Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 55. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 253
Merit: 100
July 14, 2018, 07:48:05 PM
Most of them are based on fiction. Their ideas can be nice, but they don't know whether it will work or not in the future.
Teams are created by random guys and they don't know can they execute their task in highest level.

That's why it's super important to know if project has a working prototype (MVP), strong team and solid history.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
July 14, 2018, 07:43:02 PM
Loss of trust has already been added to all this. According to statistics, not only 50%, but as many as 91 ... unsuccessful projects. To date, wetting in ico, in general there is no desire.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
July 14, 2018, 07:36:52 PM
Now it's definitely the best time to invest but the company needs to read the white paper well to make sure everything is fine.

No. the price of all the ICO's are constantly droping (well, once that they join an exchange) but this is weird, i have never seen this situation before (like last year)

I prefer to invest once that  the ICO is finally over.

ICO failed for a lot of reasons, Poor market strategy, White paper did not attract future investors, fundamentals cracks, no good support system, and timing of Launching is also critical for one ICO to attract investors in the market.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 14, 2018, 07:31:49 PM
Projects are less attractive and seem to have been widely used, coin or token prices are too expensive and not. According to the number of supplies, the crypto market conditions are decreasing.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 269
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 14, 2018, 07:29:33 PM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.
Aside from the capability of the project and good marketing of the developers, the reason why some ICOs fail is due to the small amount of tokens they share to the bounty campaigns. Most of the bounty hunters want to participate in a bounty campaign that has large pool. As we all know, bounty campaigns market the project publicly. Unfortunately, those bounty campaigns that has huge pool are scam and we lose an effort in a scam project. Therefore, genuine projects fail because of limited participants in bounty campaigns.
Activity: 350
Merit: 4
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
July 14, 2018, 07:28:44 PM
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"

Everything is much easier)
Now the market has strongly sagged, Fiat in a cryptщ is replenished all less.
More than 50% of projects, frank scam, even at the initial stage it is visible.
Investors have become more cautious.
Activity: 448
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
July 14, 2018, 07:24:22 PM
So many reasons why ICO fails but i think the common reasons why ICO fails is because of the team. A team with a very poor composition will likely affect the results of the crowdfunding period as investors would unlikely invest on their ICO which also causes the ICO to fail to reach even just their softcap.
Activity: 98
July 14, 2018, 07:21:33 PM
There is no actual demand for the project.
Many ICO teams have come up with a project and then naively believe that this project will change the world to change the universe. But they never think about what the public really needs.
Activity: 35
July 14, 2018, 07:13:43 PM
Some ICOs fail because they where overly ambitious while many failed because they lack good project idea that will attract the attention of heavy weight investors.
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
July 14, 2018, 07:13:32 PM
There are many reasons behind ICO fail. But I think the most reason is scam project. We have seen a lot of scam ICO project in this 6 Months. Many good rated ICO was a scam like hashcard, Denaro. Many Good Rated Projects failed to make the soft cap, like, Gilgamesh. Almost every month, many ICO Projects were a scam, therefore huge ICO Projects are coming without any stable product and the common problem is The crypto market is too bad.

For these reasons, many Investors are moving away from the crypto ICO. And, in my view, These reasons are the only reasons why investors are not investing in ICO Projects.
Activity: 378
Merit: 12
July 14, 2018, 07:07:47 PM
At the moment we are seeing a downtrend in the industry, and few people want to invest in such a time. Also, scam projects that simply want to collect money have not gone away anywhere
Activity: 137
July 14, 2018, 07:06:11 PM
Nice points you have listed over there and another thing is team abadoning projects halfway into it and not meeting roadmaps is really another issue after icos have been successful. Cryptocurrency needs regulations no doubt.
Activity: 812
July 14, 2018, 07:00:54 PM
Developers always plan a lot, overestimate their abilities and in the future they can not complete the project to the end. On the other hand, if the marketing campaign was poorly organized, then only few people invest money and there is no money to develop the project  Undecided
I agree because they need to organize it well don't always make a plan but needs of action too. Sometimes most ico is more focusing on collecting from investors but they not fully organized their project.
Activity: 102
July 14, 2018, 07:00:06 PM
ICOs has not only been characterized by a high risk factor but also high rate of failure,a number of ICOs out there don't make if it mainly because of poor projects they operate on on, the product they present to the market is either not needed, or there are a number of such in the market already. An in effective development team also is one of the main reasons as to why ICOs. Fail
Activity: 123
July 14, 2018, 06:54:51 PM
I think that many projects that use ICO to call for capital and fraudulent money in the eyes of ICO people are getting worse. That makes many investors less trust in the ICO also they only short-term investment and led to that ICO failed before reaching the final goal.
Activity: 252
July 14, 2018, 06:54:21 PM

The redundancy of the project, failed marketing and I guess the most obvious part is , some ICO's after being concluded just fail to deliver what they promise, joined a project late december sadly that project just doesnt care not being listed in some major exchange to create volume and demand.
Recently, with the development of blockchain technology, the ICO has become a booming boom around the world. A successful ICO needs a combination of a number of factors, including a number of key elements such as a good idea, a technology solution, a talented and dedicated team, a team The lack of any of these factors can also lead to the failure of an ICO, even if the project is considered to be potential.
Activity: 350
July 14, 2018, 06:51:20 PM
I think that ICO fail because they are engaged in scammers who try only to get money and not to promote their technologies.
This is mostly true. Normally people think ICO price is very cheap and they can get a lot of profit simply by buying early into ICO. But I see the opposite: the ICO price is too high for a product only existing on paper. That is why I will never be involved in any ICO.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
July 14, 2018, 06:47:14 PM
To me, the truth of the matter is that most of the ICOs that failed were designed to fail either knowingly or unknowingly by the team or developers. Some persons just jump out of nowhere without a solid team or a prerequisite knowledge about the blockchain, their so-called product, the right audience, and how they intend to market it. Often a times, they have no clear vision. Some of them are usually more interested in the profits they will make, and are quick to punch with calculators what they will gain if a certain quantity of their tokens are bought at a set price.

from my experience developing an ico, i must say this is close to the truth without a determined founder, 99.9% of ico teams are just gay friendship asociations nothing longterm or substantial like you can see on the centered in core one man shows in the industry.

regards
Activity: 322
July 14, 2018, 06:41:37 PM
I think the reasons why ICO fails is because of its inconsistency and not reaching its goal cap, Lost of funds or weak marketing strategy is one of those reasons, the background and achievements of the team can be a huge factor also.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
July 14, 2018, 06:25:09 PM
To me, the truth of the matter is that most of the ICOs that failed were designed to fail either knowingly or unknowingly by the team or developers. Some persons just jump out of nowhere without a solid team or a prerequisite knowledge about the blockchain, their so-called product, the right audience, and how they intend to market it. Often a times, they have no clear vision. Some of them are usually more interested in the profits they will make, and are quick to punch with calculators what they will gain if a certain quantity of their tokens are bought at a set price.
Some ICO are failed due to the undemand of there promoting coin in where not to achieved there targets during presale time .There are only few who are buying and the targets they expect not reach.
Pages:
Jump to: