Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(Town) - page 16. (Read 7201 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Hello, GM speaking. As per request, I outline the following:

1) Everybody and every character regardless of type (House, FOC, Corporation) is eligible. Only Institutions (Senate, Town, Church, Office, pools, University, lotraffle, etc) are not.

2) The char_id for the scaling coefficient (sqrt(char_id)) is determined as being the (first) char_id of the House of the controlling player, in case of non-public companies. If the company is public, it is the company's (oldest) char_id. GM has previously ruled Bank to be public and Freemasonry to be non-public in this regard. GM, or hopefully soon a judge appointed by the Senate, will rule it. For the purposes of the competition, the organiser may also do it.

3) Therefore, the following examples show a few of the "scaling char_id"

- Crown: 1 (despite changing of the guardian to #130)
- Zechariah: 1 (original House was 1)
- Coinshop: 1 (originally was Royal House business (Crown=1))
- DeptStore: 1 (as being a 100% owned business of a character already judged to be 1)

- TownHall: 43 (as being a public company, it is not reverted to its owners that of course are all more ancient)
- NewCorp: 60 (a bought ancient char_id hurts you now!)

- iluvbtcfoc: 34 (as ilovebitcoins)
- GoD: 2 (as HG the Bishop)
- nikke2: 50 (as nikke1)

I think you get the point. This list is not exhaustive.

Note that because of these, nearly all of the top 3 places everywhere were vacated!
donator
My house makes 0m now Sad

I edited it and saw and "yards" I made it say 500 and saved it to see what it would do. Now it says my house makes 0m Sad I only changed it to see what it would do. Otherwise how much I know ? There no explanations or guidess I was trying to figure things out on my own. I dont Eben know what I've done yards ? Yards for what ? I think ot was 100 yards whatever yards is. I can't change it back it says I need builders credits to build a new building. What is going on ? If I habe no builder credits then why did it let me change it in the first place ? Think it is a glitch.

Actually, the building module should be disabled completely so that nothing could take place now. The subgame is not open. Doing anything else except (perhaps) trading a lot in whatever condition it is, may corrupt the DB.

I am sorry about the seemingly-abrupt disappearance from the scene here. Yesterday was a hectic one:

Facebook videolink how one of my closest collaborator escaped indefinite prison sentence (13 years demanded).
donator
GM announces: no new coins of any type will be minted before the competition ends. Feel free to hone your strategy.

Promises... should not make them...

Description
TS-series silver coin of 12 CKS.

Note
The TS-series has completed with 30 coins over the period from the 1360s to 1650. The emergence of investor bars (S1000) has made this redundant. One was given as a free dividend to every character with a positive M balance. The next silver collector series will be 1 tr.oz. coins (31 CKS) sometime in the future. Thank you! Smiley

The spirit of the promise is not broken because everybody got one  Grin
donator
Soul agreed to DUMP one more of CR1521E, after which it will have 4 owners and retain its GOC status. The dump is a 2-day express dump from 10,000,001 to 1 at 200,000 hourly decrease. After this, Soul will resume his policy of selling them at 10 mil apiece until changed.[/color]

Zech has a bid waiting at 5,000,001, grab it while you can Smiley

The recent Chinese Zodiac coins (4 of them) are listed for dump. They will reach their bottom prices near gold price in 5 days, and the remaining coins will be smelted as per rules. Of course I don't really believe they'd go that low - the existing Zodiacs command brisk prices of up to 1 mil, and the Zodiac mintage is restricted to 88.

These are now at 78,000 per coin and I have not the slightest issue to buy them all when we hit the lower point. (Or even now but decided to let you take first... Wink )

Overall, coin collecting is most profitable if you have the patience to wait. The situation with Soul above is not the worst of all to be in. Unfortunately I as King did not have any 20/20 full sets as they were only minted in years (1400-1599) when someone else had action in the market.
donator
GM actions concerning gold coins (GOC)

Since 1600, 3 out of 198 of the gold coins are insufficiently distributed to be classified as "coins". The remedy is taken as follows:

HO1600J is reclassified to GOM and will resume its status as GOC when more distributed (had 1 owner).
HC1600D is reclassified to GOM and will resume its status as GOC when more distributed (had 2 owners with one holding 39/40).
Soul agreed to DUMP one more of CR1521E, after which it will have 4 owners and retain its GOC status. The dump is a 2-day express dump from 10,000,001 to 1 at 200,000 hourly decrease. After this, Soul will resume his policy of selling them at 10 mil apiece until changed.
donator
...even if it sounds crap at first.

It may look crap I admit, but what is wrong with our sound?  Huh

Lol dude.....
You need more people helping you. The towns are mostly black and white only the center and surrounding areas habe pixel art houses. I want my house to look like a house not a black blob xD Can't we help at all ? Like I'm no programmer or design expert but isn't there anything we can do ?

Sure Smiley The IRC (freenode ##crypto-kingdom) is the way to get yourself known and offer to help. You will soon spot the nicks of people who actually breathe this game, including djjacket, Syksy, moneromoo and hmc. And me, Zechariah.
donator
...even if it sounds crap at first.

It may look crap I admit, but what is wrong with our sound?  Huh
donator
COINSHOP GOLD COIN PRICES UPDATED

In a 4-hour effort, Coinshop has updated all gold prices using BUY/SELL, BUY/SELLCKG, and DUMP/CATCH.

All coins now have a bid mostly up to the total amount of #exist, and many have a catch. We are willing to bid up to 4 mil for quality coins.

As for asks, all coins we had are now listed. The market is (again) full of bottom prices and dumps abound as well.

Especially:

The recent Chinese Zodiac coins (4 of them) are listed for dump. They will reach their bottom prices near gold price in 5 days, and the remaining coins will be smelted as per rules. Of course I don't really believe they'd go that low - the existing Zodiacs command brisk prices of up to 1 mil, and the Zodiac mintage is restricted to 88.

We pay well for all the coins we don't own any instances of.

We rated 13 coins to be "1st rate investment coins". None of these we owned before, and they all have a mintage between 7-20 and are the most coveted in the market. And we also want them now!

Coinshop is #122 so feels eligible to participate in the contest, to win back a fraction of the 100 mil we paid to the prize pool Wink

GM announces: no new coins of any type will be minted before the competition ends. Feel free to hone your strategy.
donator
Zechariah Loves Coins.

One of the most fascinating aspects in the whole of CK is its rich history in coin collecting, in all of gold, silver and copper.

When Crown and my personal holdings were divided, I received only the minority of gold coins in the royal collections.

I will now start buying more of them. I feel the emergence of Kansanmarkka and similar things will soon have an overflow of users to the parent Crypto Kingdom, and this kind of things will grow in value the most. Even the coins with "high" mintage will have value when the total users number in millions. It is interesting that hoarding has not become more prevalent even after the gold price crash when CK (item) spun off.

I also enjoy telling my plans beforehand so that everyone can take advantage Smiley
donator
GM update: Several things such as CAN, BLD, STO1, IC, SCI, have not reacted to the XMR price drop in the last weeks.

These come into being as a product of NPC work, and NPC work price is a GM decision which closely follows the fiat price of XMR.

So in essence: these things are now at half price that they should be.

I will wait for a full 12 hours before starting to buy them myself.

All this info should have been common knowledge all the time, and you should have been able to make money with it, but since you have not so far, I tell it here Smiley

Please hopefully King will link GM postings to the Billboard.
donator
donator
Wow guys I can't believe you are letting them go THIS cheap...

Office is dumping their silver hoard of ancient coins that were taxed as 20% import tax during the 1300-1500s.

The dump has gone so far that:

TS136, the oldest silver coin and one of 10 oldest items existing, is going for 1,039,100
TS142, only 13 coins existing, so the rarest of TS coins and quite old as well: 3,250,000
CS1614E, a key date as only 10 exist, for an unbelievable: 1,000,000

Gold picks:

CR1508E, the fewest existing of the ancient CR-E coins (12), now ask only 4,800,000
CR1631E, not a fancy year but a CR-E with 28 exist, just 105,000
CR1436E, a really old and mintage just 40: 213,460
CR1632A, a rarity from King's death year: 499,999

Copper token picks:

QJB1625: some day, these will be as the GJB1450 is now... 50,000
GJB1450: 2,258,000   
donator
Check out the GOC and COT well now! I promise there are some really nice offers hidden in the asks.

Some rumor that a certain batch of stolen gold coins from the ancient times might have been found as well...

ADD: Also a few of my chars have added bids Smiley
donator
The prize pot of 100 mil ("and much more") of the Coin Collecting Contest of 1650, will be distributed to the different collections as follows:

The Historian for GOC - 30%
The Cornerer for GOC - 15%
The Hoarder for GOC - 15%
The Historian for SIC - 14%
The Cornerer for SIC - 7%
The Hoarder for SIC - 7%
The Historian for COT - 6%
The Cornerer for COT - 3%
The Hoarder for COT - 3%

Among each category, there will be many prizes: up to 20 collections (in case of Historian for GOC) may be awarded a prize. Even if individual prizes by necessity are not that big, this makes the addition of only one or a few coins, increase your prize. I hope to be able to publish the exact prize schedule soon.

Also the collections by no means become worthless after the contest, since the contest is held every 25 years! This is rather a long-term investment Smiley Not to even mention the real collector value that is formed when 100,000 players are trying to procure collections from these coins with mintages ranging from 7 pieces to a few hundreds at most.

The firstcomers joining the game the very first days, have an average char_id=20. Therefore, their multiplier, sqrt(20), differs from the multiplier of the latest-comers (average char_id=500) by a factor of 5.0! This means that a new character will actually beat the old character with a collection only 20% as "good"! This will certainly make some interesting results! Wink I would wish that the multiplier be calculated from the House char_id, because if not, then I among some other players and FOCs will get unfair advantage (my current char_id is #36, but original was #1).

I am sure Syksy will open up the formulas for the scoring of the collections a little. They are one of the very few things in this game that I don't understand, which means others might need some help as well  Cheesy

Check out the DUMPs of SIC from Office (previous post). DUMP price decreases every hour and you don't know how low we are ready to go Smiley

Coinshop will also shed some GOC soon with a similar method. It will be especially good for Hoarders and Cornerers, since Coinshop has accumulated a large percentage of some coins, and in the long term they will all become rare and valuable, but now are going for cheap + (for the first time in the 1650 contest) you will get prizes for owning more than one!

Furthermore, Department Store will seek to offer its valued and sometimes even unique(!!) COT. Only COT may exist in quantities less than 7 tokens. The minimum for GOC and SIC is 7 coins upon mintage, and it any of the GOC/SIC drops below 7 coins existing, it will be reclassified to a different category.
donator
SILVER FEAST

Now is the time to buy silver coins!

The char_id=4 "Town" is given to the Senate to manage. Only very little items were taken by the "Game" in the distribution, namely money, stocks, and half of the silver hoard that the Town had collected as 20% import tax from the Ancient coin owners.

So all coins from TS136 onwards are for sale in a massive DUMP. Including the key dates with less than 20 exists.

Please don't make my effort to go in vain, set up your bids or CATCH commands and scoop up the goodies. And don't think that "ohhh... XMR is $10" because it is NOT - $5 is closer, so if you were willing to pay 29 mil for a rarish coin last spring, 0.8 mil now is significantly cheaper, not only in XMR terms but in all other terms as well.
donator
Cross-post. The freebie MKA given to the owners of CK are now valued at about $100k.

Update 2016-10-19

One more basic income round was distributed today, raising the total issuance to 232,000 MK. The target price per unit is 0.05 EUR, and the actual price in the sole (as far as we know) exchange is 0.0102 XMR (0.062 EUR). The market cap is therefore 11,600-14,300 EUR.

The stock MKA also had a distribution round today, "CK #2". This causes the 50,000 freebie stocks to be fully distributed ("Office" holds about 600 for claims purposes). In total, the number of stocks entitled to dividends and votes is 620,879. More are for sale by the Bureau, but only against a payment in MK (20-25 MK/unit). Since the issuance of MK is so small, not much can be bought. In CK, the price of MKA is 0.310 XMR (1.88 EUR) and the market cap of the Economic Bureau ("central bank" of the Kansanmarkka economy) is 1.2 million EUR.

We now try to get the pilot users to actually function as an economy. We have people who are interested in buying MK and MKA, but it is hard to get anyone to sell.
- Communication between piloters is the first issue to be tackled.
- Markkakanta account system is strongly developed to include the promised features that mainly exist as code.
- As much basic income will be doled out as possible, with only the restriction that the price may not dip from the target of 0.05 EUR.
- We continue to offer MKA and B-series shares cheaply to the users.
- Clearing system for both digital and physical currency is being developed and we have already contacted payment processor.
- A new batch of certificates will be designed and issued, estimated 50,000 "banknotes" by the end of November.
- We also seek 2500 users by the end of November.

It is a pleasure to report this Smiley Please ask / comment whatever you wish Smiley
donator
Oh this Tavastia-land is cold and hostile. Luckily the peasants are surprisingly eager to join our grand experiment of giving them a debt-free currency as basic income. Following the journey is easy from CK system, as both the stock MKA and the currency unit MK are in Favorite Items.

The stock will rise in value as usual. With the currency, however, the bulk of value appreciation is coming via splits, increasing the number of units you own, instead of the value of one unit. This is useful for currency, to retain its value. Splits are administered to the "MK" item as well.

For those who think in terms of the globalist "money" (even though it is debt, which used to be the opposite of money, but oh well, lol this 1647 is not the same as the golden age of humanity...), the Euro, it is made easy because 1 MK = 0.05 EUR.

I like these early days, they are very special. I have made 9 investment suggestions ("calls") in the last 12 years. The worst realised a loss of 20% but 8/9 are well on the black from the initial day of recommendation to present, including gems such as Bitcoin in 2012. My personal portfolio has done even better because I promote only after the investment is already good. The flipside of this is - I also make personal losses that the clients don't even know about, in the search of good investments.

Let's add MKA and MK to the list. Prices (EUR) were 1.25 and 0.05 upon recommendation.
donator
I'll post the prize formula soon. In each category, there will be many prizes, so boosting your collection by a few or just one coin may raise the ranking by some notches and really make up for the nominal price of the coin Smiley

Please tell me if Zech, Soul, or Coinshop own coins that should be listed for sale. I am dearly pressed with time but will always act if there is need.
donator
The system owned as a legacy: 16,750*CK, and this was decided to be sold according to the rules. So it was dumped to the bids. Check out the cheaper CK Smiley

Before that, the CK dividend of 10 m/CK had been distributed.
donator
[edit:from IRC:practicalimplications]:

So what happens when one of the counties breaks free without the GM's blessing (100 PRE)? Do we seize their lands and say Good-luck, Signor."  Or is the game to be a hub of exchange value?

Tavastia built their own system, Markkakanta, that is not compatible with CK basic economic principles such as time, NPC costs etc. It does support cooperation in the form of items and tokens transfer though. Markkakanta will probably not have land, but it will have financial assets and virtual collectibles. These can be transferred.

If some county wants independent + be part of the same system, then there is some need for coordination. If you do the same as with Tavastia, there is no much need for permissions - I don't remember asking them Wink Well the CEO will lease PJ's work of course, but tbh Markkakanta could have been implemented with less expertise than PJ, since it is so simple and not even compatible.

Also, once Markka is stable, will there be help available for Next-County-Up?

I suppose there are people who'd gladly take a significant share of the monetary system of any country, in return for their help in setting it up Smiley Personally I am busy now to get it rolling but once it is done, it will be easier for others to do anyway.

I can't imagine the costs and expertise to get this running....Well, I can, but I can't imagine the process for arranging it without the necessary hand shakes and approvals.

I can't recall the exact day when I started with the project but it's probably about 26 days ago. It has been a reasonably busy thing and I don't yet have much to show for it. As Saturday draws to close, however, we should have:

- 90 pilot participants demographically weighted from all over Finland, different ages and sexes
- of these, 15 group leaders coordinating the effort of their locality or friends' circle
- of these, 5 area coordinators acting as hubs between leading coordinators and group leaders
- 4 leading coordinators with diverse backgrounds providing expertise, contacts and marketing
- about 2-3 experts pushing the usability of Markkakanta software
- web newspaper in Finnish in kansanmarkka.fi, 4 articles per day
- FB page and group with fast response time, other tools for team collaboration
- Event in rooftop sauna for "maximum 50 at the same time" (it lasts for 12 hours and more than 200 were interested in coming in FB and live)
- other full, half and part-time coordinators upon need, with levels assigned to each for ease of coordination
- at least 15 local shareholders in addition to the 100+ in CK
- Markkakanta working in browser/mobile with minimum features for the pilot participants
- physical certificates in 5 denominations security printed in color, to be distributed in the event
- Markka in the hands of 90 people who know how to use it and are eager to do it and invent more.

If we ignore the compensation by tokens that is possible to be printed out of thin air, shares etc, the cost of everything has been around 1,000-2,000 XMR. If I had less money, I'd seek to recoup the initial investment in 3-6 months but now it's not a big deal really anyhow.
Pages:
Jump to: