Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: RIP Satoshi - page 2. (Read 3110 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
May 06, 2013, 11:17:02 AM
I find it interesting that most of the loud voices are big into litecoin when litecoin's current anti-dust relay/mining policy is far more aggressive than anything proposed for Bitcoin.

Because it's not? wtf are you talking about?
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
May 06, 2013, 11:13:15 AM
Litecoin is MySpace to Bitcoin Facebook.
Litecoin is Yahoo Auctions to Bitcoin EBay
Litecoin is Betamax to Bitcoin VHS

Myspace was first, facebook improved on the idea. so this would support LTC being the best.

betamax lost cuz the pron industry picked vhs.   honestly if the pron industry picks LTC then BTC will be pretty fucked.

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
May 06, 2013, 10:48:40 AM
Litecoin is MySpace to Bitcoin Facebook.
Litecoin is Yahoo Auctions to Bitcoin EBay
Litecoin is Betamax to Bitcoin VHS
legendary
Activity: 1002
Bitcoin
May 06, 2013, 07:55:24 AM
I find it interesting that most of the loud voices are big into litecoin when litecoin's current anti-dust relay/mining policy is far more aggressive than anything proposed for Bitcoin.

+1

Most "loud voice" crying about the 0.8.2 changes do not understand much about what they are complaining.. I'll run a 0.8.2 node and hope the pool I use will enjoy the new version too Smiley
vip
May 06, 2013, 05:20:32 AM
But it is the more stable and tested coin.
LOL. "more stable and tested" ... is that why all litecoin nodes are still displaying a "Warning: this version is obsolete, upgrade required" error, and have been for months without anyone fixing it? Tongue  Is this why litecoin depends on Bitcoin fixing bugs and lags behind slowly copying security fixes from bitcoin (now months behind) and basically never produces any of its own novel bugfixes?  Is it stable.. or technically dead?

Ltc works just fine. Btc on the other hand forked itself hard. Btc was only saved cuz of the centralized mining pools and gavin bribing the operators.

People who work on ltc have added to the btc code. You of all people should know that.

Like it or not if btc dies crypto will live on. Im not a btc or ltc fanboy. Im here to fuck over banks with whatever crypto works.
Activity: 784
May 06, 2013, 04:55:02 AM

Litecoin, showing Bitcoin how it should be done yet again.
Please don't tell me you are serious. Go look at the current codebase.

Current? What are you talking about? Last real update was 10 months ago. Grin

Now seriously, I think litecoin is more or less how an altcoin should be done, but not what Bitcoin should have been done.

Bitcoin is litecoins test coin. Litecoin will not get forked and break like bitcoin did.

Litecoin is the conservitive option here.

Explain "will not get forked and break"

LTC network at its current stage is still very much susceptible to a botnet 51% attack, so it can not become the No.1 virtual currency, there are plenty with millions of CPUs out there, they just don't care enough about LTC yet.

When bitcoin was forked it was not cuz of an attack but design fail. Litecoin does not have this bad code. The bitcoin coders did something silly and almost killed bitcoin.

Glad we still have safe ltc so we can use crypto.

Perhaps you should go ask coblee if he likes your vision about LTC. Sooner or later they will start forking from bitcoin-0.8. Wink

And if what you said were true, that would exactly be the reason why LTC can only be No.2-it's designed to only satisfy the need of old users.

Ltc is silver to btcs gold.

Honestly i hold and use both. We need both.

If it stays silver I think it will be OK.

But if it attempts usurpation I don't think many Bitcoiners and their huge GPU mining farms will go easy on the LTC network.

I invest in LTC as well.
staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
May 06, 2013, 04:51:04 AM
LOL. "more stable and tested" ... is that why all litecoin nodes are still displaying a "Warning: this version is obsolete, upgrade required" error, and have been for months without anyone fixing it? Tongue  Is this why litecoin depends on Bitcoin fixing bugs and lags behind slowly copying security fixes from bitcoin (now months behind) and basically never produces any of its own novel bugfixes?  Is it stable.. or technically dead?
vip
May 06, 2013, 04:40:14 AM

Now seriously, I think litecoin is more or less how an altcoin should be done, but not what Bitcoin should have been done.

Bitcoin is litecoins test coin. Litecoin will not get forked and break like bitcoin did.

LTC network at its current stage is still very much susceptible to a botnet 51% attack, so it can not become the No.1 virtual currency, there are plenty with millions of CPUs out there, they just don't care enough about LTC yet.

When bitcoin was forked it was not cuz of an attack but design fail. Litecoin does not have this bad code. The bitcoin coders did something silly and almost killed bitcoin.

Perhaps you should go ask coblee if he likes your vision about LTC. Sooner or later they will start forking from bitcoin-0.8. Wink

And if what you said were true, that would exactly be the reason why LTC can only be No.2-it's designed to only satisfy the need of old users.

Ltc is silver to btcs gold.

Honestly i hold and use both. We need both.
May 06, 2013, 04:22:58 AM

vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
May 06, 2013, 03:47:31 AM

I enjoy using Lynx. Why would I move to Firefox? I already have a HTTP browser!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
May 06, 2013, 03:46:49 AM
almost killed bitcoin.

vip
May 06, 2013, 03:36:27 AM

May 06, 2013, 03:00:04 AM

vip
May 06, 2013, 02:48:50 AM

May 06, 2013, 02:33:48 AM

vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
May 06, 2013, 01:24:49 AM

legendary
Activity: 1498
May 06, 2013, 01:11:28 AM

Thank you litecoins and coblee for censoring bitcoins THANK YOU...
vip
May 06, 2013, 12:58:00 AM

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
May 06, 2013, 12:52:19 AM

I could really care less about Litecoin. I just know the price will go up when it hits Gox so it is currently a good investment.

Killing microtransactions hinders a good chunk of my business model that would definitely add inherent value to Bitcoin.
staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
May 05, 2013, 11:55:56 PM
Pages:
Jump to: