Pages:
Author

Topic: RED Trust...is it enough for fraudulent work ??? - page 3. (Read 2245 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 279
The thing is trust is not moderated. Maybe if it will be in the future, we can talk about some "standards/guidelines" for it.

I have seen a lot of people getting red trust just as a precaution or for intent and not for the actual "bad deed". This is somewhat unfair and should be reconsidered.

Not to mention that there is a lot of red trust sent out regarding merit transactions that is irelevant for the purpose the trust system was created. Theymos himself said that you are welcome to top up anyone whom you think should rank up and I'm not sure why people care about merit that much to send red trust for it.

As OP said, I agree red trust isn't good enough to stop people from doing bad things and we may need to have better punishments for repeat offenders.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
isn't it alarming when we see someone have 1000 merits but got red trust. This kind of profile spoils our forum fame.
If you break forum rules then you should get warned (red tag) it does not matter if you have 1000 merits or you are a legendary member or even admin. Rules are rules. However, a defaulter should have enough rights to explain his reasons. If the reasons are not satisfactory then don't remove the red.

If someone do an on forum bad act (breaking rules) which is confirmed, then tag them but it's too much when you tag someone because you think this could lead to that. The experience you have had and the experience others have are not same besides just because you are a DT does not mean that you are a mind reader.

A confirmed rule breaker should defiantly get red tag, does not matter if he has 1000 merits and even a Legend. And in it I do not see any spoiling on the forum fame.
copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675
As long as you have trust on the DTs judgement, I think red trust should work. Question is/are...

Do we really blindly trust the DTs red trusts?
Have they positioned themselves much higher that no one will questions their red trust? Not from the fear but from the basic moral.
Do they take enough time before leaving a red trust? A wrong red trust left by them can harm the user in many ways.
Do they give the other person enough time to explain? People have reasons for the acts they do. They have the right to explain.
If they make mistake on leaving a red trust do they consider a review standing on a neutral point?

There could be so many parameters to judge the DTs red trust and if you are satisfied and confident with the red trusts they leave then only a red trust should work.
Before giving RED TRUST to anyone i think DT members obviously investigate properly.but my question is isn't it alarming when we see someone have 1000 merits but got red trust. This kind of profile spoils our forum fame.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
As long as you have trust on the DTs judgement, I think red trust should work. Question is/are...

Do we really blindly trust the DTs red trusts?
Have they positioned themselves much higher that no one will questions their red trust? Not from the fear but from the basic moral.
Do they take enough time before leaving a red trust? A wrong red trust left by them can harm the user in many ways.
Do they give the other person enough time to explain? People have reasons for the acts they do. They have the rights to explain.
If they make mistake on leaving a red trust do they consider a review standing from a neutral point and compromise their ego?

There could be so many parameters to judge the DTs red trust and if you are satisfied and confident with the red trusts they leave then only a red trust should work.
copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675
Dear respectable members,
As an forum member i wanna put an question to Everyone.
My question is:

When any Person of this forum get connected with any fraudulent work or supporting any kinda work which is really harmful for rest of us and investor.Is it the only punishment to give him red trust. we have seen from past record many well reputed members of this forum support fraud ICO, scam Shit Exchange, Fraud projects which are nothing but scam. But as a result we also observe that our DT members are taking action by giving RED TRUST to them. after spending some time they get back to their work again. yeah i know someone can rise a question that if anyone see red trust and although he or she make payment or deal with him whats the responsibility of us then, but as a bitcointalk forum member its our duty to ensure a safe environment here for our upcoming generation. Just only giving RED TRUST is not enough. we need to take much harder action. if we look 1 years back in this forum members profile you can see many trusted members already got RED TRUST . If someone experienced and well reputed members like them engaged in this kinda scam or fraudulent activities what we will learn from them.

My request to all respective DT members to think again on this rising issue and update the rules by which bitcointalk forum will regain its fame
Pages:
Jump to: