Pages:
Author

Topic: reasons for bad trading - page 10. (Read 1844 times)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 116
May 20, 2021, 07:24:46 PM
it's not human nature, greed in trading there is a ridiculous thing that must be eliminated,
I'm sure everyone has their own way, because if we are greedy in trading we always do that, then you will never win,
I always remind everyone , that greed is the key to trading
Greed is part of human nature. But we all have our own ways of dealing with it. Good and experienced traders, are fine to take profits around 10%-20% and that would have it a safe profit taking.

While the newbies that just got in because of FOMO, they'll think of more than 100% profit and that leads them to lose even their own capital. It's true that it must be eliminated but it should start on our own.

I really agree that greed should be eliminated when trading, but the problem is not that easy to get rid of greed in us. It takes a long process,
because we have different abilities to be able to control the greed within us. Even professional traders often get out of control and end up
experiencing losses when trading. Actually, in my opinion, greed doesn't need to be eliminated 100%, but just minimizing it is enough.
Indeed, starting from ourselves to overcome greed is something that must be done, before we advise others.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1815
Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures
May 20, 2021, 06:59:33 PM
it's not human nature, greed in trading there is a ridiculous thing that must be eliminated,
I'm sure everyone has their own way, because if we are greedy in trading we always do that, then you will never win,
LOL then what if not human nature? Someone's greed is different, depending on how you can control your psychology. Greed is a silly thing but every human being will experience it.

a professional trader has also experienced it. it takes time to train psychology to be controlled and not too panic and not too greedy to take advantage.

For that, it must have a main target that must be achieved. If trading is carried out calmly and with the right strategy, panic and greed will not result. the key to trading is not only greed, but how to control emotions, sharpen capital and manage risk.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
May 20, 2021, 03:32:44 PM
Greed is part of human nature. But we all have our own ways of dealing with it. Good and experienced traders, are fine to take profits around 10%-20% and that would have it a safe profit taking.

While the newbies that just got in because of FOMO, they'll think of more than 100% profit and that leads them to lose even their own capital. It's true that it must be eliminated but it should start on our own.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
May 20, 2021, 03:30:12 PM
~
For the first reason you mentioned, it is because many are into long-term. 20% isn't their target probably, they could've sold some but not all out.
For the second reason, it is panic selling as well. Though many are easily manipulated by whales' dump thinking about the crash, but it is just whales that are about to hunt their dumped coins for them to fill their bags again.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
May 19, 2021, 05:32:10 PM
Greed and emotions are two things a trader should learn how to control to be able to make the right decisions at  the right time, no doubt all this point you mentioned are the reasons for bad trading, for a trader to be successful he needs to learn how to set goals in crypto and works towards them, always try to check on updates about the crypto market because it really helps a lot, being informed and knowledgeable helps you to make good decisions for your self, and also try not to be greedy, if you must have hits about 50% profit on a trade and still not satisfied, it's better to take out capital and let the profit flow till any point you are satisfied.
Emotions and greed are human traits that cannot be avoided. Everyone has it but with different limitations. what becomes very important is how to regulate emotions properly so as not to be too greedy to take advantage. The main goal or strategy must be set in order to achieve what has been planned. learning trading discipline is very important.

It is better to make a small profit often than to bet your money on an undetermined threshold. Because some of the predictions that will be made will not be accurate. securing better capital.
True, I believe that greed is human nature and we can't completely remove it. Setting up limitations will significantly reduce it to the extent that we can't call it greed. Recently I've been contented on any profit that I can get from my trades on this past few weeks, I don't exceed more than the target profit I set up on my trade to avoid losing because of greed. You will never lose trade if you profit from it, so profit is always a profit.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
May 19, 2021, 10:22:19 AM
Greed might be helpful at times though. Imagine investing in a great project and cashing out too early, so that is where greed can save you. But overall I agree, holding some coins for too long is greedy and I would say, 7/10 times it won't pay off.
Greedy is not really bad as it was but TOO MUCH greed is something we don't want. It kills us, honestly.

Emotions should be forgotten about the moment you decide to trade. All the coins you buy or sell must be seen as an investment and business and there must be no emotions attacked with these projects.

Once you are able to control your emotions, greed and avoid panicking based on market movements, all you need to focus on is the fundamentals because no matter whether it's crypto market or fiat stocks, you need to learn the fundamentals of trading, they apply everywhere.
Could be true and if that only be possible but too bad to think that we can't assure that everything went smooth and controllable. Because the truth is that we can't do this all the time especially when you see that you are at loss. Whether we like it or not, our emotions might come out as it was a common feeling to everyone.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
May 19, 2021, 09:04:03 AM
Greed and emotions are two things a trader should learn how to control to be able to make the right decisions at  the right time, no doubt all this point you mentioned are the reasons for bad trading, for a trader to be successful he needs to learn how to set goals in crypto and works towards them, always try to check on updates about the crypto market because it really helps a lot, being informed and knowledgeable helps you to make good decisions for your self, and also try not to be greedy, if you must have hits about 50% profit on a trade and still not satisfied, it's better to take out capital and let the profit flow till any point you are satisfied.
Greed might be helpful at times though. Imagine investing in a great project and cashing out too early, so that is where greed can save you. But overall I agree, holding some coins for too long is greedy and I would say, 7/10 times it won't pay off.

Emotions should be forgotten about the moment you decide to trade. All the coins you buy or sell must be seen as an investment and business and there must be no emotions attacked with these projects.

Once you are able to control your emotions, greed and avoid panicking based on market movements, all you need to focus on is the fundamentals because no matter whether it's crypto market or fiat stocks, you need to learn the fundamentals of trading, they apply everywhere.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
May 18, 2021, 07:50:49 PM
Emotions and greed are human traits that cannot be avoided. Everyone has it but with different limitations. what becomes very important is how to regulate emotions properly so as not to be too greedy to take advantage. The main goal or strategy must be set in order to achieve what has been planned. learning trading discipline is very important.

It is better to make a small profit often than to bet your money on an undetermined threshold. Because some of the predictions that will be made will not be accurate. securing better capital.
True, I believe that greed is human nature and we can't completely remove it. Setting up limitations will significantly reduce it to the extent that we can't call it greed. Recently I've been contented on any profit that I can get from my trades on this past few weeks, I don't exceed more than the target profit I set up on my trade to avoid losing because of greed. You will never lose trade if you profit from it, so profit is always a profit.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
May 18, 2021, 05:14:28 PM
nothing that can be done  should affect what you will do in your daily work. because the pressure in trading makes you unable to regulate the emotions that can change the behavior that occurs. but that it is true that sometimes emotions can affect us mentally not to be patient in taking what steps we might take.

But in a long journey, of course everyone can make improvements and manage everything well, because if everything is done emotionally, then whatever we are going to do can obviously have an effect and the possibility of not being successful is greater than success itself. need a process and that process will run with developments as long as we continue to do this.
It is a double edged sword. When you are trading and you are doing bad, that impacts your regular work life and you are doing bad at your work as well or do not want to work at all because you are upset over the fact that you lost money on trading BUT you also have regular life being bad or your work being bad that day or your boss gets angry and yells at you that day which results with you trading badly that day as well. Basically your life and crypto trading all impacts each other, one is bad equals the other is bad and that is the problem.

I personally think that the people who can trade very well no matter what are the true traders, I can't do that. Me personally I like long term holding because that is the thing that impacts me the most and helps me with the profit, if I decided to become a good trader I would have to get rid of all the emotions and that is very hard to do for me.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
May 18, 2021, 04:17:16 PM

And regulating emotions and handling out yourself would really be varying on someones self control and self realizations which would really differ into each person because
not all would really be having the same mindset when it comes to dealing up with things and this is why we do see different reactions and actions made by each one of us.
Bad trades are inevitable because no matter how good your technicals and emotion handling but if the market turns out to be bitter or simply goes to the opposite
side then theres nothing we can do about it but consider it as a loss.It all matters with acceptance and learning on every trade made.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1815
Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures
May 18, 2021, 03:08:23 PM

Activity: 1652
Merit: 299
May 18, 2021, 03:08:05 PM
the biggest impacts to our psychology? maybe the media, the news, the rumors.
we read something and anticipate that it will move 'others' and so we act on our own.
we do it, but we have no idea what it should mean. what should a musk tweet mean to a price? 3%? 10%?
Yes it is very important to avoid these things, and know where you really stand when you’re trading or investing. The problem I have had sometimes that made me sell some of my tokens is usually because I am in need of the money at the moment, and sometimes when I am in need of the money the market will be going down and I will have no other option than to sell the tokens or coins and use the money for whatever it is that I want to use it for.

It’s not easy because you can’t keep that money there when you have a pressing need that you really need to solve once and for all. That’s why it’s very important to have enough funds that you will still have for running some other issues and then also have funds that you invest in assets like this without touching them no matter what.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
May 18, 2021, 01:06:12 PM
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
May 18, 2021, 10:09:32 AM
It is nature as a human being, may we could change some but not the entire YOU. Because when struggles and difficulties had come, the true YOU will come out and act like a human being.

We can't the truth that trading is difficult, you will lose, you will win, and all of these things matter on our behavior as it basically affects our decision making. Because we all can control this (emotion), it for sure we all succeed and get rich but unfortunately, it is really impossible. And I think we don't need to stop it but just to be comfortable with what we doing.
agree, nothing that can be done  should affect what you will do in your daily work. because the pressure in trading makes you unable to regulate the emotions that can change the behavior that occurs. but that it is true that sometimes emotions can affect us mentally not to be patient in taking what steps we might take.

But in a long journey, of course everyone can make improvements and manage everything well, because if everything is done emotionally, then whatever we are going to do can obviously have an effect and the possibility of not being successful is greater than success itself. need a process and that process will run with developments as long as we continue to do this.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
May 18, 2021, 06:59:00 AM
~snip
It is nature as a human being, may we could change some but not the entire YOU. Because when struggles and difficulties had come, the true YOU will come out and act like a human being.

We can't the truth that trading is difficult, you will lose, you will win, and all of these things matter on our behavior as it basically affects our decision making. Because we all can control this (emotion), it for sure we all succeed and get rich but unfortunately, it is really impossible. And I think we don't need to stop it but just to be comfortable with what we doing.
Well, you can change someone and remove what their former habits were when they are young, yes sometimes the repressed self can rear its ugly head but sometimes it won't matter and easily manageable if you know how to control your emotions. If you let losing or winning in trading affect you in your trading then you are probably doing something wrong.
Activity: 1140
Merit: 103
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
May 18, 2021, 06:42:00 AM
Greed and Fear are by far 2 main reasons why most traders especially start ups or beginner traders fail at there trades. They some how make you to stay or live too early on a trade.

Greed is simply a feeling if not being satisfied with what your getting out of a trade, not knowing when you've made the most benefits and as such, you want to have it all. Eventually, it lingers until you lose it all.

Fear circulates around your perceptions or feeling about the market. Not being sure of any decision of the market and as such, you don't know whne to get in or get out.

Greed and Fear are 2 emotions that needs mastering and not mastering these emotions could mean an unsteady trader and that is all it takes to lose at your trades.
I agree that fear is one of the biggest problem as a trader, because i experience trading with fear specialy when the token or coin you trade slowly dropping fear is always there in trading beause trading involves money. Greed also is a big problem because it is hard to control.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 504
May 17, 2021, 01:43:09 PM
Greed and Fear are by far 2 main reasons why most traders especially start ups or beginner traders fail at there trades. They some how make you to stay or live too early on a trade.

Greed is simply a feeling if not being satisfied with what your getting out of a trade, not knowing when you've made the most benefits and as such, you want to have it all. Eventually, it lingers until you lose it all.

Fear circulates around your perceptions or feeling about the market. Not being sure of any decision of the market and as such, you don't know whne to get in or get out.

Greed and Fear are 2 emotions that needs mastering and not mastering these emotions could mean an unsteady trader and that is all it takes to lose at your trades.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
May 17, 2021, 01:03:50 PM
many books advice to trade in smaller steps.  dont go with a gut feeling, set a goal and stick to it.
There are lots of measurements are available to stop bad trading but when a trader is not able to follow them then finding out the reasons for bad trade or solutions for avoiding bad trade, nothing will make any impact. I mean advises on bad trading is most common but when a trader is not sticking to their plan, then no one could help them in any means.

the problem are the reason behind, mostly psychological reasons.
Yeah, bad trades is mostly caused by psychological things. I believe only through experiences, we can fix psychological reasons. This is why naive traders are more frequently facing losses and experienced traders also not able to control their emotions all the times hence they also face losses time to time.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 102
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
May 17, 2021, 10:48:11 AM
For me, control emotion is something that people will need really long time to master it. Maybe with practice, technical analysis can be mastered. But control emotion to be not greed and panic is hard to do, even some traders who in years trading sometimes can't control their emotion and ended with lose their assets.
It's difficult because emotions are habits we formed when we are young and you know what they say, old habits die hard, yes it is hard to control emotion but I am sure that if you are smart enough, you can even disregard it and just move on and be patient, I think that being patient is easier than controlling your emotions.

right, psychology is the main thing in trading. many people are still following their emotions to get a lot of money and in a short time, I think that kind of thinking doesn't have to happen, because in the end we will lose everything we have. besides, trading techniques must be learned, so that we have a reason for every transaction
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1232
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
May 17, 2021, 11:17:37 AM
There are lots of reasons why trading turns out to be bad and that includes the decision being driven by emotions that combines with greed for wanting more even the goal you have set have already been achieved. People are having a hard time doing decision making when it comes to trading making them to be successful or the other way around. The result of your trading will depend upon how you deal with the situation on hand and make it assured that you will gain profit or have loss in the end. The sake of your trading relies not just on the strategy but also the way you make up things into your mind to decide the next move you will make.
Pages:
Jump to: