Pages:
Author

Topic: Recently started to try HDD Mining - page 6. (Read 21525 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 10
February 03, 2018, 08:27:34 AM
HDD mining has been around for a while now, with such long times between payouts, some unscrupulous mining pools have signed up members then shut down shop and run off with the funds, choose wisely in your pools, there are lots of recommendations such as on forums like this and crypto mining reviews web sites.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
February 03, 2018, 08:15:50 AM
Do u run these HDD with ur gpu rig? And how much power do they pull?
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
February 03, 2018, 05:24:22 AM
I use this pool and i am happy with the results:
https://0-100-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/

0-100 means that you don't get rewarded if you find a block but you get all the rewards (%100) from your historical shares. I started with https://50-50-pool.burst.cryptoguru.org/ when i first started to mine in January and it was horrible. I was still plotting my HDD's at that time maybe that was the reason. (probably not, see below) I wasn't making the coins the calculator was saying. (https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/tool/calculate)

In a 50-50 pool you get half of the historical shares and half of the block reward. The problem is you'll never find a block unless you have over 100TB. So I was just wasting my time on 50-50 with my few TB's.

0-100 guru is the best if you are mining on a few TB's  like me.
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
February 03, 2018, 05:21:44 AM
Will follow the thread. I have around 200 TB in my studio! I should use it for this!
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
February 03, 2018, 05:12:06 AM
Mining with 3 seagate external 8tb's. Returns are too low at the moment. The time i decided to mine BURST my expected ROI was around 6 months. Now its over a year. (I am not complaining though because all alts/btc experiencing this)

One thing i need to mention, never ever try to mine/plot on your 2.5"  ext. drives. They get hot easily and they'll just die because of heat.

*I see you decided to go with storj. I don't know much about storj but burst is not as complicated as many think. Sure it is not download and go but if it was like that it wouldn't be fun. I see burst/hdd mining as a legit competitor to asic&gpu mining. You should try mining burst with a few TB's first maybe you'll like it.

Yeah ive been playing with it, but there is something with a deadline i cannot understand, and i miss it and i dont get shares. Its very weird, do you got any good pools for BURST you can tell me about? the pre determined pools in GUI was shit and with weird deadlines.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
February 03, 2018, 04:58:18 AM
Mining with 3 seagate external 8tb's. Returns are too low at the moment. The time i decided to mine BURST my expected ROI was around 6 months. Now its over a year. (I am not complaining though because all alts/btc experiencing this)

One thing i need to mention, never ever try to mine/plot on your 2.5"  ext. drives. They get hot easily and they'll just die because of heat.

*I see you decided to go with storj. I don't know much about storj but burst is not as complicated as many think. Sure it is not download and go but if it was like that it wouldn't be fun. I see burst/hdd mining as a legit competitor to asic&gpu mining. You should try mining burst with a few TB's first maybe you'll like it.
February 03, 2018, 04:24:27 AM
I'm trying Burst but with a much smaller set up - only around 10TB. The plotting takes forever and I'm mainly using removable drives. I found it a bit tricky to set up as Im used to traditional mining software/bat files etc.

Just make sure with Burst you go to a faucet and get your first coin free and dont use it to change account name you need the coin to set up mining.

Yeah the reason i chose Storj was that i found burst so complicated, with timings and shit. Didnt get it to work properly, and this the plotting time is horrible, especially for larger hard drives like i have. Storj was basicly just download and run, buts its an ERC20 token, and get payed out once a month. Thats the downsidei guess.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
February 03, 2018, 03:53:24 AM
I'm trying Burst but with a much smaller set up - only around 10TB. The plotting takes forever and I'm mainly using removable drives. I found it a bit tricky to set up as Im used to traditional mining software/bat files etc.

Just make sure with Burst you go to a faucet and get your first coin free and dont use it to change account name you need the coin to set up mining.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
February 03, 2018, 03:52:53 AM
Storj if i remember correctly is working like share hdd space.
February 03, 2018, 03:18:02 AM
30Tb on BURST may give you ~1000 coins in a week

At current price that is around 30 dollars, thats not as bad as i tought! Its quite ok accually! Hard drives takes alot less energy and they can hold for years being on 24/7 with alot of stress. You got any experience with Storj Coin?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 03, 2018, 03:02:22 AM
30Tb on BURST may give you ~1000 coins in a week
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
February 03, 2018, 02:54:33 AM
I prepair set up mining with HDD, .... same question with you to all member?

Thanks you!
February 03, 2018, 02:43:00 AM
Hi guys!

Like many of you guys ive mined with GPUs for over two years now, not on a mig scale, but as a hobby since i love the hardware parts of computers. Ive also used CPU mining, even tho its not profitable atm its still doable if you pick the right coin and hope to god it increases in value. If it doesnt, hey who cares. It was fun mining!
Anyway to the point.

I recently took up HDD mining. Or HDD Staking. Whatever you want to call it.
I did some research, and what i found out there are two big players here, Storj and Burst. For what ever reason i decided to try Storj. Since im a hardware freak i had about 30TB of harddrives laying around in my home, and now im completly set up and started mining.

There is not much about it on this forum, and the posts/topics that relate to HDD minig are outdated. Thats why i wanted to start this one.

What might i expect? Is it profitable? Is it laughable? Is the coin i chose "Storj" a joke?

Let me hear your inputs, toughts and maybe share some of your experience as we all always do in this community!
Pages:
Jump to: