Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence - page 41. (Read 146792 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Hum, could it be that his only "crime" was defying the state monopoly on lotteries? (what is not a real crime at all)
If the letters sent didn't lie about how the prizes would be (amounts and everything), then there's no fraud actually.

EDIT: According to this, he was indeed a fraudster:
According to the indictment the victims were purchasing “positions” in tickets for lotteries that would be grouped together or “pooled” to buy larger blocks of tickets thereby increasing their chances of winning. Funds received from victims were not used to purchase tickets, but to pay “winnings” to other victims, to fund the scheme and to benefit the defendants.
END EDIT.

But anyways, even if there's no real crime, one may still question this guy's moral character. If he's not a fraudster, I'd still compare him with those religious leaders who collect tons of money "for God" to finance their yatchs and palaces. It's not a fraud - as you cannot prove that was not "God's will", but it's disgusting nevertheless.

I'm glad I didn't pre-order anything from BFL.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
When is the next delivery date for their ASCI miner?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
The drama continues...

anyone from BFL dare to confirm or deny?
Activity: 454
Merit: 252
Bitcoin Community. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
i love the bitcoin community.
Activity: 490
Here we go again. Even though I enjoy their story. Long and profitable lol
Activity: 686
Wat
This is amazing, how do you expect to raise investor capital when your director is a white collar felon?

Obvious difference from his previous case:
1) BFL is incorporated in the US (the scam was all international, central america, and accounts in Europe)
2) BFL accepted paypal/credit cards (the fraud was cash/check only)
3) the total dollar amount is <$20 million so far (ASICS are probably on the order of $3m at most)
4) The previous scam lasted a decade, this is only a few months.
5) if BFL is a scam, the "set-up" took a lot of work: starting a legitimate profitable business first then a fake product. The previous set-up was just "Give us money"

but still, wow

GPUMax...
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
The title says Re:, was this split from another thread?

And didn't BFL encourage USD pre-orders instead of BTC, saying they would be easier to refund if the product didn't ship or something? I don't keep up with this stuff.

Sorry to hear this though, can't wait to see the response from BFL. Why would they put in a convicted felon as their CEO?
Activity: 454
Merit: 252
This is amazing, how do you expect to raise investor capital when your director is a white collar felon?

Obvious difference from his previous case:
1) BFL is incorporated in the US (the scam was all international, central america, and accounts in Europe)
2) BFL accepted paypal/credit cards (the fraud was cash/check only)
3) the total dollar amount is <$20 million so far (ASICS are probably on the order of $3m at most)
4) The previous scam lasted a decade, this is only a few months.
5) if BFL is a scam, the "set-up" took a lot of work: starting a legitimate profitable business first then a fake product. The previous set-up was just "Give us money"

but still, wow
legendary
Activity: 1428
the CEO of bfl has prooved he delivers (see their fpgas).
Are you seriously comparing the difficulty of delivering a fpga to the one of delivering an asic???
For the FPGA you just need to make a bitstream.
For the ASIC...you need to design the chip from scratch, you need to invest millions to make the masks and actually start producing it. Good luck.

no i dont compare the difficulty of producing asics to fpgas.
but if he wanted to run i suspect he had did it with their fpga preorders.

The long con is more profitable.

sure; but i still believe them.

i'll just leave this here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1176847
Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
+1 to what bitcoin.me said

With this ASIC thing they received preorders for millions
Wat
Are you seriously comparing the difficulty of delivering a fpga to the one of delivering an asic???
For the ASIC...you need to design the chip from scratch, you need to invest millions to make the masks and actually start producing it. Good luck.

The long con is more profitable.
legendary

Wat
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Activity: 815
I'm calling it: Next pirate.

FPGAs != ASICS
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
What's next, the entire bitcoin dev team are sino-russian-cia-nazi-alien-mobsters? JHC! There is no end to the scandals!
legendary
i dont care about his history. everybody has a chance to change himself.

i am still looking forward to my - really early ordered - bfl asic Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Pages:
Jump to: