Pages:
Author

Topic: RadixDLT (formerly eMunie) Discussion - page 7. (Read 23447 times)

Activity: 715
Merit: 500
June 05, 2017, 03:42:45 PM
It gets rather frustrating constantly hearing "Why didn't Dan do this?!?"

Allow me to explain in simple terms why I didn't start with a block chain clone then upgrade it over the years.

Upgrading a block chain with the Radix tech we now have is equivalent to having a horse and attempting to install a Formula 1 engine...it would be a horrible, bloody, mess!

Yes, but honestly, Emunie could have been successful and you could have just transitioned everyone over to Radix when it was ready. I know you're tired of hearing it, but it's hurt your reputation to produce. I was on the Emunie forums years ago but left because there was nothing to be excited about.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
June 05, 2017, 03:20:57 PM
It gets rather frustrating constantly hearing "Why didn't Dan do this?!?"

Allow me to explain in simple terms why I didn't start with a block chain clone then upgrade it over the years.

Upgrading a block chain with the Radix tech we now have is equivalent to having a horse and attempting to install a Formula 1 engine...it would be a horrible, bloody, mess!
Activity: 715
June 05, 2017, 11:00:20 AM
Well, bitcoin took 5 years to develop BEFORE it went live so 3 years is really quite astounding for something truly "new and ground-breaking".

I guess since we live in a time of over 600 copy/pasta coins that essentially bring nothing 'new' to the table the patience among the naked-greed crowd is sorely lacking.

What I don't get is why Dan didn't just launch Emunie 4 years ago and then continue development and upgrades, like most crypto projects. People are weary because he's continually delayed launch of the project for new features and tech. Just launch the network already. People are always going to act in their best interest, it's money after all, greed rules.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
June 04, 2017, 09:22:17 PM
The Radix token supply increases when there is unmet demand for them indicated from the integrated Radix exchange (DEX). The new supply is distributed 50% to those nodes that are supporting the Radix network in various ways via the services they run in their individual node.  The other 50% is distributed to the wallet balance holders in the form a interest payments.  By the way the wallets do not have to be online to have the interest allocated to the wallet address.  The interest just resides in the network as an unclaimed transaction until the wallet is online to receive the interest payments.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
June 01, 2017, 01:13:39 PM
While the name is important, you'll never be able to please everyone all the time so in the end as long as the product works as advertised then the consumer will adapt and adopt.

e.g.
Amazon - 1994: The original name was supposed to be Cadabra, but Bezos thought it sounded like Cadaver.
customers: What does a rainforest have to do with books? Other than maybe killing the forest for the books?

Apple computers - Customers: Fruit company making computers?  WTF?

...etc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256
Looking forward to the tech, but once again this team settles on a terrible name!  Yeah it sounds like dish soap.  Fuserleer, you should hire a marketer to help you with branding, because where I am sitting it appears to be your greatest weakness.

The brand can carry you a long way, don't shoot yourself in the foot before you even start the race.

Soap powder, moth balls, rat poison

Ix
Activity: 218
Merit: 128
Surely if a coin is stable then as demand increases then more must be minted, made whatever. Seems against the whole point of crypto of hard capped limited supply like real money is susposedly to be.

you mean pyramid-scheme style crypto
Activity: 179
all the names are freaking terrible. he should spend a little on a marketing opinion. even a twitter poll would  be better.

how long has this been in the works for now? it must be at least 3 years.

Well, bitcoin took 5 years to develop BEFORE it went live so 3 years is really quite astounding for something truly "new and ground-breaking".

I guess since we live in a time of over 600 copy/pasta coins that essentially bring nothing 'new' to the table the patience among the naked-greed crowd is sorely lacking.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
all the names are freaking terrible. he should spend a little on a marketing opinion. even a twitter poll would  be better.

how long has this been in the works for now? it must be at least 3 years.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Right, the name is really terrible... Emunie was the better one (a little)
But i believe in fuserleer and his skills, RDX would be a big player in crpyto
Activity: 129
Looking forward to the tech, but once again this team settles on a terrible name!  Yeah it sounds like dish soap.  Fuserleer, you should hire a marketer to help you with branding, because where I am sitting it appears to be your greatest weakness.

The brand can carry you a long way, don't shoot yourself in the foot before you even start the race.
Activity: 155
Surely if a coin is stable then as demand increases then more must be minted, made whatever. Seems against the whole point of crypto of hard capped limited supply like real money is susposedly to be.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
It's better than eMunie  Smiley  Does Dan plan to hold an official Radix ICO? Man this shit has been a long time in the making.
I think there is an ICO coming but they seem to be talking a lot about how you can just buy it on the main net anyways since their supply and demand system will sell you tokens at a reasonable price if there's demand.  Which is nice I guess except it will limit the possibilities for appreciation if they're really aggressive about it.  I remember years ago they were going to limit how much the algorithm could adjust supply but not sure how it's going to be now.

Yes June 2017 is the target month for the ICO, an [ANN] post will be made by Fuserleer.

The appreciation will be limited by the elastic demand/supply, thus the price stability is a main feature.  No pumps/dumps of the Radix token within the client nodes will occur, as one of the features of the Radix network is price stability.  Fuserleer ran his economic model against the entire bitcoin blockchain transactions up to Jan. 15, 2015, with a price pegged at $0.10 and as I remember, the highest fluctuation was about ~+/- 6%.  This was posted by Fuserleer in one of the eMunie threads here of this forum.  

Bottom line is it is possible to have a stable cryptocurrency using the Radix model, and with the direct Debit card, point of sale functionality these imho are the two features that will drive Mass market adoption by the general public.

okie

I don't know how this price stability feature works, but my first thoughts are the exact opposite of yours. I think this is a fatal design error. Having a price stability feature, i suppose, makes the radixtokens stable against a fiat currency like the euro.

So in this way radixtokens mimick the price volatility of a fiat currency. Which is in my opinion contrary to the spirit of cryptocurrencies.

Radixtokens will not be used as a unit of account. So it is missing one of the main features a 'money'  needs.

So instead a cup of coffee stays 2 radixtokens a cup of coffee will become 3 radixtokens, because the inflation in the fiat currency is mimicked.

So importing the decreasing purchasing power of fiat currencies into radixtokens is in my opinion a huge mistake.

I am curious what others think.

Cheers.

That's not how it works.

Without getting into a long post a 2AM, the tokens are not stable against fiat, or pegged or anything like that.  Radix tokens are stable relative to themselves, NOT foreign currency value.

In your example where a coffee costs 2 tokens, lets also assume that $1 USD = 1 RAD.  Now if the value of the USD crashed (printed too much), then you'd get more USD for your tokens, but the price of coffee in tokens would still be 2.

The price of the coffee is always 2 in Radix tokens, regardless of what USD, GBD, EUR or any other fake currency is doing.

Interestingly pump and dumps work in the opposite direction.  If you want to "pump" the price of Radix tokens against USD, you have to crash the USD.  If you want to "dump" the price of Radix tokens against the USD, you have to pump the USD.

The Radix price in GBP though would stay the same of course, unless you pumped/dumped GBP too.

I am not sure i understand.
if more US Dollars are printed 1 RAD becomes more worth in US dollar terms. So if the initial exchange is 1 USD = 1 RAD it could become 1,25 USD = 1 RAD.

But if someone pumps RAD it does not become more worth in US dollars. So 1 USD stays 1 RAD.

So how does the system recognize if it is a pump of RAD or a crash of the USD? This sounds really revolutionary!!

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
It's better than eMunie  Smiley  Does Dan plan to hold an official Radix ICO? Man this shit has been a long time in the making.
I think there is an ICO coming but they seem to be talking a lot about how you can just buy it on the main net anyways since their supply and demand system will sell you tokens at a reasonable price if there's demand.  Which is nice I guess except it will limit the possibilities for appreciation if they're really aggressive about it.  I remember years ago they were going to limit how much the algorithm could adjust supply but not sure how it's going to be now.

Yes June 2017 is the target month for the ICO, an [ANN] post will be made by Fuserleer.

The appreciation will be limited by the elastic demand/supply, thus the price stability is a main feature.  No pumps/dumps of the Radix token within the client nodes will occur, as one of the features of the Radix network is price stability.  Fuserleer ran his economic model against the entire bitcoin blockchain transactions up to Jan. 15, 2015, with a price pegged at $0.10 and as I remember, the highest fluctuation was about ~+/- 6%.  This was posted by Fuserleer in one of the eMunie threads here of this forum.  

Bottom line is it is possible to have a stable cryptocurrency using the Radix model, and with the direct Debit card, point of sale functionality these imho are the two features that will drive Mass market adoption by the general public.

okie

I don't know how this price stability feature works, but my first thoughts are the exact opposite of yours. I think this is a fatal design error. Having a price stability feature, i suppose, makes the radixtokens stable against a fiat currency like the euro.

So in this way radixtokens mimick the price volatility of a fiat currency. Which is in my opinion contrary to the spirit of cryptocurrencies.

Radixtokens will not be used as a unit of account. So it is missing one of the main features a 'money'  needs.

So instead a cup of coffee stays 2 radixtokens a cup of coffee will become 3 radixtokens, because the inflation in the fiat currency is mimicked.

So importing the decreasing purchasing power of fiat currencies into radixtokens is in my opinion a huge mistake.

Cheers.

That's not how it works.

Without getting into a long post a 2AM, the tokens are not stable against fiat, or pegged or anything like that.  Radix tokens are stable relative to themselves, NOT foreign currency value.

In your example where a coffee costs 2 tokens, lets also assume that $1 USD = 1 RAD.  Now if the value of the USD crashed (printed too much), then you'd get more USD for your tokens, but the price of coffee in tokens would still be 2.

The price of the coffee is always 2 in Radix tokens, regardless of what USD, GBD, EUR or any other fake currency is doing.

Interestingly pump and dumps work in the opposite direction.  If you want to "pump" the price of Radix tokens against USD, you have to crash the USD.  If you want to "dump" the price of Radix tokens against the USD, you have to pump the USD.

The Radix price in GBP though would stay the same of course, unless you pumped/dumped GBP too.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
I think there is an ICO coming but they seem to be talking a lot about how you can just buy it on the main net anyways since their supply and demand system will sell you tokens at a reasonable price if there's demand.  Which is nice I guess except it will limit the possibilities for appreciation if they're really aggressive about it.  I remember years ago they were going to limit how much the algorithm could adjust supply but not sure how it's going to be now.

The appreciation will be limited by the elastic demand/supply, thus the price stability is a main feature.  No pumps/dumps of the Radix token within the client nodes will occur, as one of the features of the Radix network is price stability.  Fuserleer ran his economic model against the entire bitcoin blockchain transactions up to Jan. 15, 2015, with a price pegged at $0.10 and as I remember, the highest fluctuation was about ~+/- 6%.  This was posted by Fuserleer in one of the eMunie threads here of this forum. 

okie

Radixtokens will not be used as a unit of account. So it is missing one of the main features a 'money'  needs.

Cheers.

Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Been waiting to see what happens with RadixDLT as it's "new design" could be interesting.  I had read a discussion between Fuserleer and someone else about a potential design flaw (attack vector) but they never resolved their discussion. I hope they've actually addressed it so I'm looking forward to reading the white paper and seeing some solid peer reviews done on it.

Keep cool, i have a very big trust in fuserleer and his skills... I would be worried much more at the many other ICO's..  Lips sealed
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I think there is an ICO coming but they seem to be talking a lot about how you can just buy it on the main net anyways since their supply and demand system will sell you tokens at a reasonable price if there's demand.  Which is nice I guess except it will limit the possibilities for appreciation if they're really aggressive about it.  I remember years ago they were going to limit how much the algorithm could adjust supply but not sure how it's going to be now.

The appreciation will be limited by the elastic demand/supply, thus the price stability is a main feature.  No pumps/dumps of the Radix token within the client nodes will occur, as one of the features of the Radix network is price stability.  Fuserleer ran his economic model against the entire bitcoin blockchain transactions up to Jan. 15, 2015, with a price pegged at $0.10 and as I remember, the highest fluctuation was about ~+/- 6%.  This was posted by Fuserleer in one of the eMunie threads here of this forum. 

okie
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Spoetnik you social delinquent, fuck off from anything emunie/radix related.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Yeah the dev guy seems like a nice guy.. not sure on his project details though.
The old name made me think of eMule and this new one makes me think of some kind of cutting edge tech with a Radish.

..just wanted to point that out.
 Grin

PS:

Don't be ICO'ing around Fussy !!  Angry
Activity: 608
Pages:
Jump to: