Pages:
Author

Topic: Recently started to try HDD Mining - page 3. (Read 21525 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 02:25:12 PM
Woah this is my first time hearing about HDD mining. I thought it was a joke when I first read the title, but turns out it's legit! I've got a lot of spare hard drives, both internal and external just sitting around. I found a site that had a getting started guide for mining Storj using an app called Storj Share. Before I jump right in, is there anywhere else I can get more information about this or any recommendations? This is the first time I'm just learning about this so I know next to nothing at the moment and don't want to be led astray with malicious sites.
Activity: 65
February 13, 2018, 01:56:32 PM
Didn't BURST get hacked before? I'm sticking with STORJ

what about the earning's with STORJ ?

Dont know yet, just started in the beginning of this month. And apparently they only pay out once each month. And the amount of coins you get depends on how many ppl used their service, and how many if those ppl used your harddrives combined with how many gb u uploaded. The coin has almost 50x the value of BURST, so will be fun to see the amount one will get. Smiley

okay nice pls share ur experience with us Smiley

i finally finished plooting my hdd. now i need one burst to start mining....

can somebody pls send me one to that adress: BURST-3YJM-BXGF-M5EM-73CUE

THX
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
February 10, 2018, 08:52:36 AM

Dont know yet, just started in the beginning of this month. And apparently they only pay out once each month. And the amount of coins you get depends on how many ppl used their service, and how many if those ppl used your harddrives combined with how many gb u uploaded. The coin has almost 50x the value of BURST, so will be fun to see the amount one will get. Smiley
Activity: 2
February 09, 2018, 04:51:04 PM
I use this pool and i am happy with the results:
https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/

0-100 means that you don't get rewarded if you find a block but you get all the rewards (%100) from your historical shares. I started with https://50-50-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/ when i first started to mine in January and it was horrible. I was still plotting my HDD's at that time maybe that was the reason. (probably not, see below) I wasn't making the coins the calculator was saying. (https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/tool/calculate)

In a 50-50 pool you get half of the historical shares and half of the block reward. The problem is you'll never find a block unless you have over 100TB. So I was just wasting my time on 50-50 with my few TB's.

0-100 guru is the best if you are mining on a few TB's  like me.

Thanks for this! Been mining for 24 hrs on that pool on the 50-50 one and noticed I got sweet nothing
good one. i use it too
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
February 09, 2018, 03:56:42 PM
Start AT LEAST where you left off.

Ok, that is what I did on HD2...

Funny... Claymore added new dual mining options to his miner. I've mined more $$$ worth of XVG in 30 minutes on that than I have in 2 days of Burst mining... lol
Activity: 182
February 09, 2018, 03:00:32 PM
Start AT LEAST where you left off.
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
February 09, 2018, 09:06:00 AM
I finished gpu plotting (optimized) my first 8tb drive yesterday. It took about 27 hours with an RX 550 4GB. I've started my second 8tb drive and have one more to do after that.

Question: Does anyone know if the starting nonce can be 0 for each drive, or do I have to start where I left off on the previous drive?
February 08, 2018, 06:35:20 PM

Activity: 20
February 08, 2018, 07:52:12 AM
February 08, 2018, 06:42:33 AM
Alright.

I'm mining with BurstNeon but I can't remember the reward scheme, nor can I find it on the web (Huh). Does someone know?
February 07, 2018, 08:42:34 PM
So you've got the same storage space allocated to each solution and you've started your experiments at the same time?

Not really, but if i know the sizes of both and the reward i could easily calculate the profits using any size. Even if i did have the same storage space allocated for both, to factor in problems with pools etc etc would still throw the experiment out the window. What im trying to do here is to see if its even doable. Its looking good so far, and im running 6 GPU mining on the same computer without even the slightest problem.
February 07, 2018, 08:03:52 PM
I feel like there are more blocks mined today, am I wrong?
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
February 07, 2018, 03:33:49 PM

haha ok i'll think about getting some more TB Cheesy

how much power does a single HDD pull while mining?

Next to nothing.

You are reading your plots while you mine which consumes not much. The writing process is what creates major stress on the HDD's, not reading. Luckily we plot only once.

Btw, mining became incredibly painful i am starting to regret getting into this.  Grin I hope burst prices rise along with its hash rate soon.
February 07, 2018, 02:36:38 PM
Can someone experienced with burst mining explain to me what is happening here?

https://imgur.com/a/02nim

It basically says your miner is out of date. (not enough terabytes)

Miner inflation.

And the only way to fix it is to use more Terabytes? Not change pool to more deadline or downloading another miner?

How do you download another miner? Didn't understand this one.

You can go to another pool which accepts bigger deadlines maybe but still the other dudes will submit by far better deadlines than yours and you'll still get nothing.

Get more terabytes.

so its not worth mining with 2 TB ? Sad

See it yourself.
https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/tool/calculate

That's $2/month. Do you think it is worth it? 1 free beer every month for your efforts. Doesn't sound too bad  Grin

haha ok i'll think about getting some more TB Cheesy

how much power does a single HDD pull while mining?
February 07, 2018, 01:11:06 PM
So you've got the same storage space allocated to each solution and you've started your experiments at the same time?
February 07, 2018, 12:22:00 PM
Just wanted to update: Mining away with both Burst mining and Storj Share to compare what is most profitable (if it even is) at the end of the month! Will come back with the results and if any of you have questions just ask, this is for us GPU miners who have completly neglected the HDD miners!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
February 05, 2018, 02:39:15 PM

Miner inflation.

And the only way to fix it is to use more Terabytes? Not change pool to more deadline or downloading another miner?

You can go to another pool which accepts bigger deadlines maybe but still the other dudes will submit by far better deadlines than yours and you'll still get nothing.

Get more terabytes.

See it yourself.
https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/tool/calculate

That's $2/month. Do you think it is worth it? 1 free beer every month for your efforts. Doesn't sound too bad  Grin
February 05, 2018, 02:34:04 PM

Miner inflation.

Get more terabytes.

February 05, 2018, 01:45:22 PM
Because the miner is a piece of software.
The thing that makes heat and noise in your room is a rig.
February 05, 2018, 01:42:11 PM

Miner inflation.

Get more terabytes.

Alright now i get it, thank you for your help and patiance.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: