Pages:
Author

Topic: Relieving the pain inflicted by the jackboot of the state upon young Zoe's neck - page 5. (Read 7418 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
Bumping for visibility.

Collected so far: 0.99784352 BTC
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
Unbelievable that the cops can legally take Zoe's money, let alone the trauma induced by having your house raided by uniformed thugs.

Will be sending a small donation soon Wink
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

It would be great to get some media attention on that.

"Police stole 8-years-old's piggy bank" - catchy headline.

Seriously, it must have been traumatic experience for the girl.

I'm happy to contribute:

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/226d672f20ab2ad36ba11c3b3d62600a715b8f6a2b74a4ffbaa770eb1e30dbb8
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Several more have donated, but they are not seeking public acknowledgement. Total of fourteen donations for 0.95313003 BTC - nearly halfway there. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Here's my friendly bump: https://blockchain.info/address/1FvX81SxjLLvFymFVDH3Z4LXA87jVU6EaH

Apologies for not being here of late, but was caught up in that Leroy Fodoer dude. I don't think you want to know what I'm caught up in now pertaining to Bitcoin, but it'll make Pattaya look tame by comparison. Let's just say that if Burt wasn't married and he was buds with certain 'ticians, and didn't reside in CO, by in a state known for its apples, he may not be in this pickle (no pun intended).
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
Several more have donated, but they are not seeking public acknowledgement. Total of fourteen donations for 0.95313003 BTC - nearly halfway there. Thanks to all who have contributed.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
https://blockchain.info/tx/4e435b1f0ba68d67ffde297b1bdbed670bc35990376a795b0975e8dd0ca02c24

Ok here's $10 to Zoe.  So what are we supposed to do to prevent martyrs like BurtW, Charlie Shrem, and Ross Ulbricht?

Over on the other "main" BurtW thread : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/burtw-arrested-update-charges-dropped-934268 ... I've been trying to steer the conversation around to this, i.e. what can bitcoin people do (particularly traders who buy and sell on localbitcoins.com like Burt (allegedly) did) to protect themselves from being the next "BurtW" case.

Topics have included possibly putting a legal disclaimer with various protective agreement clauses into your LBC ad if you're a vendor, to making prospective buyers sign an agreement before proceeding with any trade, to keeping your trades under some supposedly "low enough" limit (per trade or per day or per-whatever) to the simple but most likely impractical "just get licensed, man" argument... all the way to extreme reaction that is likely the whole PURPOSE of this exercise by the government: just don't buy or sell bitcoin from anyone or anywhere OTHER than the "controlled" and "licensed" (and "monitored") government approved exchanges or sources.

There are not really any solid answers yet, but the topic is (hopefully) evolving over there.  Suggest we move any add'tl info on this subject to that thread and keep THIS one only focused on getting 1 more bitcoin for Zoe.  The FUND is already almost HALFWAY there!  Thanks to all contributors, very nice of y'all Smiley

KEVLARR
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
https://blockchain.info/tx/4e435b1f0ba68d67ffde297b1bdbed670bc35990376a795b0975e8dd0ca02c24

Ok here's $10 to Zoe.  So what are we supposed to do to prevent martyrs like BurtW, Charlie Shrem, and Ross Ulbricht?
vip

Summary: In its bloodlust to lash out at a person trading bitcoins for their personal use, the behemoth of the state has stolen assets of an innocent family. Caught up in this is the family's eight year old daughter - the jackboot thugs stole her piggy bank, along with approximately $600 -- her entire life savings.

Difficult to hear that ! You would think her father would have make her saved in Bitcoin Wink

Ha!  Yeah, I agree... maybe when we meet the target goal of $600 worth of btc to replace young Zoe's piggy bank, we should insist on transferring it only to her OWN WALLET, keeping it in bitcoin & not converting to fiat, as a condition of replacing her loss!

Would kinda drive the point home and/or make it evident for outside observers, which one is better... right?

I think her father would agree Smiley

KEVLARR

They can just as easily confiscate bitcoins as they do fiat, as the father would surely attest to.

Thanks to all who've contributed to date: https://blockchain.info/address/1FvX81SxjLLvFymFVDH3Z4LXA87jVU6EaH

Summary: In its bloodlust to lash out at a person trading bitcoins for their personal use, the behemoth of the state has stolen assets of an innocent family. Caught up in this is the family's eight year old daughter - the jackboot thugs stole her piggy bank, along with approximately $600 -- her entire life savings.

Difficult to hear that ! You would think her father would have make her saved in Bitcoin Wink

Ha!  Yeah, I agree... maybe when we meet the target goal of $600 worth of btc to replace young Zoe's piggy bank, we should insist on transferring it only to her OWN WALLET, keeping it in bitcoin & not converting to fiat, as a condition of replacing her loss!

Would kinda drive the point home and/or make it evident for outside observers, which one is better... right?

I think her father would agree Smiley

KEVLARR
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
vip
I tend to avoid public donations, for obvious reasons, but this is just wrong.

Thanks for your input, elvi.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
I tend to avoid public donations, for obvious reasons, but this is just wrong.
vip
Thanks, bud, and nobody's maintaining a list...

JB's just adding donator names to the end of the 1st post in this thread.  No big deal, either way really.

Neat idea about having an article penned. The rags (non-derogatory) always need fodder. Who reading this has connections?

I don't have any connect unfortunately. Maybe if we-all here started some kind of email campaign? Sending links to this thread to the media or something?

Somebody on Reddit penned a kinda snide remark, so I replied in kind, kind of: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yuwgo/seeking_only_600_usd_via_btc_donations_to_replace/

Well okay but y'know grandma always used to say "You Catch More Flies With Honey Than Vinegar".  Not sure why she'd wanna catch flies in the first place however... LOL

KEV

Missed the OP update. Thanks.

In re. Flies/Honey: All in all, my response was rather mild and perhaps I shouldn't have penned anything, but something came over me. That said, apologies to all.
Thanks, bud, and nobody's maintaining a list...

JB's just adding donator names to the end of the 1st post in this thread.  No big deal, either way really.

Neat idea about having an article penned. The rags (non-derogatory) always need fodder. Who reading this has connections?

I don't have any connect unfortunately. Maybe if we-all here started some kind of email campaign? Sending links to this thread to the media or something?

Somebody on Reddit penned a kinda snide remark, so I replied in kind, kind of: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yuwgo/seeking_only_600_usd_via_btc_donations_to_replace/

Well okay but y'know grandma always used to say "You Catch More Flies With Honey Than Vinegar".  Not sure why she'd wanna catch flies in the first place however... LOL

KEV
vip
If you contribute to this effort by making a donation, notify us in the thread here. I will accumulate nicks of all donators in the OP. If a day or so goes by without your name appearing in the OP, shoot me a PM.

The third transaction to the donation address for 0.0777 BTC about $23 bucks was from me... but since I'm using this kevinlarr account *only* for comment in the BurtW threads (keeping my normal nic out of it, just in case of retaliation etc by The Other Side) kinda don't care if you list me in the donators or not, either way.

C'mon you guys, let's get this up to $600 for Zoe.

And anyone have any contacts or sources for media/news attention to this topic? Would be cool to see a feature story on it on coindesk or even some mainstream media site.

KEVIN

Thanks, bud, and nobody's maintaining a list. To date, we're just shy of a third of the way to the ONLY $600 goal.

If you contribute to this effort by making a donation, notify us in the thread here. I will accumulate nicks of all donators in the OP. If a day or so goes by without your name appearing in the OP, shoot me a PM.

The third transaction to the donation address for 0.0777 BTC about $23 bucks was from me... but since I'm using this kevinlarr account *only* for comment in the BurtW threads (keeping my normal nic out of it, just in case of retaliation etc by The Other Side) kinda don't care if you list me in the donators or not, either way.

C'mon you guys, let's get this up to $600 for Zoe.

And anyone have any contacts or sources for media/news attention to this topic? Would be cool to see a feature story on it on coindesk or even some mainstream media site.

KEVIN
vip
Here's the Reddit link: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yuwgo/seeking_only_600_usd_via_btc_donations_to_replace/

For those unable to donate but desire to help, simply get the word out via the myriad social media outlets. We're only talkin' 'bout $600 USD here, folks.

Bruno
vip
OK, I've given this 24 hours for comment. Having seen no dissension, this will be the address to be used:

1FvX81SxjLLvFymFVDH3Z4LXA87jVU6EaH

This is an address for which I am the only party that has the private key. I will leave this until we reach $600.00, or until consensus in this thread determines that no more donations are likely to be made. Upon either of these conditions, I will cut a check to Zoe, provide an image of said check in this thread, and either mail or hand-deliver it to her.

If funds in excess of $600.00 are accumulated in this fund, I will remit the remainder to Jean's donation address.

Not meaning to put words in the mouths of Zoe, Burt, or Jean, but I assume they might make an announcement of Zoe receiving this token of our appreciation of her fight against creeping totalitarianism on the BurtW.com website.

Thank you all for your effort in this cause, and thank you Bruno for putting this in motion.

Great, bud. I've sent, so let's see if I can create some magic via Reddit.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
OK, I've given this 24 hours for comment. Having seen no dissension, this will be the address to be used:

1FvX81SxjLLvFymFVDH3Z4LXA87jVU6EaH one line edit: don't use this address - we met our goal. Paper wallet will accompany $600 cash. If you want to donate further, please use https://blockchain.info/address/1KayK9cRSUHXLcs3kjyu1sbcJpUrdsk2Ei, which is a paper wallet that will be given in paper wallet form, along with the cash raised.

This is an address for which I am the only party that has the private key. I will leave this until we reach $600.00, or until consensus in this thread determines that no more donations are likely to be made. Upon either of these conditions, I will cut a check to Zoe, provide an image of said check in this thread, and either mail or hand-deliver it to her.

If funds in excess of $600.00 are accumulated in this fund, I will remit the remainder to Jean's donation address.

Not meaning to put words in the mouths of Zoe, Burt, or Jean, but I assume they might make an announcement of Zoe receiving this token of our appreciation of her fight against creeping totalitarianism on the BurtW.com website.

Thank you all for your effort in this cause, and thank you Bruno for putting this in motion.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Is everyone assuming Burt was innocent in all of this? I mean, he wasn't bringing the heat on himself at all?

I realize what he did should not impact his daughter. The fact that they seized her money is bullshit. And if Burt's found innocent he can sue the police and get the money back.

There just seems to be a lot of automatic support for this guy but he doesn't seem to be completely innocent.

Um, dude... no offense, okay? But can you fucking *read*?

This ain't Andy Griffith 1950's America with Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet anymore, man.  Pretty fucking far from it.  Suggest you go research and read up on CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE and etc, i.e. what's really going on, before commenting, right?

At the very least, follow the link to http://www.fear.org that Burt's wife posted prominently on their support page. Or go listen to the senate subcommittee hearing audio, posted earlier in this thread, about what's being attempted to be done to reform this shit.

The "AUTHORITIES" are COUNTING on the SAD FACT that un-informed observers LIKE YOU will simply ASSUME "the guy doesn't seem to be innocent" to TOTALLY COVER UP their extreme un-constitutional actions.

But it ain't supposed to be like that: in AMERICA - in theory - even if someone is actually guilty but the police violate their constitutional rights against unreasonable search and seizure in collecting the evidence to prove their guilt, THEY WALK FREE anyway.

YOUR ATTITUDE is *precisely* and nearly ONLY the entire reason THEY are getting away with this shit.

You're enabling it.  Wake the fuck up.

KEVIN

A lot more people need to be woken up if you want to stop this kind of thing. We have become a near Orwellian police state. As long as we are fat and comfortable not enough people will care. Put your feet up, throw on the reality show du joir and go down with the ship seems to be the gameplan for the vast majority of not only Americans but westerners in general.
Pages:
Jump to: