Pages:
Author

Topic: Response from Linode regarding the theft case - page 2. (Read 4238 times)

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
1 year of free hosting as compensation for damage done.
* mila speechless
I'm pretty sure it is only an effort to repair the bad press that they got, since their T&C state that they aren't liable for anything.

What I'd rather see is a breakdown in excruciating detail of a) the reason it happened in the first place (security vulnerability details), b) exactly what fixes have been made to correct the issue (firing bad employee, tweaking PHP config, auditing firewall rules, etc), and c) an independent security audit and the results posted publicly.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Yes, getting a couple hundred thousand dollars of assets stolen is, well, inconvenient.
Activity: 484
Merit: 500
WTF ?  *speechless*
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
Ouch.  That has to sting.  So "generous" of them to offer a whole year of service.  I will never do business with Linode.

They knew we would never do business with Linode again. So the credit is pretty much worthless.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Ouch.  That has to sting.  So "generous" of them to offer a whole year of service.  I will never do business with Linode.
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
This post is intended to inform all interested parties about Linode's response to Bitcoinica.

[829136] LINODE SECURITY BREACH -- $222,520 STOLEN
Status   Opened   Last Updated   Closed On   Regarding
CLOSED    21 days ago by bitcoinica    17 hours ago by tasaro    17 hours ago by tasaro    Other

Dear Zhou,

The entire Linode team would like to sincerely apologize for the security incident that affected your account. We let you down, and this is not the quality of service that we ourselves and our customers expect and deserve.

We want you to know that security has always been one of Linode's top priorities. Our entire team has dedicated themselves these past few weeks towards improving our procedures and policies relating to platform security.

As an act of good faith we have applied one year of service credit to your account. All of us are truly sorry for any inconvenience you incurred. We appreciate your business and hope that you will continue to host with Linode in the future.

Sincerely,

Thomas Asaro
Vice President
Linode
Pages:
Jump to: