Pages:
Author

Topic: Regarding signature campaigns' submission. - page 2. (Read 348 times)

Activity: 2828
Merit: 767
1) Why would I need to post my profile link? Isn't it obvious that I'm the user that applies for the campaign? Are there applicants who entered a different link than the one of their profile?
They would really be needing it and same as mentioned above where it makes their work easier because once they do copy out profile url link and the time
when they do make out some counting of post, they do directly click that up and make out some checking rather than on going into users profile
one by one which would really be that time consuming.So its just right that having url link will make the job lot easier.

For copying other links then its impossible for someone to make that one as post counts and other information wouldnt coincide.

2) Why do they ask you to wear the avatar and the signature, but they accept applicants whether they wear it or not? Obviously, once they're accepted they'll wear it, but it doesn't seem that this requirement has any point at all.
Some managers do accept into those participants who are wearing the sig and avatar (ex. yahoo) which he prioritizes those who wear first before applying
but in some cases on where he accepts to those who havent wear for some considerations maybe he didnt get enough number of applicants
thats why changes like this would be common.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I am not a campaign manager, but as I have joined dozens of campaign over the last 3 years, I will try to answer to your questions:

1) Why would I need to post my profile link? Isn't it obvious that I'm the user that applies for the campaign? Are there applicants who entered a different link than the one of their profile?

This makes campaign manager job easier. He probably use that link you posted to paste into his excel sheet, to control who is or was in his campaign and received payments. It is much better to save a profile link than just the username (easier to send messages or identify the user, for example)

2) Why do they ask you to wear the avatar and the signature, but they accept applicants whether they wear it or not? Obviously, once they're accepted they'll wear it, but it doesn't seem that this requirement has any point at all.

That depends on the manager. Some managers don't care much about post quality, and will just add the first participants that meet the requirements.
In this case, if the user is already wearing the avatar he has higher chances of being accepted.
There used to be many campaigns like that a few years ago. If a user applied wearing the signature just before the others he was almost guaranteed to be accepted. Even zero merit users with 100% spam history. You can probably still see those campaigns in the bounty altcoin board.

Other campaigns are more focused in posts quality and board participation. In this case, the manager will carefully choose his participants based in his post history/merit/trust/reputation/whatever  and he will send a PM to the user, telling he is accepted and asks for him to change his sig/avatar.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
Since September, the month that I found out about the existence of signature campaigns, I've been accepted on 7 in total. What I never understood is the form of appliance.

The majority of the campaign managers ask you to:
  • Wear the avatar and the signature. (Sometimes it's written to do it before applying)
  • And reply by filling out a form like this:
Code:
Bitcointalk Profile Link:
Current post count (Including this one):
BTC Address:
Merit EARNED in the last 120 days:

Pages:
Jump to: