Pages:
Author

Topic: [Request] Theymos we need moderator again in Croatian local board - page 2. (Read 2208 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
i also think that we need to do some clean-up in our local sub-section and to re-arrange some topics, maybe add a sub-section Edukacija (Education), which would be good for new members that are entering the forum and crypto world as well
it would be good to have a moderator, but it would be great to have at least one time moderator to make these changes now-and-there, maybe twice a year is acceptable by forum global moderators, with a prepared suggestion from Croatian board side?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
We also need to make some autumn cleanup in our local forum, make some new Child Boards and rearrange some topics.

Do we need to ask someone to do this or just wait for higher force and miracle from above? Smiley

If anyone knows more about this please write below.

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
It seems to me that we have given enough arguments that we really need a local moderator in the Croatian part of the forum.
I understand that the admins are very busy and that the members send them a lot of requests and questions but it would still be nice to finally get some answer.
legendary
Cashback 15%
legendary
Cashback 15%
I hope our stats are good enough that admins consider our request for local moderator.
When compared with others, Croatian local board was in the one of the most active ones last month (August). These numbers are pretty much standard for us in 2020 so this activity is not just some coincidence, we are consistently there in the upper half of the chart. I just hope that this good activity counts for something and that only criteria isn't number of reported posts.

Thank you Rikafip for one more nice presentation.
Numbers are clear again.
Croatian local board is still one of the most active local boards in forum, and only one without local moderator, but not for long.
I am sure theymos is thinking about us, and we are here to remind him Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
I would just like to add my support for the election of a moderator for Croatian local board. Our board has relatively good activity compared to others and it's a shame there is no local moderator to make sure everything stays clean and tidy.
Also, I support the idea of creating a new 'Off-topic' section following the example of other local board's. I hope that some of the forum staff will respond to our request.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
I hope our stats are good enough that admins consider our request for local moderator.
When compared with others, Croatian local board was in the one of the most active ones last month (August). These numbers are pretty much standard for us in 2020 so this activity is not just some coincidence, we are consistently there in the upper half of the chart. I just hope that this good activity counts for something and that only criteria isn't number of reported posts.

legendary
Very interesting info,  thank you for sharing.
legendary
Cashback 15%
Monthly bump.
One more month is gone without any answer...

More stats of our recent activity from @DdmrDdmr Merit Dashboard:

Period 1.08-31.08

843 posts...

One of the most active local boards...

legendary
Cashback 15%
Topic updated with some changes and new members added in first posts for candidates.
legendary
@Daniel, what are you bubbling about again? Theymos open discussion about moderator and he assigned Lauda to that position. That topic should have been locked back then.
asked us to choose a candidate from among ourselves and propose to him.
Not really:
This is a discussion, not an election.

Did you get an answer or any kind of feedback on those requests?
No.
By the way, do you remember when exactly we lost moderator, how many years ago?
In January, 2017.:
You got what you wanted. Lauda is no longer a staff member. You can lock this thread now.

It’s been a very long time since that and I’m not young anymore either so I forgot some things, especially around the exact moment of some events  Grin
I thought Lauda had been a moderator much earlier and I had already forgotten when exactly and why he stopped being a moderator.
Thanks for the accurate information.
All of this, however, does not change the essence of what I said in the previous post.
We had a moderator when we had even fewer members and activities, and I expect theymos to assign us a moderator as before.
I think we have quite enough arguments for that request.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
@Daniel, what are you bubbling about again? Theymos open discussion about moderator and he assigned Lauda to that position. That topic should have been locked back then.
asked us to choose a candidate from among ourselves and propose to him.
Not really:

No.
By the way, do you remember when exactly we lost moderator, how many years ago?
In January, 2017.:
You got what you wanted. Lauda is no longer a staff member. You can lock this thread now.
legendary
I don't think that is something moderator can create, it's up to admin to give us few new boards. IIRC I've PMed him one or maybe more times to create us new board.

In fact, this discussion about the new moderator for the Croatian part of the forum, started a long time ago, 6 years ago, at the request of theymos, as you can see here:
Maybe it's time to have another poll on our board, just to be ready in case we actually get some kind of official reply here. By the way, do you remember when exactly we lost moderator, how many years ago?

I don't remember very well now, it's been a long time but it seems like about 7 years.
What seems more important to me than that is the fact that we had a moderator when there were fewer members and activities on our local part of the forum.
Another important fact is that theymos promised us a moderator and asked us to choose a candidate from among ourselves and propose to him.
We have done this several times in the last few years but we have never received a response from theymos.
So, we’re not really asking theymos to decide whether our local part of the forum needs a moderator or not because theymos have already decided on that.
We only ask him to select one candidate for moderator from several already proposed candidates here.
And if the main condition is knowledge of English, all candidates fully meet it  Grin
legendary
Cashback 15%
This is a good one Smiley
And reminder what Theymos said:

Who should be the moderator of this section? Moderators must be able to read and write in English fairly well so that they can communicate with me.

To ensure that I can get the gist of what you're saying, please add a brief English summary to your posts if possible.

Automatic translation of the above:

Tko bi trebao biti moderator ovog dijela? Moderatori moraju biti u stanju čitati i pisati na engleskom prilično dobro, tako da oni mogu komunicirati sa mnom.

Ovo je diskusija, a ne izbori.

Kako bi se osiguralo da se mogu dobiti suština onoga što govoriš, dodajte kratak sažetak engleskog svojim postovima, ako je moguće.

Maybe it's time to have another poll on our board, just to be ready in case we actually get some kind of official reply here.
I agree.
Make the poll Smiley
I am sure at one point someone (important) will reply here, and with new moderator we could finally have someone to blame for everything bad in our local  Cheesy
legendary
I don't think that is something moderator can create, it's up to admin to give us few new boards. IIRC I've PMed him one or maybe more times to create us new board.

In fact, this discussion about the new moderator for the Croatian part of the forum, started a long time ago, 6 years ago, at the request of theymos, as you can see here:
Maybe it's time to have another poll on our board, just to be ready in case we actually get some kind of official reply here. By the way, do you remember when exactly we lost moderator, how many years ago?
legendary
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/moderatora-906983

Before that, we had a moderator who gave up his job.
After that, we had several discussions about the new moderator, both on our local part of the forum and here in Meta, but nothing concrete happened.
Theymos started it all originally but seems to have forgotten about this issue afterwards.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
Yeah, but the problem here is that we do not have enough sections/subsections as well.

So, if we open a 'Happy New Year' thread, it goes into main. If we report it's in the wrong place, where do we report it needs to go to? Same for xy number of topics that simply do not belong in main, but neither in 2 of the other subsections that we have.
Well, if they don't belong in altcoin or marketplace, correct board is either main one or trash.
legendary
I provide a data supporting to my claims. What's non sense on pointing out that Croatian board is not that over crowded by judging on last post history??
And yet again post count data shows that Croatian local board is among most active ones this year. And one of the rare ones without local mod.
There are plenty of local board with way less activity than our board that have their own mod, and we don't say that they shouldn't have mod just because "they are not overcrowded", but that local mod who speaks the language is necessity for a proper development of an active local board such as ours (and any other for that matter )
As you can see we are patient, we don't spam and bump this thread constantly, but some answer would be nice after 6 months of waiting.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1571
'Bitcoins are like gold bars with wings' - T.W.
I really do not care if we get one or not. I think we need one, some people might think that we do not. It would be much easier to navigate with a mod but we're managing regardless. It's not really easy to navigate for new users though.

The thing that really gets on my nerves is the ignoring part. Ok, say 'no mod', we will say ok and that will be it. But completely ignoring the thread for months is really rude. We have another thread where we asked that one of our members gets unbanned - without reply for a year.

It's so pathetic to see that 'oh, don't be angry' attitude, most of the people here would sell their asses for 3 satoshis. I don't even know who the mods are, I don't care, I just know that it takes a bit more to earn respect than just being here long enough. Am I angry? Fucking right I am, I feel like somebody's spitting in my face for years.

And to whoever thinks waiting 6 months for answers is ok - well, good luck in life. Good fucking luck.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
...I believe you should launch poll on your local board to be fair to all your countrymen.
We already had a poll somewhere and a few good local members were proposed and received votes. That part wont be a problem because our local section is not made up of individuals who are hungry for power and influence. We just want to organize it properly and delete the crap that doesn't belong there.
It doesn't help that the admins don't speak our language so mistakes have been made in the past with moving/deleting posts and threads that shouldn't have been deleted. 

This is one of the threads I found where local members have voted for appointing a local mod. I can't remember where exactly the candidates were proposed. Someone will probably jump in who knows. 
Pages:
Jump to: