of coins being deposited into your wallet and not in coin appreciation?
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
June 08, 2017, 09:11:24 AM
Don't wanna miss it. Still no date or even website link?

Feel free to join the club and ask any and all questions.

https://forum.radix.global/

As for the token sale date that is tentatively still planned for this month. 

The only hold on that event is that we are waiting for the patents to be finalized/published (the Joys of waiting for Lawyers). 
June 08, 2017, 09:10:09 AM
Seems like the ICO will be uncapped, similar to the Tezos ICO.

I think the fact that this is uncapped and the possibility for rapid expansion of the coin supply and the very poor tax treatment of this situation makes this much less attractive for Americans (who get taxed as income on these).

Tax treatment will be the same as miners that receive block rewards.  Tax treatment on Bitcoin (and all other fixed supply / variable price coins) are the cap gains rates, which for MOST users is also at their income level since very few hold it for long term periods (minimum 1-year).

The major difference is that pretty much ANYONE can get these rewards of new supply vs. only those with highly specialized equipment as it is with existing solutions. 

With the FABRIC active consensus model only the work that needs to be done is performed.  That work can be performed by any node that is available. 
Activity: 798
Merit: 262
June 08, 2017, 08:31:16 AM
Don't wanna miss it. Still no date or even website link?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
June 08, 2017, 08:07:51 AM
Is there an approx date of when the ICO will go ahead?
Activity: 608
Merit: 500
June 08, 2017, 05:35:48 AM
Seems like the ICO will be uncapped, similar to the Tezos ICO.

I think the fact that this is uncapped and the possibility for rapid expansion of the coin supply and the very poor tax treatment of this situation makes this much less attractive for Americans (who get taxed as income on these).
Activity: 756
June 08, 2017, 01:26:39 AM
Well, I've been waiting for years for Radix to come out and I trust Fuserleer to launch something special in the end.
Activity: 608
June 08, 2017, 12:27:25 AM
I'm not sure the expanding supply nature will be easy to deal with from an accounting/taxation perspective.  At least under current IRS rules, any expansion that results in you getting coins would be taxable as income at full income tax rates which would make this a gigantic headache for Americans.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
June 06, 2017, 10:06:23 PM
It will be interesting to see how much will be invested in the Radix ICO ... consider the following:
In 30 seconds BAT raised $30 million, and all they had prior to the ICO was a whitepaper and some high level concept meta coding nothing else.

Radix on the other hand will have a full working Decentralized Web Client Nodes that anyone can run, and yes I even ran on the testnet with a Windows tablet.  In fact a tablet is what Fuserleer uses to demo the working Direct Debit to standard Point of Sale (PoS) terminal.  There are videos of this on the @radixdlt twitter account and the radix forum.

The Open Beta will allow you to play with the Radix Client node software and the client has a built in browser and turing complete javascript compatible programming language. It allows various levels of encryption, so that merchants can use Radix tokens in their business and accounting functions, and still be able to report their taxes on business sales and profits correctly with full disclosure to the government as necessary.

So, still just wondering about how big a truly new and vastly improved, VISA level scalable end product that is almost ready for launch will raise... and we will soon see.

okie
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
June 06, 2017, 05:01:51 PM
Once the white paper gets released and an Ann I'm sure it will get the support
Activity: 715
June 06, 2017, 04:24:32 PM
With not even 3 pages of discussion, I think Radix has a long way to go for community support.

8 years of bitcoin and still less than 1% of the planet knows or cares about it (other than to think it's for use by terrorists and drug dealers). 

Great job on community support.

And yet it's ATH, good luck with Radix guys.  Roll Eyes
June 06, 2017, 01:54:44 PM
With not even 3 pages of discussion, I think Radix has a long way to go for community support.

8 years of bitcoin and still less than 1% of the planet knows or cares about it (other than to think it's for use by terrorists and drug dealers). 

Great job on community support.
June 06, 2017, 11:11:05 AM
Then that disconnect between sensible development and wanting it right now will bite those flighty ass holes hard in the end.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
June 06, 2017, 11:00:21 AM
Then that disconnect between sensible development and wanting it right now will bite those flighty ass holes hard in the end.
June 06, 2017, 10:58:12 AM
What I don't get is why Dan didn't just launch Emunie 4 years ago and then continue development and upgrades, like most crypto projects. People are weary because he's continually delayed launch of the project for new features and tech. Just launch the network already. People are always going to act in their best interest, it's money after all, greed rules.

maybe that's the whole problem of the entire crypto scene? it's filled with impatient brats who don't hang around for anything worth hanging around for.

anyone who decides to launch only when it's done to their satisfaction is a rare beast and deserves some respect.

for instance ethereum should still be on a testnet considering how many unknowns there still are but greed won out. 

I agree with most of your statements, but crypto is still a very young technology and things have been moving very quickly, so I think it creates short attention spans for immediate gratification.
June 06, 2017, 10:57:07 AM
I've been reading this forum for five years now and this post is the only one that's made me create an account.

I really don't understand how you could have left the Emunie/Radix forums in the last 4 years because what Dan has been creating is nothing short of genius. There's always something to be excited about.

And I understand that 4 years is a long time (I was deciding whether to invest in Emunie or Ethereum before it was released). But I'm glad he's taken the time to make sure its not another half assed shit coin. He didn't sell out and get as much money as he could because he isn't in it for the money. All of the real pioneers of tech have been the same, they don't care about money, they do it to change the world (but I'm sure the bonus of getting very rich doesn't hurt). And I know as investors we're all in this to make money, but by Dan taking his time and creating the best product on the market it guarantees that we make money whilst also having a front row seat to something that's going to change everything.

Every single coin on the market right now either doesn't fix any real world problems, or doesn't have the ability to scale. Radix is different, it solves real world problems and it will scale to levels other cryptos can't even dream of. And I know people won't believe anything until they've read a white paper and seen it with their own eyes, but that time is soon....

I was lucky enough to participate in the last beta a few weeks ago and it's really gonna blow everything else out of the water. I can't wait until you guys get to see it!

When a coin isn't live, it's not exciting, it needs to be traded publicly and find it's place in the market. It doesn't really matter what Radix can do, if it's not widely accepted, no one will care. Network Effect is a real thing. Again, Dan hasn't launched anything yet, so it's all talk at this point. I'm hoping for the best, I know Dan is a good developer and honest, but I'm in favor of just releasing what you've developed and upgrade as you go.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
June 05, 2017, 09:44:19 PM
What I don't get is why Dan didn't just launch Emunie 4 years ago and then continue development and upgrades, like most crypto projects. People are weary because he's continually delayed launch of the project for new features and tech. Just launch the network already. People are always going to act in their best interest, it's money after all, greed rules.

maybe that's the whole problem of the entire crypto scene? it's filled with impatient brats who don't hang around for anything worth hanging around for.

anyone who decides to launch only when it's done to their satisfaction is a rare beast and deserves some respect.

for instance ethereum should still be on a testnet considering how many unknowns there still are but greed won out. 
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 05, 2017, 08:23:54 PM
I've been reading this forum for five years now and this post is the only one that's made me create an account.

I really don't understand how you could have left the Emunie/Radix forums in the last 4 years because what Dan has been creating is nothing short of genius. There's always something to be excited about.

And I understand that 4 years is a long time (I was deciding whether to invest in Emunie or Ethereum before it was released). But I'm glad he's taken the time to make sure its not another half assed shit coin. He didn't sell out and get as much money as he could because he isn't in it for the money. All of the real pioneers of tech have been the same, they don't care about money, they do it to change the world (but I'm sure the bonus of getting very rich doesn't hurt). And I know as investors we're all in this to make money, but by Dan taking his time and creating the best product on the market it guarantees that we make money whilst also having a front row seat to something that's going to change everything.

Every single coin on the market right now either doesn't fix any real world problems, or doesn't have the ability to scale. Radix is different, it solves real world problems and it will scale to levels other cryptos can't even dream of. And I know people won't believe anything until they've read a white paper and seen it with their own eyes, but that time is soon....

I was lucky enough to participate in the last beta a few weeks ago and it's really gonna blow everything else out of the water. I can't wait until you guys get to see it!
June 05, 2017, 04:39:54 PM
It was never my intention to create another "has been" crypto, that is public record.

Therefore if my reputation has been tarnished by trying to do something different, solve real problems, and it being necessary to take 4 years to do so, then so be it.

I'd rather that than be associated with a pump and dumped shit coin that fills a few greedy pockets.

But you're not filling a few greedy pockets, you are bringing a coin to market that would benefit yourself and people who were staunch supporters/community members and devs, many of who have left because 4 years is a long time in crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
June 05, 2017, 04:14:26 PM
It was never my intention to create another "has been" crypto, that is public record.

Therefore if my reputation has been tarnished by trying to do something different, solve real problems, and it being necessary to take 4 years to do so, then so be it.

I'd rather that than be associated with a pump and dumped shit coin that fills a few greedy pockets.
Pages:
Jump to: