Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 59. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
July 03, 2018, 10:19:27 AM
The reason for the failure of ico is that the promotion has not done well as well as they have many inadequacies about how the process and their products have not really attracted the community.
Activity: 523
Merit: 300
July 03, 2018, 10:10:56 AM
Over valuation of tokens is one of the main reasons. Why will some one pay 10 cents/token, without any value. Moreover shady background details with no idea what private investor is another scam. After the ICO, those tokens are dumped into the market, and small guys get fried.
Activity: 2
July 03, 2018, 07:51:57 AM
How to define if some I CO scam or not ? I have heard there is a I CO coming in market and the Founder have very strong background in different business associated with BIG brands and their I CO is for ASM community in Africa and they are removing middle man so they can get what they deserve but their Token amount is 2USD how to check their authenticity?
Activity: 92
July 03, 2018, 07:44:16 AM
There are many reasons for the failure of ICO, but I think the reason for most of the ICO's failure is because their projects are completely unrelated to the blockchain
Activity: 77
July 03, 2018, 05:19:06 AM
The tokens created must provide practicality in the ecosystem they are in and can increase the network effect. ICO tokens must be part of the company's business model. Many tokens are not practical, and failure is a matter of course.
Activity: 868
Merit: 106
July 02, 2018, 12:54:44 PM
I think nowadays more and more ICO apply new concept, I read almost all ICO whitepaper that exist. but I think that the problem is not the concept but the current Crypto deployment is stalled. due to investor stagnation.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
July 02, 2018, 12:38:29 PM
ICOs are falling due to because of the project behind it which is very important. If the project doesn't have any unique product or a service then the demand for the ICOs automatically fall. And, ultimately the ICO got dropped.
Activity: 84
July 02, 2018, 12:36:18 PM
other reason is that false information about cryptocurrency that deceive or make the future investment afraid to invest on the project or any other altcoin. Second is that the project is not really well presented and lack of preparation.
Activity: 98
Merit: 4
July 02, 2018, 12:34:21 PM
The tokens created must provide practicality in the ecosystem they are in and can increase the network effect. ICO tokens must be part of the company's business model. Many tokens are not practical, and failure is a matter of course.
Activity: 34
July 02, 2018, 01:21:59 AM
Sometimes I feel some projects are all about branding, the majority of the ICO projects are about sales and marketing.

I personally market several projects: the retention rate for ICO with a decent project is much higher than the the mediocre one. I think fundamentally ICO fail because of the product fails to meet its promises.

I think one of the main reason ICO's fail is because of the team behind the project and marketing because the product will be deliver after the ICO so they need to attract investors to put money on their project, also partners and advisors helps the ICO to be trustworthy.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
July 01, 2018, 09:23:48 AM
Some ICO's failed maybe due to lack of preparations and promotions and the team developer is not well experienced.
Activity: 143
Merit: 1
July 01, 2018, 08:44:10 AM
I think there are still a few reasons why ICO fail:
 - Lack of competent developers of the project.
 - Bad and not effective PR company.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
July 01, 2018, 08:36:27 AM
adding to what you have explained above, the other reasons why ICO fail include crypto market volatility. as we all know the many ICO already have a targeted hardcap which is established base on the crypto market price at that period. in some situation during the ICO when the price of the crypto fall just like what we are witnessing now. the ICO may be affected by not selling enough token required for the project. another reason is due to some investors and bounty hunters that take their investment and dump token especially when the token is available on the exchange. some ICO are now very smart. they now lock token for bounty hunters for period of time to avoid massive dumping of the token.
Jpt
Activity: 374
Merit: 1
July 01, 2018, 07:41:35 AM
Many ICOs have failed just because them do not have any real purpose. They come just to collect money. Reports have said that many new ICOs are turning to be just scams. One question that strikes my mind is why regulators are not tightening screw on such fake ICOs, thus saving people and investors?
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
July 01, 2018, 07:35:09 AM
There are indeed reasons why ico fail and most of them do reach their ultimate goal for their project, some of them did not find suitable market place where they can put their ico still some of them continue but given another chance to recover for whatever their loss or shortcoming is,.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
July 01, 2018, 07:27:03 AM
People are blaming bearish market but if the project is good, icos still getting money.

But ok projects, or bad projects can't get any funds right now.

Look at Enlte for example, they probably raised more than 15m already. If a project is good, it will always find a way to get good funding.
I think 60% is due to the market down and many investors will be greatly affected on their investment. There are many really good projects in recent months but they have not received the attention of the community due to the downside. Personally if you want ICO to achieve Hard Cap then we should wait for the real market recovery, the demand for ICO investment will increase.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
July 01, 2018, 07:26:11 AM

I think that now the root cause is a long bear market. Secondly, most projects are a copy of existing projects. And in a third a lot of ICO want to create a blockchain project in which the blockchain is not needed at all.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
July 01, 2018, 07:18:47 AM
One reason why ICO fails is that maybe it has a low budget in their promotions of the project, and another reason might be the team have not made a good strategy of their platform, and the project might be similar to previous projects which have already launched.
Activity: 252
Merit: 103
July 01, 2018, 07:01:44 AM
It should be noted that the market for primary coin placement continues to evolve, and a high share of failures is the norm for startups in any market. ICO is a victim of its own success. Jeff Coyen: "It's great to collect money without sacrificing capital.  Most founders of companies funded through ICO, still control their companies.  They have advisors, not directors;  they have tokens holders, not shareholders.  But without traditional accountability, founders and team members may lack discipline.  In short, money was too easy for further productive development of the project. "  Are we expecting further failures of ICO?  Yes, but this does not mean that you need to stop investing.  In fact, the principles of investment remain the same as they always are.  The increase in the number of ICOs only means that investors will have to make more efforts to select the most promising projects.
Activity: 92
July 01, 2018, 05:48:40 AM
I think one of the main reason ICO's fail is because of the team behind the project and marketing because the product will be deliver after the ICO so they need to attract investors to put money on their project, also partners and advisors helps the ICO to be trustworthy.
Pages:
Jump to: