Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(Town) - page 17. (Read 7201 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
2 years, 700 players and over a million euro later, we're still here! Smiley

Yeah and not only that, one of our counties is in the process of breaking free, and has copied parts of our software for their purposes, and has given free-trading goodwill stocks worth more than 10,000 XMR to our players...

What if all the counties do the same? Don't we become rich?   Shocked Huh  Cool
donator
Yes I am also really excited about the coin collecting now Smiley

A piece of history.. coins date back to the earlier period of 1600, before the pause. So in otherworldish terms, to about March, 2015. That's a fair bit of time ago. For instance XMR traded at around 0.4 euros.. Wink We were only the 102 ancient characters in the game, not 700 as we now do. The coins were made of gold, which was still having votes and dividends (in fact it only started to have the M dividends in 1520, the year names as T.I.E...)

When the then Prince of North Face saw my plans for items (which had not previously existed at all, in any form) and coins in all the myriads of types, he told: "mind=blown" and probably proceeded to sell some of his gold, just to hedge for my insanity.

It took several real-months from the beginning of coin trading until Ultima platform was launched. In the beginning, coins traded "p/o" meaning only the collector value was traded. Now we have practically made a full circle as gold is now so cheap, it is not a meaningful component in the price of the usual small-size coins. 

It was possible to buy a GigaPack of 40 collector's coins, and other packs were offered as well. The price for a normal 20-mintage CR-E coin was about 2-5 mil, but sometimes they fetched even 15-20 mil. The CR1400E was around 20 mil mostly.

I will help Syksy with this competition by making the prize allocation formulas. His part is to make the scripts that evaluate the goodness of the collections vs. each other in objective terms. My job is to ensure the prizes are distributed far and wide so that everyone can increase his ranking (and prize) in the contest by making well-planned purchases that do not necessarily cost much at all!

Also, in accordance to the original Coinshop pledge, 100 mil has been transferred to the prize pool.
donator
One question: is the tax for a FOC account still 50 XMR?

I think there was discussion recently in the new Senate to reduce this fee to 10XMR.

This tax is payable to the "game" (use account #4) and is 10 mil by GM decision.

It is still possible that the admin doing the work needs a cut, which might be ~2 mil due to little work involved.

The 10 mil is compensation for the extra privileges that the account is promised to have for an extended time, unlike Houses (normal player accts).
donator
This announcement has tremendous importance if you just read and understand it.

The share is now created as a depository share. The free spinoff distribution as spoken about in the previous post, will take place tomorrow Wednesday, about between 4-7 pm UTC.
- A test item will be created and 1 units given to all holders of CK.
- This test item will be spoiled until its number goes below 50,000.
- Then 1*MKA is dividended to holders of the test item
- Zech is ineligible. His part plus the residual (total approx 30%) will be later given to those with wisdom, with weight on the middle class.

See the item here.

This free giveaway is the first distribution of the EB stock after the founder's stock+options plan earlier today.

The structure currently is:
150,000 shares "A" free-trading (incl these 50k), with votes and dividends
400,000 lock-in shares "B" with votes and dividends, will come free-trading in 2017-2018
500,000 options with no votes nor dividends, convert to stock in 2019-2021

Maximum number of total stock (incl all classes) depends on the number of users in the system: with 50k users it is 4 million shares (80 shares per user), with 5 million users it is 10 million shares (2 shares per user).

The currency, kansanmarkka, People's Mark, will be launched later this month by this organisation.

PRE-ANN update in the altcoins forum.
donator
This announcement has tremendous importance if you just read and understand it.

The negotiations in Tavastia have caused a following plan to surface: own currency empowers people, so let them have it!

The first platform for trading of the Bureau stock, will most probably be Crypto Kingdom Ultima Platform. It is only right that CK owners will become owners of the Bureau as well as CK, after all the ideas and systems used by the Bureau and in markka, have been developed in the context of CK and I have almost got paid for it!

Approx 5-10% of the free-trading part of the Bureau stock (which may be maximum 5% of the total stock) will be freely given as a dividend to:
* owners of CK
* those with wisdom,
using a method to be explained soon. This will happen no sooner than 48 hours from this announcement, enabling everyone to buy CK if they like. My wm have 9 hours quarantine.
donator
It might be nice to offer special "pause" coins for the winners--though the 7 limitation might mean that it should be added to the Dragon Quest package to get it to # that gets it to a gold coin.

Gold Medal (GOM) is to be used for prizes and similar. Medals can be larger in size, and unique.

And I have donated 1,000 CKG for the purpose as well.
donator
Syksy, no need to follow it literally, unless the king says so!  Cheesy

An important criterion for any contest or other activity is the admin capability to handle the grading. I might have thought to do it in a different way.
donator
Zechariah's Journey: "Once a King, always a King," is our interpretation of the constitution, and we wish HM luck and success on his journey to far off lands, which are not only entrenched in censorship and hostility towards its own people, but who also fly their misdeeds under the joint flag of hypocrisy and progressiveness. May HM return safely to our lands and be a guiding force for change within our borders and abroad for many centuries to come.

Yes, technically retired monarchs still retain HM address, especially as the level is not touched either. How come that slipped my mind, perhaps was too eager to rid me of notional responsibility in preparation for the greater one.

To make matters simple, I will rule that it is fine to use plain rpietila (I/II) referring to my reign and that of my father, no honorific needed. I will continue to use HRH, which was bestowed on me in 1608 by my father, King rpietila I. This is to reduce confusion with His Majesty, the King regnant.

The address Their Majesties, will be proper to refer to both the living kings, the single His Majesty should be used for the current king only. I will respond to Your Majesty only if His Majesty is not present in the room.

Btw my name is Zechariah and it is good to use it after a lengthy period of being known as Tavastia. The last name is a concatenation of Tavastia (my county), rpietila (my royal house) and CK (the domain which the house ruled).

I would exhort everyone to read the rules from the Archives, since it is less likely I will publish much in the immediate future, so make sure you know the current ones at least!

The suggested usage of the Archives is that every important decision by any authority in the game (by the GM, judges, Senate, king) down to the level of individual peers and companies, can be posted there. Because the thread is kept free of clutter by self-moderation, it is not easy to get it bookmarked. So the decisions should be linked here as well. I am (currently) the one who archives them to the relevant collections in the thread and manages the interlinking. This duty is not what I particularly love, but the others capable of doing it are also busy, and after all I am the GM and it is most important for me to keep up to date of the game rules.

Other things I'd do if I had the time and authority, to spice up the game right now, would be as follows:

- Commoners do not yet get system-administered promotions. I can quickly appoint any admin and task her how to promote with
PROMOTECHAR char_id level year. Please volunteer.

- Every peer is granted a right to immediately promote 1 Knight. Please ask the admin who takes the task above, to make this promotion for you if you are not an admin yourself. For promoting a Baron (in your own peerage of your county), you need to convene with the King, because the quota of new barons is only 4 total. No viscount promotions just yet.

- I am interested to convene with HM concerning the peer promotions. As ruled in Rules, King may promote anyone up to Archduke, and GM does not have a veto. However, GM allocated the quota of such promotions available. I am very interested in having at least a Grand Duke in our kingdom by 1650.

- I would wish Marquess Syksy to organise the Coin Collecting Contest in collaboration with HM. That is a royal endeavor promised for 1650, that passed to the responsibilities of the Crown, but in my opinion the practical arrangements could better be borne by Syksy. In addition to other prizes that possibly are promised by the Crown (can't remember just yet), I will contribute to an equivalent of 1,000 CKG. I also intent to participate in the contest with my collection that (currently) lacks about 20 coins of the 197 gold coins existing. It is known that Syksy himself has an extensive and expensive collection of said coins, which makes him qualified to make the formulas that assess the value of the collections. Syksy may also participate in the contest and is eligible to win.

- I would wish HH SirJacket of North Face and 2 others be appointed Speakers of the Senate, with responsibilities that the Senate in Session bestows on them. I do not wish myself nor the king to be appointed.

- I intend to soon make division of the Town assets to be system assets (governed by GM) and Senate assets (administered by whomever they appoint).

- Please consider also the appointment of judges and defining their responsibilities. I can attend the session since I have some experience of the matter.
donator
Finland is falling to open tyranny at a record speed. While I am coordinating completely peaceful measures to address the ongoing conflict with Mr. Janitskin, he today got a note that he is being wanted in custody in Finland (a country where he has not even visited for 3 years), for made-up crimes that he supposedly has committed during his time of not even being in the country.

In reality, they just want his web newspaper down, because it sorely sticks in their face. Finland was hailed as #1 in press freedom last year, when there did not yet exist any truthful media. Now as one is reaching daily audiences of 4-8% of the population, it is under the threat of closure by any means available to the totalitarian state.

Never mind it is not even in Finland. That never stopped the apparatus from sentencing me in Finnish court for bogus crimes very little connected to my person, nor happening in Finland.

The lack of lawfulness, of common sense, and even procedural ignorance, is appalling. Soon the truth is indeed such a treasonous thing that it is forbidden to think about in Finland and abroad alike.

http://mvlehti.net/2016/09/28/prosecutor-wants-spanish-mv-lehtis-editor-in-chief-ilja-janitskin-imprisoned-on-friday-in-finland/
donator
Zechariah, it seems you've added more to your plate just when you've just taken something away Tongue Can you perform the duty of a GM/DM for our Dragon Quest or does someone else have to come forward and take the reigns of those duties--and if so, are there resources available as far as maps, rules, etc.?

Treasurer of a country in a time of national emergency? Yes, it is an important position and affects many lives.

Among existing admins, the combination of Syksy/Mooo could do the event solver session.
donator
CK (item) dividend paid for the last week. 20 m was paid per CK, altogether 210 mil.

The announcement yesterday has not caused any change to CK valuation, neither to the up nor the downside.
donator
Can you please elaborate?

Not much. I can summarise instead: I have a new project, which I have to accept because of patriotic duty. It is much tied to CK, even the software is a fork of CK. It'll consume some of my time, but I'll refund my CEO salaries (and those of PJ) in proportion. Also, this new project will become a great investment opportunity, which can be bought directly from CK.

In game philosophical terms, this is Tavastia county becoming independent with a forked software. Instead of active monero people, or gamers, the target market is all Finns. (No effect to the CK Tavastia county, yet)
donator

HRH Prince Royal Zechariah of Tavastia-rpietila-CK, Marquess of Tavastia &c

Your Majesty,

Sir, I congratulate your righteous and efficient rule that is already showing the signs of new winds blowing over the dusty streets of our beloved town. Indeed, the initiation of your reign has been peaceful and inspiring, and also the Senate has started their work with earnest. I could not be more happy of the choice of my successor. Also the counties are feeling the warming rays of Sun shining on them, with their life-giving power, making things happen that previously were not.

Indeed, Sir, this is what I decided to briefly write to you about. My ancient homeland, the vast region of Tavastia, has a secret rule by the cunning Swedes. In letter, we have claimed the area since about 1490 or so (which they by and large do not contest!), but in reality the deep state of Sweden is operating there in full force, and has rendered my efforts to civilise the county and make it realise its full potential, to have no effect.

It takes time to realise the depths of operations of this kind. A friend of mine even put it thus: "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman, and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot." He never got to expose the plot though, and besides it is common knowledge that peasants are subjects to fiefholders and so forth. But it got me thinking.

Being a king with the full potential of my vast assets, and the years of training and reigning behind me, yet having no throne, makes me wish to realise the remaining years I have, to the maximum benefit of my people, unfettered by the entangling diplomacy and horse-trading. I will therefore place my greatest emphasis for the time being, to liberate the Tavastians, my own people, from the bondage of the deep state of Sweden. This operation requires much and is not free, nor free of danger. I have great and secret allies, and the assurance that the Almighty also wishes the freedom of my people.

Therefore, be not anxious! Crypto Kingdom has proven itself and under your leadership it will thrive. The mutual benefits from raising the Tavastian peasants, numbering 5 million, will greatly overcome the temporary lack of having me guiding every step of my loving people.

特此奉聞,

I have been appointed to be the Treasurer in Finland. I will coordinate the efforts to bring back the national currency, the Markka, and we are using a CK-based account system to give Markkas out to every citizen who wants them, without compensation, as a way of basic income. I will continue to give my efforts to CK as well, just less time than before. The Markka system opens great possibilities for speculation by you who already know the strengths of me and those of the CK Ultima platform (which only needs to be stripped of features to accommodate a monetary system of an entire country). As soon as politically possible, I will integrate the possibility to buy Markkas for investment, to CK proper.
donator
Your cunningness the Marquis M.L., perhaps you can remind how the coin collection contest will take place, and is it Crown who donates the prizes?
donator
HRH Prince Zechariah of Tavastia-rpietila-CK (the former king in the game)

To all new players,

We have had so many new players in CK that we may soon develop a subculture who does not even know about us old guard! That happened in XMR as well, where I noticed to my great amusement that players who had never seen me due to a few months absence, did not know me or care about what I say.

This is exactly what we want happening in CK likewise. Of course here it is less likely as I continue to have many key positions inside the game, just not the king.

What I came to write, though, was just the simple idea that many old time players still read this thread. They might appreciate if the new ones stop by and consider a few minutes to write about themselves, what characters they have created, what assets bought, what plans there are. I for one, would like to be able to give a welcoming gift as well, so please include your char_id also, it might very well be that someone wants to give you something!

It is not a huge time ago - less than a year - that HSH The Prince of Soul was giving 2,000,000 to each new player ! Wink
donator
The Royal Weapons Works Corporation (RWWC) reorganises

After the turmoil of the pause, the corporation is revived with 644 million in the account. Things could be worse  Cheesy

Since RWWC business is very long term, no drastic measures are taken related to anything. A reasonably large current account is left, plus money invested to financials and fungibles with market-making. All the rest is given as an immediate windfall dividend to all shareholders, 150,000 m/share.

The RWWC themselves, makes markets in weapons, windows and carriages. It also researches new weapons. The CEO changed, and HM The King (Crichton) will start the actual operations when the time is unpaused.

DeptStore will start the stock marketmaking. Please note that this is already the 4th public company with automated market making. The companies are a good addition to your assets portfolio, because the yield more than CK, while being as easy to buy and sell, and liquid in small and medium sized amounts. Stock speculation is also possible since the market valuation may easily fall behind the book valuation even, in this era of quick asset price changes Smiley
donator
There has historically been a market for some fungible ancient collector items. The going price for the most valuable gold coins so far (CR1400E, CR1430E with #exists of 19, 14, respectively) has been 10 mil and 5 mil, respectively, this week.

Even higher premiums have been paid for semi-useful items such as a COL for 420 mil (approx 20 mil today), a suit 300 mil, and Round Table gold bars for 250-350 mil (all at about same time).

There has not been a historical market for unique Royal treasures for the simple reason that the stable and powerful House of (Tavastia)-rpietila-CK did not need to sell the heirlooms. Commercial ancient items have been sold occasionally with meager interest. On the other hand, the liquidation sales of the TownSwipe were met with large interest.

Finding the unique treats has been difficult from the Item Types menu. They will be grouped to significantly fewer types in Clans; at present we will have to do with the current system.

A new command DUMP will be used in conducting dutch auctions (will be announced when online). It will allow to set an initial price, which comes down a set amount per real-hour until the item is sold or final price reached. The opposite is CATCH for a bid that goes up automatically.
donator

The GM will be posting more details as to where and how one may begin the Quest.

The King is awarding huge prizes, that is for sure. All the previous countryside events have been cancelled and you are ready to explore with all your characters and troops if so wished. SCI is used as a currency for "action points", the more is needed, the larger your force.

Planning ahead where to go and in what formation, does not cost anything, increases the chances of success, and please do it here in this thread.

Getting intelligence during the live chat encounters costs SCI.

Encounter resolution may award you anything you have asked for (or not), including a dragon dead or alive, but there also are dangers. Peasants have grown to ignore our rule, and borders are open for people to come from strange nations, who do not appreciate our customs. Luckily they can be recognised by the culture. So military encounter with its glories and sufferings might be encountered.

Depending where you go, artifacts, silver and CAN may be obtainable.

After enough plans are posted in the thread, the live solver can be had.

If you read this, no matter how feeble and ill-equipped you are, team up with others and ask for weapons etc. Then share the loot!
donator
First the GM posts important information regarding our new Archives: The persistent problem of not knowing the Rules is over! Everything can be found in the same place now. Today's update was regarding items, including the rules concerning CK item. Check it out! Also, the first CK dividend of 20 m/CK (0.25%), is handed out.

Second, as can be deduced from the Senate decisions, no Judges have yet been appointed. It is known to me that some players and ex-players have wishes to negotiate with CK concerning their earlier accounts, items etc. To handle such claims with experience and equity, the player assigned to it needs to have the time at hand, plus the knowledge of all circumstances. Such a player has not surfaced.

In this kind of matter, the GM does not have the resources to act as the first instance of justice. Therefore, I will regretfully ask the claimants to wait until the Judges are appointed. The Judges only have authority to award funds and items inside the game-world. If they rule that the game system should award compensation, then GM will be the final instance to decide if it will be granted. I will in this task uphold that according to the Rules of 1432, then in force, the Town Council has the power to make the rules. Therefore, the decision to sweep accounts that had been dormant for several months, after a grace period of an additional several months, was just and enforceable, and the period of time passed since the enforcement, further several months without claims, solidifies the Town case. If any claims have additional circumstances, they are considered before reaching the verdict.

Regardless of the above, all players who are re-interested in CK will get a package of their original ancient char_id and highest level obtained, plus additional goodies upon signing up. The specific inquiries will have to be made to the Senate. We really want you back! Smiley
donator
Crypto Kingdom Constitution has passed in the first General Meeting.

The Constitution, as well as all the other documents, rules, laws and rulings, can be found in the CK Archive.

The abbreviated version below:

Quote from: Crypto Kingdom Constitution 1647
II General Meeting

The General Meeting of CK holders is called, if:
- the Board so wishes, or
- the Senate so wishes, or
- the owners of 10% of the outstanding CK-days so demand.

The vote-power in the General Meeting is based on CK-days. Only Houses are eligible to vote. Other account types are ineligible to vote. Voting by proxy is allowed. The General Meeting is public.  

The General Meeting may:
- Change the Constitution with a 75% majority in both 2 successive meetings minimum 21 real-days apart;
- Change the Documents with a simple majority;
- Appoint the Board members, so that each faction of votes gets to appoint members in proportion;

III Board

The Board determines the strategy and oversees the progress of Crypto Kingdom project.

The Board may:
- Appoint a Chairman from among the members;
- Appoint a CEO and decide her compensation;
- Appoint a GM and decide her compensation;

V Admin Team

The Admin Team is the link between the project team and the game-world. Admin Team conducts the operations that ensure the functioning game-world, they are "gods" of the world, and decide how the events in the world are solved.

Admin Team is lead by the Gamemaster, who appoints the other admins, decides their compensation and organises their work. Gamemaster is the supreme judge of the state of the game-world.

VII Senate

The Senate oversees the game-world and governs in-game happenings. The Senate may not raise an army.

Every house in level Earl or higher, has the right to participate in Senate as a peer. Other account types are ineligible. The vote-power is based on the CK-days.

The Senate may (including but not limited to):
- Make Laws;
- Appoint Judges for 20-game-year terms;

IX Additional governance

The Gamemaster decides the Rules, which are practical mechanisms and boundaries along which the game-world operates. The Rules are enforced automatically as part of the state of the game. Therefore, the players need not "follow" them - the Gamemaster follows them herself in conducting the world and its events.

The Senate makes Laws. Laws may decide about in-game governance and matters, and seek to guide the conduct in-game. The difference between a Rule and a Law is that a Rule may stipulate that an unpinned farm yields 1,000*VEG, and so it does. A Law may say that 10% of that must be given to the Town for the upkeep of roads. Rules are enforced by the system, but laws are not. So the VEG will be created if the rule says so, but the law must be obeyed voluntarily, albeit under threat of encounter consequences.

Rulings are decisions reached when there is a dispute. Depending on the situation, GM, Admins, Senate, King, Judges or Peers (alone, together, or in combination) may give rulings. The highest authority is GM, but she may refuse appeal, or institute a fee. Rulings, especially from higher authorities, form a case law.

X Encounter resolution

Encounters may be initiated by the GM or by the players. They refer to happenings in the game-world that do not directly follow from the rules. Encounters may require response, but may also be random events that are dealt to the entities without them being possible to participate in the resolution.

Players may initiate encounters with/against anything or anyone, if they find admin resources for the resolution. Admins may charge a fee for this. It is for instance possible to seek to kill another character and plunder his house, or go out to the fields in search for a specific artefact. Custom quests are also a sequence of encounters with a goal.

Encounters may not touch the player's M, CK or urban land ownership. Encounter resolution is an admin action that only takes into account the events, not their legitimacy. Aggression against other players is punishable by law, but whether the law can reach the aggressor, is an encounter in itself.

XI Dispute resolution

Gamemaster is the supreme judge of all grievances concerning admin actions, with automatic enforceability of her rulings.

There are various ways of obtaining in-game rulings, with variable enforceability.

XII Definitions

CK-days. House ownership of item "CK", multiplied by the real-days of the duration of the ownership, using LIFO (Last In First Out) method.

The wholly-bolded part is important now, since we already have the:
- Constitution
- CEO
- GM
- King

What we need next, are:
- Board
- Rules (by GM)
- Senate
- Laws (by Senate)

Therefore, let the Senate convene in IRC: ##senate, starting 2 hours from now officially (3 pm).

The following Houses may take a seat:
HOUSE   LEVEL   VOTES
ZECHARIAH (36)   20   2793510
FLUFFYPONY (21)   16   1012360
SOUL (19)   16   650730
THUD (80)   15   422330
LUIGI (29)   15   351430
HS-S3 (252)   14   331145
OZ (26)   17   340405
BINARYFATE (14)   14   210350
DRC (101)   14   200685
NEWLIBERTY (3)   17   145770
DJJACKET (31)   17   108485
FURIBLIZ (403)   n/a   98000
SADDAM (7)   17   79685
HEIMO (54)   14   64645
ALE (10)   14   60135
CRICHTON (130)   19   51140
LLOYD IV (100)   14   39605
SMOOTH (18)   15   36470
ROOPATRA (17)   16   33152
DNALEOR3 (335)   14   32360
ANGUS (91)   14   21006
SYKSY (138)   15   20060
KRONICBLAZER (46)   15   16140
MOOO (88)   15   10265

There is currently no draft for any Laws that the Senate might pass, nor even the internal regulations related to the procedures to be used. Proposals may therefore be made.

The following 2 Gamemaster-hours are spent on making some Rules... Wink
Pages:
Jump to: