Pages:
Author

Topic: Referral links are considered SPAM in OP but mediafire downloadable links not? - page 4. (Read 3174 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502
* Buying Bitcoin *
There's nothing wrong with the thread. People are allowed to post links to MediaFire because Bitcointalk does not support attachments. How else is someone supposed to send executable?
Why should executable file be part of OP? Should it not be send via PM only to the one's who are interested in downloading ?
Can you please tell what's wrong with posting Referral link as part of OP then?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
There's nothing wrong with the thread. People are allowed to post links to MediaFire because Bitcointalk does not support attachments. How else is someone supposed to send executable?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
I want to highlight the words. Its like I am screaming at you because you are too ignorant to understand what I said politely asked even before in my earlier threads
You only answered my off-topic side comment  Undecided
* Buying Bitcoin *
I DO WANT opinions BUT sadly YOU are NOT the person whose opinion I WANT.
Feel free to give YOUR opinions to OTHERS but SPARE ME.

For Heaven sake please NEVER EVER in future comment on any of my thread!
So do you have any problem with my reasoning? If so state them. You asked a question , I answered it. If you don't like viewing my opinions feel free to ignore me, my posts are made for public reference.
And "For Heaven sake " , whats up with the Caps?
I want to highlight the words. Its like I am screaming at you because you are too ignorant to understand what I said politely asked even before in my earlier threads
4 Mana 7/7

So do you have any problem with my reasoning? If so state them. You asked a question , I answered it. If you don't like viewing my opinions feel free to ignore me, my posts are made for public reference.
And "For Heaven sake " , whats up with the Caps?
* Buying Bitcoin *
Not every downloadable file is filled with viruses, if you can't save yourself from them, you shouldn't be on the internet
So, how can placing referral links as part of OP be SPAM?
Its spam as majority will start creating many topics , unneeded ones, just to spread their ref link, creating posts etc. If you don't like the rules, go to your ref safe haven TBN or create your own forum.
Can you please start ignoring me & STOP posting YOUR opinions on my threads?
Its a forum, this is the last place to come if you don't want opinions.

4 Mana 7/7
Not every downloadable file is filled with viruses, if you can't save yourself from them, you shouldn't be on the internet
Its spam as majority will start creating many topics , unneeded ones, just to spread their ref link, creating posts etc. If you don't like the rules, go to your ref safe haven TBN or create your own forum.
Its a forum, this is the last place to come if you don't want opinions.
* Buying Bitcoin *
4 Mana 7/7
* Buying Bitcoin *
I understand. I'll let someone else pitch in on that 'explanation'. In case that "but mediafire downloadable links are allowed" is your only argument I doubt that you are going to get far with this.

There are lot of things which I literally don't understand about this forum (which I raised in my other thread).
This one would just increase that list by 1 point Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
and you like these downloadable links because you have know about virustotal and probably have installed their software which would detect if the site contains malware or not before opening it?
No. I'm saying that most places on the internet allow links. If you are afraid of them, then start using a VM.

Yes, I want Referral links to be allowed as part of OP. It will save lot of unnecessary PM sending work.
If the title of the thread contains how much is the user willing to pay then the one's who are interested in that amount would read further. So, how can placing referral links as part of OP be SPAM?
I understand. I'll let someone else pitch in on that 'explanation'. In case that "but mediafire downloadable links are allowed" is your only argument I doubt that you are going to get far with this.
* Buying Bitcoin *
Do you want referral links to be allowed/links disabled/other?

Yes, I want Referral links to be allowed as part of OP. It will save lot of unnecessary PM sending work.
If the title of the thread contains how much is the user willing to pay then the one's who are interested in that amount would read further. So, how can placing referral links as part of OP be SPAM?
* Buying Bitcoin *
I really don't care what's written in these rules about downloadable links as the person who wrote these rules is also a human & all humans are prone to err but the thing that's annoying me is you guys allow placing a downloadable link as part of OP which can literally contain anything and the 1st user to click it and download it might get severely infected but placing a referral link is considered SPAM even though user who clicks that link would surely be knowing at what he is clicking but not if it's hidden is any downloadable link.
Any link found anywhere on the web can contain something dangerous. Just because it can that does not mean that we should disable them. There are websites such as Virustotal that make clicking safer. As for the rules, there is no error. The person(s) who owns/runs the place gets to decide what the rules are going to be. I don't see even the slightest chance of referral links being allowed. I don't like them either.
and you like these downloadable links because you have know about virustotal and probably have installed their software which would detect if the site contains malware or not before opening it?
legendary
Terminated.
I really don't care what's written in these rules about downloadable links as the person who wrote these rules is also a human & all humans are prone to err but the thing that's annoying me is you guys allow placing a downloadable link as part of OP which can literally contain anything and the 1st user to click it and download it might get severely infected but placing a referral link is considered SPAM even though user who clicks that link would surely be knowing at what he is clicking but not if it's hidden is any downloadable link.
Any link found anywhere on the web can contain something dangerous. Just because it can that does not mean that we should disable them. There are websites such as Virustotal that make clicking safer. As for the rules, there is no error. The person(s) who owns/runs the place gets to decide what the rules are going to be. I don't see even the slightest chance of referral links being allowed again. I don't like them either so I'm fine with the rule. However, I'm unable to see your point. Do you want referral links to be allowed/links disabled/other?
* Buying Bitcoin *
Okay. I'll lock my thread though I am still not convinced who made this rule # 4 which took you so long to find.
It can be found in the full list of rules. A example would be BadBear (admin), he does not allow referral links of any kind at all. Moderators/other staff members do not make the rules they try to enforce them. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
legendary
Terminated.
Okay. I'll lock my thread though I am still not convinced who made this rule # 4 which took you so long to find.
It can be found in the full list of rules. A example would be BadBear (admin), he does not allow referral links of any kind at all. Moderators/other staff members do not make the rules they try to enforce them. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
* Buying Bitcoin *
So you're asking us why are download links available because they could contain a virus? If we were to follow that logic then we should disable all links, because webpages can contain all sorts of nasty things. Do you have any other reasons for which mediafire links should be disabled?

Update: The only needed explanation is that it is against the rules (specifically rule 4).
* Buying Bitcoin *
So you're asking us why are download links available because they could contain a virus? If we were to follow that logic then we should disable all links, because webpages can contain all sorts of nasty things.

Yeah why not or explain with proper logic how & why posting referral links as part of OP results in SPAM ?
Going by your reply, I can place my referral link in any downloadble mediafire link and then place that link as part of my OP?
legendary
Terminated.
So you're asking us why are download links available because they could contain a virus? If we were to follow that logic then we should disable all links, because webpages can contain all sorts of nasty things. Do you have any other reasons for which mediafire links should be disabled?

Update: The only needed explanation is that it is against the rules (specifically rule 4).
* Buying Bitcoin *
Any proof that the file contains viruses?

I see nothing wrong with the topic Huh
Did I write "this" link contains virus?
I am just questioning this forum's rules about Referral links considered as SPAM in OP but mediafire links which might contain virus are not considered spam.
Pages:
Jump to: