Pages:
Author

Topic: Raoul Pal - Bitcoins to hit one million dollars and warns about US depression - page 2. (Read 287 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
^ His prediction might be correct that after five years bitcoin might hit one million dollars because most investors nowadays considered bitcoin and cryptocurrency as a safe haven but not all. Comparing the Bitcoin market to gold market somehow for me is not accurate because these two markets have different value as an asset. The value of gold depends on the supply and demand including stocks exchange, while bitcoins rely only on supply and demand for it is decentralized. Nevertheless, prediction is different from forecasting that means Pal's statement may come true or may not because there is no assurance when we say prediction.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

He stated the advantage of BTC related to this pandemic. I don't see any reason to disagree after all I want BTC to be $1M but in 5 years?

If this is the case, this 2020 the price of BTC should bee about $100k just assuming it will spike up to double each year.  Too much in 5 years, 20 years probably but John McAfee' = Raoul Pal. I still wanted to see dick eating  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
I believe his prediction more than I believe John McAfee's $1,000,000 per Bitcoin prediction, even though Raoul Pal didn't propose cutting off, and eating his own penis. Haha.

He gave his prediction few years latter and deadline is 5 year latter. While MacAfee prediction looked for most time totally  impossible. This prediction have at least a bit of chance to happen. But I give it still way less then 50%. I am sure when we will be at top of next bull run a million USD Bitcoin before 2026 will look very possible. But that will be just then.
legendary
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
If things were as simple as described by Raoul Pal, then I would also be able to accept that huge capital will move to BTC in the next 3-5 years, but expect $10 trillion into a market that is still pretty unregulated, extremely volatile and let's be honest still with very bad reputation (Bitcoin as currency for money laundering, drug sales, terrorist financing+environmental devastation via mining).

His main point is that the current meltdown may mark a sea change in how Bitcoin is perceived. If things had carried on as before it's expected that people would've continued to treat it as a speculative toy.

He's highlighting that it's a complete alternative system with none of the weaknesses, lies and holes that the current one has, though obviously it has its own issues too. We know this. Not many others can be arsed right now to make that leap.

If enough people switch their perception from occasional dollar generator to that then those telephone numbers stop seeming so outlandish. It will never gain major traction without that attitude change and for better or worse the present might be the trigger for it.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I do not mind that someone has expressed his opinions, he could also write that BTC will be worth $10 million in 10 years, but that doesn't mean something like that can really happen. I think we should first of all be interested in when BTC will become (if at all possible) a less volatile asset that people will trust more than this is the case today.

If things were as simple as described by Raoul Pal, then I would also be able to accept that huge capital will move to BTC in the next 3-5 years, but expect $10 trillion into a market that is still pretty unregulated, extremely volatile and let's be honest still with very bad reputation (Bitcoin as currency for money laundering, drug sales, terrorist financing+environmental devastation via mining).

When BTC becomes at least $1 trillion market, then it would be appropriate to talk about what awaits us in the future. All these so-called experts skip some lower levels only for the purpose of manipulating with big numbers.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 366
That's obviously an exaggerated prediction even if backed up with supporting scenarios in the current events unfolding before our very eyes.

Even if the US or the world would face another depression, or even a worse one this time, I don't think Bitcoin would rise up that high in the next five years, not even in the next decade.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
There is only one reason I can think of why a lot of these financial investors are surfacing now is they've just acquired Bitcoin and is hoping to hype things up with their bold predictions. This Raoul Pal guy hasn't been linked with Bitcoin from what I believe and only this moment is he showed up which means that Pal might just be a late adopter and maybe is holding Bitcoin at a lost that's why his sentiments are positive about it. I won't be surprised if he late on admits that he is holding both Bitcoin and Gold where he is both positive about these assets, these people will always have a hidden agenda behind them.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
I believe his prediction more than I believe John McAfee's $1,000,000 per Bitcoin prediction, even though Raoul Pal didn't propose cutting off, and eating his own penis. Haha.

Buy the dip, and? Cool

At least he didnt make any deals or attached up BS things about his prediction which is acceptable.We can predict or speculate as much as we want
neither you are a popular person or not.It might differ on how things being hyped up or getting much attention.

Usually when predictions go beyond previous ATH then thats the time i do ignore.Lets just wait on how the market moves but well anything
do have its possibility.
legendary
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
It's part of a 120 page report he made available for everyone. It's worth a read and applying the context.

It's not about it being just another asset any more, it's about it being a whole separate system that's immune to the pox that's ever weakening the existing one. If enough people take that point of view then it becomes a more feasible prediction.

The current shitshow is a major push towards that realisation.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

Buy the dip, and? Cool
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
Raoul Pal who’s a global macro investor has made a prediction for bitcoin prices that they’ll hit the one million mark in the next five years. Further he’s even compared bitcoin market with gold market to drive his point across, but in my personal opinion both are different assets and hence I don’t think his prediction is correct as he’s based it on a wrong analysis. Also he claims that US markets  is in depression mode, and soon the global markets will also fall in depression which maybe accurate to a certain extent. What do you’ll make of his predictions is he right to use the gold market to make a prediction for bitcoin?, and is the US market already in depression mode?.

Sources:

https://u.today/raoul-pal-predicts-when-bitcoin-btc-price-could-reach-1-mln

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/investors-think-the-coronavirus-has-put-the-us-economy-into-another-great-depression-strategist-172759535.html
Pages:
Jump to: