Pages:
Author

Topic: Recommended bitcointalk escrow services - page 2. (Read 36709 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
January 08, 2021, 05:22:51 AM
Hi everyone apologies for not keeping an eye on this thread, I used to get emails telling me when someone had commented but haven't had any.

Long story short I'm out of the game now so hadn't' been logging in anymore. I still have an interest but not as much as before.

I'll get in touch with each escrow later today or tomorrow to see if they're still offering the service and if anything needs updating. Or they can contact me in the meantime.

If some are removed then perhaps there are some other good trusted escrows I can add?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
January 05, 2021, 04:08:38 PM
Also to mention it here, current pricing would make me lower my min fee to 3 mBTC. Please update when you have time. Thank you!
legendary
December 29, 2020, 09:02:49 AM
It's best to write as few as possible on here in order to not violate some hidden rule, it seems. I do not really appreciate that feeling.

It's not a hidden rule, plagiarism was always a bannable offense. People who pass off other users' posts as their own tend to do it on more than one occasion. Imagine what the mess the forum would be if a lot more users were to spam it with copy-pasted posts, inevitably scaring away worthwhile contributors.

That's for sure, especially since there are tools like XRumer that just would try to farm accounts like that. Or users that want to earn from sig campaigns. However, in that case it feels like the full heavyness of the law fell down for a really small problem. I mean one could say the rules are the same for everyone but the rule came into place for some special cases his post probably didn't fit in.

The worst thing about it is that the forum only has 2 bans. If you had a timed ban then the next one will take you out. Which is horrible and especially when you are a long time and established user on here you nearly has to fear someone crawling behind you just for the purpose of finding a little offense that could kill you for bitcointalk indefinitely. The more you post the higher the risk and the longer you are on here the higher the risk as well.

But it's probably not the right place to discuss this here. Or maybe it is since most escrows are long time members that would not want to risk their accounts just to being able to copy a post for whatever reason. It just doesn't make sense that copying that post was worth anything near to it when he was aware of what he did. Or even did in intentially which is who the rule was made for, users that intentionally post copies to push their post count to earn from sigs or level up.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
December 29, 2020, 12:34:24 AM
It's best to write as few as possible on here in order to not violate some hidden rule, it seems. I do not really appreciate that feeling.

It's not a hidden rule, plagiarism was always a bannable offense. People who pass off other users' posts as their own tend to do it on more than one occasion. Imagine what the mess the forum would be if a lot more users were to spam it with copy-pasted posts, inevitably scaring away worthwhile contributors.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
December 27, 2020, 12:36:16 PM
Not sure what his ban was about though.

As far as I see, he was baned for plagiarism, according to Cyrus: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51144345.

Not sure why he would copy a sentence, maybe it was his second account. In any case it's somewhat weird that you get banned for that as a legit and established account that would likely not spam posts for sig campaigns or something.

yes, it is very easy to get banned - I was banned for a ref link that was for tracking purposes - which Cyrus told me was ok - but another mod decided it was worth banning me for - banned me 3 days for 1 link (first offense) and then upped it to 7 days (because I had 2 total posts with the ref link)
legendary
December 27, 2020, 07:20:06 AM

As far as I see, he was baned for plagiarism, according to Cyrus: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51144345.

Not sure why he would copy a sentence, maybe it was his second account. In any case it's somewhat weird that you get banned for that as a legit and established account that would likely not spam posts for sig campaigns or something.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
November 12, 2020, 03:20:09 PM
there is another thread about escrow providers. There are several - some updated, some not.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-bitcointalks-escrow-providers-ranking-blacklist-avoid-scam-276897

That topic mentioned by you is very old (2013) and I had the impression that it is not updated. Now I see it was updated this month. I'll write there my suggestions as well, thanks for the heads-up!

legendary
November 12, 2020, 02:36:43 PM
thank you for the reccomendation!

No worries Smiley But I think it's more important to see if OP will come back online to update the topic, as he is away for more than 1 month... In case he won't come back, maybe another topic should be created, a properly updated one.

there is another thread about escrow providers. There are several - some updated, some not.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-bitcointalks-escrow-providers-ranking-blacklist-avoid-scam-276897
legendary
November 12, 2020, 01:55:08 PM
thank you for the reccomendation!

No worries Smiley But I think it's more important to see if OP will come back online to update the topic, as he is away for more than 1 month... In case he won't come back, maybe another topic should be created, a properly updated one.
legendary
legendary
November 12, 2020, 09:34:26 AM
Just wanted to say that bans can happen quickly on here. I also had a short ban once because of one of the inofficial forum rules that said that I can't create multiple posts one after another in a thread. I wanted to answer everyone properly so that was that. Cheesy

Better use a divider and collect all answers to different users in the same post. Just saying it's easy to get caught in a rule you don't know is worth a ban. Not sure what his ban was about though.
legendary
November 12, 2020, 03:29:02 AM
This topic needs a serious revamp. Some of the users mentioned in OP should be removed, while others should be added.

DarkStar_ should be removed from OP as he is not offering escrow services anymore:

My service is no longer active.

Lutpin should also be removed as I didn't see any topic where he announced that he is offering escrow services.

bittawm's ANN thread is missing from OP; here it is: Bittawms Legendary Escrow Service - 0.9% BTC. However, the user was banned in the past, according to LoyceV:

He's banned:
    27. Legendary bittawm (Trust: 118: -0 / +13) (45 Merit earned (history)) (BPIP)

He was later unbanned, but I don't know if an ex-banned user can be considered reliable for acting as escrow.

Other users from OP should be asked if they are willing to offer escrow services anymore. One example is John K., which is mostly inactive for months.

Besides, other reliabe users are offering escrow services and they should be added to OP. Such examples are yogg ([ESCROW] 🌠 yogg's escrow service ⭐ BTC & Alts ⭐ Fast ⭐ Reliable ⭐ Secure 🌠) or MoparMiningLLC (offering escrow services).
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130
November 09, 2020, 06:50:10 AM
Hello, I'm looking for an escrow service. Are the people on the list still doing it? I will be appreciated if you can PM.
Thanks.
Mostly yes, most of them still do escrow. Just shoot a pm to them (my recommendation is either minerjones or SFR10, since both of them are very active)
Activity: 290
Merit: 1
November 09, 2020, 06:42:04 AM
Hello, I'm looking for an escrow service. Are the people on the list still doing it? I will be appreciated if you can PM.
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 29, 2020, 12:21:56 PM
anyone know or used https://www.escrow.com
?

this service legit or scam??
I did some digging and found two comments that would answer your question [to an extent]:
- AFAIK, they don't accept BTCitcoin payments and I prefer not to vouch for their services [DYOR] so you're better off using one of the escrow providers from this forum.

Ebay only endorses one Escrow service, Escrow.com. You can read eBay's Escrow Policy here. They only recommend an escrow service for vehicle pruchases, but it is allowed for any purchase. There are escrow fees, so you won't be able to under-cut credit card and paypal users (Fee Schedule $25 minimum).

~Snipped~
~Snipped~

inb4 escrow.com is shut down and all innocent funds seized because of guilt by association.
legendary
September 29, 2020, 10:40:06 AM
hi

?

i think most here will use the trusted forum escrow providers - lower fees and less risk.
legendary
Activity: 1398
Merit: 1001
September 29, 2020, 10:17:38 AM
hi

?

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
holy shit, thank you!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Hey, i´m an argentinian starting with the bitcoin business, and i have invested in Livestock since i had enought money to be accepted in a scrow, and the meat here is very cheaper everyday due to the crisis and the Coronavirus, and i have all the information and contacts to start a scrow based on argentine Livestock, one that you can pay in Bitcoins and your money will be secure in the international price of cows (i am currently investing in fields from all around the country, most of our meat goes to China and then the UE, and is currently the second most valuable in the market after the USA one), so, my question is, what is the requierement for being aproved as a official scrow and start looking for funding?

I am willing to explain all in detail to whoever is interested, basically you pay Bitcoins now and will recibe cows in the future (i will explain you all your guarantees and risks, and be the nexus between you and the argentine farmer.

This thread is to find a trusted intermediary for a transactions with a potentially untrustworthy party. What you're looking for are forward contracts, I believe, so wrong section, Services, Marketplace or maybe Securities would be a better place to post.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Hey, i´m an argentinian starting with the bitcoin business, and i have invested in Livestock since i had enought money to be accepted in a scrow, and the meat here is very cheaper everyday due to the crisis and the Coronavirus, and i have all the information and contacts to start a scrow based on argentine Livestock, one that you can pay in Bitcoins and your money will be secure in the international price of cows (i am currently investing in fields from all around the country, most of our meat goes to China and then the UE, and is currently the second most valuable in the market after the USA one), so, my question is, what is the requierement for being aproved as a official scrow and start looking for funding?

I am willing to explain all in detail to whoever is interested, basically you pay Bitcoins now and will recibe cows in the future (i will explain you all your guarantees and risks, and be the nexus between you and the argentine farmer.

Wow. Well... Um.... This is something different than the purpose of this thread I think. Maybe you should post this on services board instead?
Pages:
Jump to: