Pages:
Author

Topic: RAM-Reduction & Backup Center Testing (version 0.89.99.16) - page 15. (Read 41280 times)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250
that command returns:

Code:
python /usr/share/armory/ArmoryQt.py %s

here is a pastebin of my --debug log (once it made it past splash screen and I set up a wallet, but it could not leave offline mode and twice it did not make it past splash screen)

python /usr/share/armory/ArmoryQt.py %s

Edit: Damnit, that is of course not a pastebin link, this is what happens when VM and native OS use different copy/paste shortcuts and you use both OSs at the same time early in the morning without checking your work quickly.
Will be able to provide tonight when I am home from work
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
OK so I am having some difficulty again getting the latest testing branch (0.89.99.6 I believe) to run on Ubuntu 13.10 VM...

I can't actually get past the splash "Armory" splash screen, and I don't think I am throwing any errors, so a bit stuck here... http://imgur.com/CAQNyaD

Here is my logfile http://pastebin.com/hPVigcDn which I don't see anything wrong with. If anyone could offer me some info on how to troubleshoot this I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Oh, I didn't even look at the log file before responding.  It looks like maybe there's some kind of interactive message that is blocking on the gconftool command (which is used for setting up Armory as your default URI handler).  I wonder if that's it.

Can you open a terminal and run the following command and tell me what it spits out?

Code:
gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/bitcoin/command
legendary
Core Armory Developer
OK so I am having some difficulty again getting the latest testing branch (0.89.99.6 I believe) to run on Ubuntu 13.10 VM...

I can't actually get past the splash "Armory" splash screen, and I don't think I am throwing any errors, so a bit stuck here... http://imgur.com/CAQNyaD

Here is my logfile http://pastebin.com/hPVigcDn which I don't see anything wrong with. If anyone could offer me some info on how to troubleshoot this I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Run it with --debug to get more output
Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
is 0.89.99.5 still the latest Windows version?

i need to try and reinstall since it now refuses to open after about 1 mo of successful usage  Sad
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Quick update on my attempts:  Got the latest testing branch 0.89.99.6, and also boosted the ulimit on files to 4096 (from 1024).  This time I got much further in the database rebuild (to the 48th block file), but it eventually fell over with a "Bus Error" (OS error, not a Python Exception).  Trying to restart now without the --rebuild option and it seems to have continued from where it left off, so hopefully after a couple of attempts I'll get fully synced!

@etotheipi: Let me know if you want me to e-mail you any cores or logs?

Thanks.
legendary
Core Armory Developer
Okay, I just ran into a problem on windows that wheeler originally observed.   Luckily, this one is isolated, so I should be able to catch it easily.  It causes the "cannot get tx copy" message.  I thought it was a DB-corruption issue, but instead it looks like it has to do with orphan blocks in the block files under certain conditions. 

For me, it keeps triggering at the same block, so I should have no problem isolating it.

One day, this stuff will work...
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets

Thanks, will give this a try tonight.  FWIW, the last run (not your latest code) failed due to exhausting file handles.  lsof lists lots of ~/.armory/databases/leveldb_blkdata/*.sst files open.

If the problem isn't the code, you can always increase the max # of files open, that's a pretty common problem.
pvz
Activity: 53
A first quick test seems to work. Because it is not my computer I can't do more tests... to bad...
@pvz and @wheeler:

I just ran into the segfault issue when using --rebuild.  It turns out that i screwed up some pointer cleanup, and that was causing the segfaults.  Luckily, the last update was so tiny that it was obvious what did it!  I just fixed it and committed it.  Please do a "git pull origin testing" and then try the --rebuild again.

It might also have been responsible for the other issues you observed, though I won't be sure until you try it. 

Thanks, will give this a try tonight.  FWIW, the last run (not your latest code) failed due to exhausting file handles.  lsof lists lots of ~/.armory/databases/leveldb_blkdata/*.sst files open.

legendary
Core Armory Developer
@pvz and @wheeler:

I just ran into the segfault issue when using --rebuild.  It turns out that i screwed up some pointer cleanup, and that was causing the segfaults.  Luckily, the last update was so tiny that it was obvious what did it!  I just fixed it and committed it.  Please do a "git pull origin testing" and then try the --rebuild again.

It might also have been responsible for the other issues you observed, though I won't be sure until you try it. 
legendary
Core Armory Developer
Are you running a 32-bit OS?

Yes:
Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) 32-bit
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ × 2
2GB RAM

Will look further tomorrow (on London time here  Wink )

Thanks for your help so far!
pvz
--rebuild does not work.
Deleted .armory directory, started armory again (latest testing branch from a few minutes ago) with this result:

laptop:~/Downloads/armory/BitcoinArmory$ python ArmoryQt.py
********************************************************************************
Loading Armory Engine:
   Armory Version:       0.89.99.6
   PyBtcWallet  Version: 1.35
Detected Operating system: Linux
   OS Variant            : ('Ubuntu', '13.04', 'raring')
   User home-directory   : /home/xxx
   Satoshi BTC directory : /home/xxx/.bitcoin/
   Armory home dir       : /home/xxx/.armory/
   LevelDB directory     : /home/xxx/.armory/databases
   Armory settings file  : /home/xxx/.armory/ArmorySettings.txt
   Armory log file       : /home/xxx/.armory/armorylog.txt
Log file doesn't exist [yet]
(WARNING) armoryengine.py:11197 - Overriding not-available message. This should happen 0-5 times
-INFO  - 1382477339: (BlockUtils.cpp:1582) Set home directory:
-INFO  - 1382477339: (BlockUtils.cpp:1604) Set blkfile dir: /home/xxx/.bitcoin/blocks
-INFO  - 1382477339: (BlockUtils.cpp:1614) Set leveldb dir: /home/xxx/.armory/databases
-INFO  - 1382477339: (BlockUtils.cpp:1570) SetBtcNetworkParams
-INFO  - 1382477339: (BlockUtils.cpp:3542) Executing: doInitialSyncOnLoad
-INFO  - 1382477339: (BlockUtils.cpp:3582) Number of registered addr: 0
-INFO  - 1382477340: (BlockUtils.cpp:1709) Current Top block in HEADERS DB:  0
-INFO  - 1382477340: (BlockUtils.cpp:1710) Current Top block in BLKDATA DB:  0
-INFO  - 1382477340: (BlockUtils.cpp:1711) Current Applied blocks up to hgt: 0
-INFO  - 1382477340: (BlockUtils.cpp:3606) Clearing databases for clean build
-WARN  - 1382477340: (BlockUtils.cpp:3507) Destroying databases;  will need to be rebuilt
pthread lock: Ongeldig argument
Afgebroken (geheugendump gemaakt)
Question: how can I make a fresh Armory restart?
legendary
Core Armory Developer

Just to update on progress from that thread...

The --rebuild progressed for me until the 18th block file, then raised the same socket error just reported.  Armory GUI was still responsive, but stopped processing further blocks.

Not had chance to look in detail at the satoshiIsAvailable() method, but perhaps socket creation should be within the try block?  Might hack that myself and give it a go.

Are you running a 32-bit OS?  I just committed the first version that should build on 32-bit *nix, but haven't had much chance to test online mode (only tested offline mode).  pvz appears to be in 32-bit as well, and I wonder if that's related...

Just to update on progress from that thread...

The --rebuild progressed for me until the 18th block file, then raised the same socket error just reported.  Armory GUI was still responsive, but stopped processing further blocks.

Not had chance to look in detail at the satoshiIsAvailable() method, but perhaps socket creation should be within the try block?  Might hack that myself and give it a go.

legendary
Core Armory Developer
Can you please try --rebuild. 
I'll do that. Should it be default for the first time or a database check before start?

It is.  The default behavior is to rebuild if the DB doesn't exist.  Just like I mentioned in that other thread, it looks like you might've interrupted the DB build process in the middle and then it restarted (hence only 77k blocks processed, not 260k).  It's worked on my system before but it may not be reliable yet (to interrupt and then restart the build).

pvz
Can you please try --rebuild.  
I'll do that. Should it be default for the first time or a database check before start?
legendary
Core Armory Developer
This looks eerily similar to teh guy that just posted here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/retrieve-private-keys-for-online-generated-address-316312

I wonder if the recent update did something... because so far I haven't ever seen that error until I committed the tiny update a couple hours ago... at least it should be easy to track down what happened...

Can you please try --rebuild.  It will take a while to rebuild the database, but it sounds like your DB is corrupted.  There's some transactions in the DB that were only partially written.  That's bad.

pvz
On my Ubuntu 13.04 i368 running Armory for the first time this error hits every 10 - 15 blocks:

-INFO  - 1382470521: (BlockUtils.cpp:3693) Parsing blockchain file: /home/xxx/.bitcoin/blocks/blk00033.dat
-INFO  - 1382470522: (BlockUtils.cpp:3787) /home/xxx/.bitcoin/blocks/blk00033.dat is 134,217,728 bytes
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 4981, in
    os._exit(QAPP.exec_())
  File "/home/xxx/Downloads/armory/BitcoinArmory/qt4reactor.py", line 231, in _iterate
    self.runUntilCurrent()
--- ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 805, in runUntilCurrent
    call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 4482, in Heartbeat
    sdmState = TheSDM.getSDMState()
  File "/home/xxx/Downloads/armory/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine.py", line 11181, in getSDMState
    state = self.getSDMStateLogic()
  File "/home/xxx/Downloads/armory/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine.py", line 11234, in getSDMStateLogic
    elif not self.bitcoindIsResponsive():
  File "/home/xxx/Downloads/armory/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine.py", line 11169, in bitcoindIsResponsive
    return satoshiIsAvailable(self.bitconf['host'], self.bitconf['rpcport'])
  File "/home/xxx/Downloads/armory/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine.py", line 10703, in satoshiIsAvailable
    s = socket.socket()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 187, in __init__
    _sock = _realsocket(family, type, proto)
socket.error: [Errno 24] Te veel open bestanden (translation: to many open files)
-INFO  - 1382470673: (BlockUtils.cpp:3693) Parsing blockchain file: /home/xxx/.bitcoin/blocks/blk00034.dat
-INFO  - 1382470673: (BlockUtils.cpp:3787) /home/xxx/.bitcoin/blocks/blk00034.dat is 134,217,728 bytes
Armory continues to run without any dump or GUI error (in the case above until block 83 because of error below) and after restart started from block 33.

The second error:
-INFO  - 1382468790: (BlockUtils.cpp:3693) Parsing blockchain file: /home/xxx/.bitcoin/blocks/blk00087.dat
-INFO  - 1382468790: (BlockUtils.cpp:3787) /home/xxx/.bitcoin/blocks/blk00087.dat is 134,089,409 bytes
-INFO  - 1382468834: (BlockUtils.cpp:3693) Parsing blockchain file: /home/xxx/.bitcoin/blocks/blk00088.dat
-INFO  - 1382468834: (BlockUtils.cpp:3787) /home/xxx/.bitcoin/blocks/blk00088.dat is 33,554,432 bytes
-INFO  - 1382468842: (BlockUtils.cpp:3707) Processed 77978 raw blocks DB (3180 seconds)
-INFO  - 1382468844: (BlockUtils.cpp:3736) Starting scan from block height: 0
-ERROR - 1382468844: (StoredBlockObj.cpp:1063) Cannot get tx copy, because don't have full StoredTx!
-ERROR - 1382468844: (BlockUtils.cpp:757) Passed uninitialized STX to regAddrScan
-ERROR - 1382468846: (StoredBlockObj.cpp:1063) Cannot get tx copy, because don't have full StoredTx!
-ERROR - 1382468846: (StoredBlockObj.cpp:1063) Cannot get tx copy, because don't have full StoredTx!
Segmentatiefout (geheugendump gemaakt [translation: memmorydump created] )
Please let me know if I can do some more tests.
Armory keep up the good work!
Pages:
Jump to: