Pages:
Author

Topic: Re round three of Avalon group buy. interest page. - page 2. (Read 6409 times)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250
I notice in the screenshots that some of you are running different software than what shipped from BlockC (header says 15.05 instead of r43076).  My rev2 came with 20151111 and I see I can get up to 20160125 now.  I generally follow the "if it isn't broken then don't fix it" rule, so have you found any advantages to updating (hash rate, temps, options)?  Disadvantages?
So, are we go or no go?
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
I want to mention this link

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-great-deal-on-avalon-a6s-1357595

not my gear and the older revision  still 1.9 btc for a used avalon6

MarkAz  and OgNasty are good people.

So if you want the Avalon6 Revision 1 at 1.9 coins it could be better then the Revision 2 at around 2.45 coins.

This is why the game can be very hard to play.

Some guys or groups are flooding the hashrate as I type.

Good luck to all.

Been watching blocks last couple days and based on block makers, Bitfury is almost 200ph. Them along with F2 have experienced the fastest growth. I guess production on this 16nm chips is full scale. One could also think that BitFury sold a large order, say 25-25ph to one miner and they pointed to F2 so they don't stick out as a new player. Not many blocks in the "other" or unknown bucket.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
good I also order this set of fans

they are much better then the rev 2 fans.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOC80IO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Phil I got one of those at home and they were for an S4. (I got one spare and changed one broken fan).

But they were loud. I will give a try ! Smiley

thanks

EDIT: i have to double check the part number. might not be the same.

Nice I got the exact same model, I will try it.

set the fan speed at 40 to 50

The trick is to get a stable temp under 70c it will never ramp up so it is okay loud.

Thanks !
 I am pretty happy with fan at 48

Mine are running higher already. Too hot in my room. I will try to find the best lower value I can.

Anyway i'm re-doing my setup ... I will find out after that.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOC80IO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Phil I got one of those at home and they were for an S4. (I got one spare and changed one broken fan).

thanks

The trick is to get a stable temp under 70c it will never ramp up so it is okay loud.

Thanks !
  I am pretty happy with fan at 48
legendary

thanks

Thanks !
legendary

thanks

legendary

thanks

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Probably a fan out of a Dell something, which uses a nonstandard PWM scheme so the fan itself can't be throttled by the miner.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100

maybe not as good as the rev 1 fans.

So if you have a rev2 fan from my group buy two let me know.
look at my four avalon6's

My only issue is the fans I bought came with different colored wires and a 6pin connector vs 4pin, so the pinout was different. So I did some experimenting and figured the correct pin out. The fans work, but I don't think the temp sensing side of things work, as they've been at the same RPM since I fired them up. The v1 went from 3000 rpm to 4000 rpm, but the other two fans have stayed at the same speed since I turned them on. Temps are still the same so not sure if there just hasn't been a need to increase the RPMs to cool things, or I still have the wiring wrong that prevents the PWM from working...
legendary

thanks

legendary
Just wanted to share this with anyone concerned about the noise levels of the V2 Avalons. I just received my fans in the mail with the same model number as the fans in the v1. RPMs were more than halved and these miners are much more quiet than before. As you can see I just fired them up and will be keeping track of the board heat levels as time passes and will report back:

Thanks appreciated !

Smiley
legendary

maybe not as good as the rev 1 fans.

So if you have a rev2 fan from my group buy two let me know.
look at my four avalon6's

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Just wanted to share this with anyone concerned about the noise levels of the V2 Avalons. I just received my fans in the mail with the same model number as the fans in the v1. RPMs were more than halved and these miners are much more quiet than before. As you can see I just fired them up and will be keeping track of the board heat levels as time passes and will report back:

I wish i could replace all my sp20 at home with some AV6. They are really good miner !

This is pretty much where I'm at.  I have four SP20 that I was going to winter mine with to squeeze out the last profits, sell, and replace the gear.  Due to my power setup and supplies, the Avalon6 is a better match for replacing my SP20s than the S7, so I began the gradual phase in process with the last Avalon6 group buy.   Now that I have one, I'm impressed.  One plan was for 3 Avalon6 to replace my four SP20s for a rough doubling in hash rate while reducing operating expenses 25%.  The diff spike has disrupted my plan though-- another 20% after this 20% and the SP20s MUST shut down early because even winter mining isn't going to work for them any longer.   The value I can reclaim from them on the used market is greatly reducing as well.  I don't have all of the replacement gear lined up and even what I can replace them with is dropping in value way too quickly.

At the moment, assuming the price of Bitcoin doesn't drop before decision time, I'm still in for one unit in this buy.  ROI looks near impossible, but I can probably still get something (albeit little) for my SP20s to help with this buy and I really don't want to drop below 6TH.  If the buy doesn't happen it isn't a big loss to me though either.

EDIT: Not sure what is going on but pushing the diff that much is just killing everyone profit. It looks like some big gamer are fighting for a bigger piece of the cake. Like a huge rush before the halving.

I can only hope that same "big gamer fighting for a piece of the cake" also has a game plan for driving an increase in the BTC price for that cake.  Otherwise, we're all going to be done in a few months.  That risky possibility is what is keeping me from exiting entirely right now.  Of course, I can play that game by just buying coins instead of buying expensive mining doorstops... and the coins I just bought for this group buy might go that direction if the buy doesn't happen.

legendary
I want to mention this link

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-great-deal-on-avalon-a6s-1357595

not my gear and the older revision  still 1.9 btc for a used avalon6

MarkAz  and OgNasty are good people.

So if you want the Avalon6 Revision 1 at 1.9 coins it could be better then the Revision 2 at around 2.45 coins.

This is why the game can be very hard to play.

Some guys or groups are flooding the hashrate as I type.

Good luck to all.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Looks like most have forgotten that KNC released info that they had built another mining wing to their growing farm and were nearly complete with another wing they would host Fat Wallet clients gear in.  Angry
legendary
I place this on hold til tommorrow.

And I think we are suspending it then.

At this moment I have 875 in cash from Dave F, as he drove past my town and dropped off cash for one unit.

I do realize some people may have crazy low power cost so if there is enough interest in the gear we may still do a buy.

right now no offers for .11 watt 14/16 size gear exist.

For me to buy gear now I need  .10 watt gear.  

We are looking at back to back 20% jumps  so I have to hold back buying any gear for myself.

I think this is the most reasonable decision we can take.

Even with my cheap electricity (0,06 cent us) it doesn't make any sense with the incoming diff rise.

I wish i could replace all my sp20 at home with some AV6. They are really good miner !

EDIT: Not sure what is going on but pushing the diff that much is just killing everyone profit. It looks like some big gamer are fighting for a bigger piece of the cake. Like a huge rush before the halving.
legendary
I place this on hold til tommorrow.

And I think we are suspending it then.

At this moment I have 875 in cash from Dave F, as he drove past my town and dropped off cash for one unit.

I do realize some people may have crazy low power cost so if there is enough interest in the gear we may still do a buy.

right now no offers for .11 watt 14/16 size gear exist.

For me to buy gear now I need  .10 watt gear. 

We are looking at back to back 20% jumps  so I have to hold back buying any gear for myself.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
actually the wait for the buy is making it look like 875 is not low enough.

on monday we can decide.

At next diff of 175G, and if it does not go up anymore it's almost 8mo ROI with FREE power. I think it needs to be priced at 175G diff at least.

Yeah for now I am holding off for a day.

While I Like having gear 20% jumps back to back may force me to handle my moves another way.

So think tues collect weds send.  Or maybe no buy at all.

Unfortunatly, at that price, it will be a no buy for me. ROI is just impossible right now with these diff spike.
Pages:
Jump to: