Pages:
Author

Topic: Re round three of Avalon group buy. interest page. - page 3. (Read 6409 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
actually the wait for the buy is making it look like 875 is not low enough.

on monday we can decide.

At next diff of 175G, and if it does not go up anymore it's almost 8mo ROI with FREE power. I think it needs to be priced at 175G diff at least.

Yeah for now I am holding off for a day.

While I Like having gear 20% jumps back to back may force me to handle my moves another way.

So think tues collect weds send.  Or maybe no buy at all.

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

on monday we can decide.

At next diff of 175G, and if it does not go up anymore it's almost 8mo ROI with FREE power. I think it needs to be priced at 175G diff at least.

Yeah, the spike upward on the BitcoinWisdom chart doesn't look good.

I'm getting ready to sell my four SP20s after the next diff change to pay back what I'm spending on this Avalon.  They are still profitable at the moment only because I'm using them for supplemental heat.  Spring is coming and this last diff increase says the SP20s just break even at their lowest settings when not used for heat (they earn about a quarter coin per month when used for heat).  One more diff increase like the last one without a corresponding price increase and they are done.  If anyone with cheaper power is interested, feel free to PM me before I put them on eBay.

I don't want to be out entirely, so I'm taking a big risk on this Avalon and the previous Avalon, but I certainly can't replace all four SP20s to stay at 4kW.  Sadly, I must downsize!
Activity: 575
Merit: 500

on monday we can decide.

legendary

on monday we can decide.
Same situation. The diff spike is killing it. Will crush some number tonight and let you know.

Philip, if you hold the buy till Wednesday do you think they will drop the price more if next diff stays at 20% projection again? By Wednesday we will have 4 days of block times in this diff. If so, the price should be about 650 factoring another 20% bump up. Maybe bring up the concern with them and see what they say. I think many are staying away due to this and they may be having a hard time moving HW at 875. Just a thought.
Activity: 305
I just hope the BTC price stops going down (or goes up) before philipma1957 asks for coins.  I bought some at $375 ea. on coinbase yesterday to be ready for this group buy and the price has been drifting down since.  The chart looks to be on the verge of a drop or another quick bounce to 380s to me (but I'm a better miner than a trader so I have no clue what I'm talking about).  Please don't break downward before I pay for this....
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Same situation. The diff spike is killing it. Will crush some number tonight and let you know.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Diff is spiking as hell again ... I will think about buying one more or not tonight ... it is insane.  Cry
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ
im interested if the price is right

price is 875 and a little to ship  I am in New Jersey where are you? FL correct?

We are close to at least 10 pieces.

I will open for coins on Monday and close on Tuesday

try to be ready with coin.

crap.. i wont have the coins by monday.. coinbase takes 6 days to many....

That's always been my holdup and the reason I will be out of this buy (i'd like one more).  That's ok though.  I need to settle in with the few i have for a bit and watch the diff increases do a number on everyone!

none of my business, but it looks like coinbase does not bestow a $1000 instant buy account limit anymore.
they used to do it for basically anyone.

You have to have a credit card on file now in order to receive the $1,000 Instant Buy

coinbase is like dealing with a bank.

I can buy 1000 instantly

I can sell 50,000 a day ------ not instant
I can buy 50,000 a day ------ not instant

They have a major CC and a 4mb photo of my passport.

I could of used a 4mb photo of  my drivers license  with a major cc.

I am tempted by the instant buy but I better wait.
legendary
so the four I am  running   do 4080/13145 or 0.31 watts a gh

sound levels in the garage are under 60db I will measure.

at couch in den/ht with garage door open 39.9db

at garage door entrance 48.1db

closer to the gear it is next to the garage door on the left about 15 feet from the meter in my hand 55 db

lastly about 4 or 5 feet away it is 63.7 db

Activity: 294

price is 875 and a little to ship  I am in New Jersey where are you? FL correct?

That's always been my holdup and the reason I will be out of this buy (i'd like one more).  That's ok though.  I need to settle in with the few i have for a bit and watch the diff increases do a number on everyone!

none of my business, but it looks like coinbase does not bestow a $1000 instant buy account limit anymore.

You have to have a credit card on file now in order to receive the $1,000 Instant Buy

I can buy 1000 instantly

I could of used a 4mb photo of  my drivers license  with a major cc.

I'm not there yet.  I've not been a customer of theirs long enough (I'm up to 200 instant).  They have all of the verification documents and have made it through no problem.  I need to buy a bit more BTC from them first before my limits go up again (about another 1000).

Quote from: sidehack

Not sure if it helps anyone, but I also have a few BTC I can sell.

That's an awesome offer.
legendary
I had 1 Sanyo san ace 120 fan and replaced the New fan.

bottom far left is the sanyo new replacement
runs at 3900 to 4200 keeps gear cool

close up of it

here is a close up of the rev 2 oem fan
pretty loud

here is a close up of the rev 1 oem fan
pretty quiet at the 2900rpm level

a shot of power used 17 amps at 240 volts  = 4080 watts

4 units do  13145gh

price is 875 and a little to ship  I am in New Jersey where are you? FL correct?

That's always been my holdup and the reason I will be out of this buy (i'd like one more).  That's ok though.  I need to settle in with the few i have for a bit and watch the diff increases do a number on everyone!

I can buy 1000 instantly

Back to the miners

this is a good replacement  fan

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOC80IO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1JKGKBA82098O

it cools better then the newer fan and it is quieter then the newer fan.

I will order a case of them and toss one in each avalon6 box that comes to me.

note the high light that is the new model with the replacement fan.

So the new fan is running 4350rpm, you saying it as quiet as the 1st group buy fan at 2400rpm and same or better temps?

Also ironic that the new price is still 2.4btc just like 1st buy but makes 20% less coin now. I know they sell in USD but funny how that worked out. Based on BTC pricing it should be 1.9btc or better.
legendary

I can buy 1000 instantly

Back to the miners

this is a good replacement  fan

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOC80IO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1JKGKBA82098O

it cools better then the newer fan and it is quieter then the newer fan.

I will order a case of them and toss one in each avalon6 box that comes to me.

note the high light that is the new model with the replacement fan.

Activity: 212

That's always been my holdup and the reason I will be out of this buy (i'd like one more).  That's ok though.  I need to settle in with the few i have for a bit and watch the diff increases do a number on everyone!

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Not sure if it helps anyone, but I also have a few BTC I can sell.
legendary
I offered hosting for previous rounds, but I'm full up and can no longer take in new machines. In case anyone was wondering.

Classic good news bad news. 

I am glad to see you maxed the hosting setup.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I offered hosting for previous rounds, but I'm full up and can no longer take in new machines. In case anyone was wondering.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

Activity: 209
I'll take 2 more. Possibly 3. I'll know if I want the extra one by Monday. If that is to late just put me down for 2.
Pages:
Jump to: