Pages:
Author

Topic: Referral links are considered SPAM in OP but mediafire downloadable links not? - page 2. (Read 3174 times)

copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
-snip-
Did you honestly believe that pointing to something worse would be considered a valid point in the discussion?
The point for this thread was to point about something worse than not allowing referral links as part of OP. I assume I made my point by pointing to this wherein the 1st user who clicked on that link got his computer infected whereas if that was a referral link telling about some xyz site then that user could have googled about the site even before clicking that link. How come putting referral links as part of OP be spammy whereas putting such links is NOT?

Links in general are not against the rules, because - as pointed out above - it would be silly.
Links that spread malware are explicitly against the rules (#6) unless they come with ample warning for educational purposes.
Non of the above is considered spam per se, but might be seen as such if used in a spammy way.
Referal links are considered spam, because - as pointed out above - they typcially lead to spam. Your experience might differ, but it does not matter.

Please explain how "look links can be used for bad" should make us think "referlink links will never(!) be used in a spammy way".
Activity: 1064
Merit: 502
* Buying Bitcoin *
Please check this thread & probably then you guys would be able to understand my point more clearly about making this thread!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1297586

Spreading malware is against the rules, all their threads have been reported and will be removed shortly.
Thank you for telling me the obvious Sir!

Did you honestly believe that pointing to something worse would be considered a valid point in the discussion?
The point for this thread was to point about something worse than not allowing referral links as part of OP. I assume I made my point by pointing to this wherein the 1st user who clicked on that link got his computer infected whereas if that was a referral link telling about some xyz site then that user could have googled about the site even before clicking that link. How come putting referral links as part of OP be spammy whereas putting such links is NOT?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You still do not seem to get my point. God help you guys!

I got it, I just dont agree, but as we already have established I also have no "logical" reasons to offer you.
That's why I have not locked this thread yet.
copper member
Please check this thread & probably then you guys would be able to understand my point more clearly about making this thread!

Spreading malware is against the rules, all their threads have been reported and will be removed shortly.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I got it, I just dont agree, but as we already have established I also have no "logical" reasons to offer you.
* Buying Bitcoin *

copper member

* Buying Bitcoin *

* Buying Bitcoin *
1. Please refrain from using multiple posts especially when addressing a single person/post (it is redundant).

Sorry won't happen again.

6. If you want an official statement then:
b) Wait for one of them to possibly notice the thread and reply (chances are rare if they are busy).
I would wait until they notice or this thread dies on its own.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
1. Please refrain from using multiple posts especially when addressing a single person/post (it is redundant).
2. I've already told you that I do not make the rules.
3. If it were up to me, we would not have signature campaigns anymore.
4. If you want to know why we have signature campaigns, this thread might help(25 pages). Good luck reading.
5. I never said that everyone would start doing it; I said "people".
6. If you want an official statement then:
a) Looks through admins post history;
b) Wait for one of them to possibly notice the thread and reply (chances are rare if they are busy).
* Buying Bitcoin *
Do you know what would happen if we let 1 person post a referral link (Note: A referral link is acceptable in a very rare case of a very constructive post/thread/contribution/other; but I'm going to disregard this now)? People would start posting their links not just in single threads, or sections, but everywhere (Note: We can't let a single person do it; it's everyone or nobody). Once that starts, they start using more accounts to post even more -> Spam. This is a chain reaction. Referral links are useless, IMO they should be disallowed forever.

Sig campaigns are even more useless. Why are they being allowed here?
Going by your agreement, everyone who creates account on this forum would surely be creating multi accounts just to spam their referral link(s) needlessly on all posts every where on the forum?

If you guys are so afraid then why not divide the Services section in sub forums? One of that section dedicated to where posting referral link in OP is allowed but it's not allowed anywhere else ?
* Buying Bitcoin *
Going by that logic, should we allow all kinds of spam because it is (potentially) less dangerous than downloadable links? Hopefully you start realizing how faulty this argument is.

Infact if I was the admin I would make it other way round. No downloadable links of any sort allowed anywhere on the forum.
legendary
Terminated.
No Sir. Please just explain me how can referral link as part of OP be spammy and sending it via PM is not spammy? (though it increases the work unnecessarily for the person who created that thread to get some referrals and pay them)
Do you know what would happen if we let 1 person post a referral link (Note: A referral link is acceptable in a very rare case of a very constructive post/thread/contribution/other; but I'm going to disregard this now)? People would start posting their links not just in single threads, or sections, but everywhere (Note: We can't let a single person do it; it's everyone or nobody). Once that starts, they start using more accounts to post even more -> Spam. This is a chain reaction. Referral links are useless, IMO they should be disallowed forever.
* Buying Bitcoin *
Yes, you're allowed to do that. Going by that logic, should we allow all kinds of spam because it is (potentially) less dangerous than downloadable links? Hopefully you start realizing how faulty this argument is.

No Sir. Please just explain me how can referral link as part of OP be spammy and sending it via PM is not spammy? (though it increases the work unnecessarily for the person who created that thread to get some referrals and pay them)
legendary
Terminated.
#2 you - as a newbie - are still moderated by parolers, which might be more strict.
I would like to know what a paroler is?

Entire point of this thread was/is: As a Newbie am I not allowed to question the rules which I don't understand? Why do anyone have to take anything w/o understanding the logical reasoning behind it? Which link can be more dangerous for potential user? Downloadable link (where they dont know up front what could be inside that) or Referral link (where they can see what they are clicking upon & even google that site even before clicking on that referral link)
Yes, you're allowed to do that. Going by that logic, should we allow all kinds of spam because it is (potentially) less dangerous than downloadable links? Hopefully you start realizing how faulty this argument is.
* Buying Bitcoin *
Entire point of this thread was/is: As a Newbie am I not allowed to question the rules which I don't understand?

No you are, thats not what Im saying.

Can I ask the same question when I turn into Junior Member on Dec 22nd ?
copper member
#1 its against the rules.
#2 you - as a newbie - are still moderated by parolers, which might be more strict.
#3 I have seen lengthy threads that just had their ref links removed instead of deleted. I would think your post was probably not spam per se, even though I did not see it.

Entire point of this thread was/is: As a Newbie am I not allowed to question the rules which I don't understand?

No you are, thats not what Im saying.

Why do anyone have to take anything w/o understanding the logical reasoning behind it? Which link can be more dangerous for potential user? Downloadable link (where they dont know up front what could be inside that) or Referral link (where they can see what they are clicking upon & even google that site even before clicking on that referral link)

I dont think danger is the metric here, but spam. Since spam is somewhat subjective its not logical (see my post about experience). The other thing is that staff is allowed to interpret the rules in their own way. So while some may remove any post with a referal link no matter how constructive the post is, others might only remove the link if the post itself is good (or good enough). I personally think that a patroler (handles newbies only) is more likely to be the first kind of staff.

Grammar policed by mexxer-2
* Buying Bitcoin *
Downloadable link (where they dont know up front what could be inside that) or Referral link (where they can see what they are clicking upon & even google that site even before clicking on that referral link)
Both ref. links and malicious links aren't allowed on the forum, while the latter is bit harder(time consuming) to moderate. You can question all you like but as several members have pointed out, they aren't going to change without majority agreeing/"nagging" admins to change them, which isn't the case here.

You are not majority Sir. This forum contains over 600K users (as told to me by Lauda other day).
If its needed then I would wait to see reply from at least 300K users against the topic before locking my thread.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
Downloadable link (where they dont know up front what could be inside that) or Referral link (where they can see what they are clicking upon & even google that site even before clicking on that referral link)
Both ref. links and malicious links aren't allowed on the forum, while the latter is bit harder(time consuming) to moderate. You can question all you like but as several members have pointed out, they aren't going to change without majority agreeing/"nagging" admins to change them, which isn't the case here.
* Buying Bitcoin *
rules have to be followed by anyone. no exceptions.
so the rules says "no referrals" you have to follow it regardless of your content (as shorena said: sometimes only the ref link is removed by staff - which MAY indicate that your post was not that good. impossible to judge though as i didnt see it)

Well, if that's the case then there was no need to invent words like "rebel" or "retaliation" or "raising voice" etc
* Buying Bitcoin *
#1 its against the rules.
#3 I have seen lengthy threads that just had their ref links removed instead of deleted. I would think your post was probably not spam per se, even though I did not see it.

Entire point of this thread was/is: As a Newbie am I not allowed to question the rules which I don't understand? Why do anyone have to take anything w/o understanding the logical reasoning behind it? Which link can be more dangerous for potential user? Downloadable link (where they dont know up front what could be inside that) or Referral link (where they can see what they are clicking upon & even google that site even before clicking on that referral link)
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
For that matter, I created 1 thread where I wanted referrals for DollarClix (GPT Site where users can earn by completing offers) & mexxer-2 reported it and some moderator deleted it saying it's SPAMMY. Since that day I am confused how was my thread spamming the entire forum?

rules have to be followed by anyone. no exceptions.
so the rules says "no referrals" you have to follow it regardless of your content (as shorena said: sometimes only the ref link is removed by staff - which MAY indicate that your post was not that good. impossible to judge though as i didnt see it)
Pages:
Jump to: