Pages:
Author

Topic: Request for additional confirmation window before deleting the post. - page 2. (Read 328 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
You can take a look through your drafts to see if you can recover any of your posts, although they are deleted after seven days, and there is a limit of 100 saved drafts. On more than one occasion it has been useful to me when trying to recover a version of a post after wrecking it with an edited publication.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Only in the last two weeks, I removed four of my posts by mistake. Therefore, I want to suggest/request an additional pop-up window, as a confirmation before deleting the post.

Now is enough to hit the delete button and post is gone. This would be no problem if there will be a way to recover deleted by mistake posts, but there isn't.
I know, because some time ago, again, by mistake, I removed a very long post, which was important for the discussion and already merited by a few members.
Until today is not recovered back, despite I asked for this via my local moderator and he was willing to help.

I edit my posts a lot and even I am known because of this in my local section. My posts live with their own lives  Cheesy.
When editing a lot there is a statistical probability that you hit the delete button because of mistake. I don't know missclick, not careful enough, battery in the mouse, so close each to other, etc.

Before I started this thread, of course, tried to find a similar one on the forum, using the search function, but wasn't able to. Strange that nobody suggested this before?

Requesting an additional confirmation window before deleting the post or a way to retrieve mistakenly deleted posts, please.
Pages:
Jump to: