Pages:
Author

Topic: Received more cryptocurrencies than I should - page 2. (Read 455 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

the right thing to do is to tell them about it and send the coins back to them. or you could play dumb. i doubt the blockchain will tell a lie they will eventually see what happen anytime soon.

but would you like to play with it? I will if it happens to my account, its kind of a dummy account that you get to have a capital to trade. very tempting because there is nothing to lose Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 62
Hello, I received cryptocurrencies that do not belongs me.

First of all, I send a transaction to an exchange wallet, but it didn´t come, than I wrote on support and it takes around 10 days to solve it. But I received 10 times more than the original amount was. Since I passed KYC on this exchange I do not have many options what can I do, only report that case and return money.? But could I claim some % for kind behavior, or not? What should I do? If I do not report it, it is a criminal activity?

Just asking, I really do not know what is the best thing what I can do now.

Tell the exchange you got money that is not yours. btw what exchange is this?
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
Sounds like you're caught in a moral dilemma...If I were you, I'd return the money, not because the exchange has my KYC and IP so, they could easily find me if i didn't return the funds, but because I believe in karma, plus if you want money, you gotta earn it.

And something like bug bounty can´t be claimed in this situation?
Is the exchange offering a bug bounty? If not, then no, you can't claim anything since you didn't find a bug in their system that can be exploited.

The transaction refers to a transaction on the blockchain but with diffrent numbers, still thinking how it is possible.
It was probably a human error, just report it and they'll probably give you a 'thank you note' and you'll feel good for the rest of the day for doing what was right.

Btw, good read: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/jan/09/bank-account-250000-error
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
And something like bug bounty can´t be claimed in this situation?

The transaction refers to a transaction on the blockchain but with diffrent numbers, still thinking how it is possible.
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
Hello, I received cryptocurrencies that do not belongs me.

First of all, I send a transaction to an exchange wallet, but it didn´t come, than I wrote on support and it takes around 10 days to solve it. But I received 10 times more than the original amount was. Since I passed KYC on this exchange I do not have many options what can I do, only report that case and return money.? But could I claim some % for kind behavior, or not? What should I do? If I do not report it, it is a criminal activity?

Pages:
Jump to: