Pages:
Author

Topic: restaurant in bali closed - page 2. (Read 484 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 107
January 31, 2018, 02:19:47 PM
I am very happy if there is a country in which there is a culinary company or a restaurant that receives payments with bitcoin, although in the country prohibits bitcoin.
like in bali, there is a restaurant that receives payment with bitcoin, but a few days ago I watched a show on television that the security forces closed the restaurant.
why are the security so evil? they only use it for food payments, not for criminals. or do they equate bitcoin payments as a crime? it's very unreasonable.
what do you think about it ?

Well to be true, not all of the legal elements in Indonesia is accepting the benefit of bitcoin. The rules are pretty strict in the country, it is prohibited to a company using bitcoin as the payment and if they still persist so the authority is having a right to shut down the company. But luckily it's still okay to have bitcoin as an investment.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
January 31, 2018, 01:59:33 PM
Probably due to several factors such as strict place rules and maybe the demand is less but very unfortunate if this happens because if it still survives maybe for us who hold bitcoin can use the transaction but if it is a rule we can not do anything.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
January 31, 2018, 01:38:10 PM
Restaurants might have not closed the service due to the regulations, but they might have dropped the service just because they might have not gained expected profit through the same. Already there are several such incidents that has happened with shops accepting bitcoin due to increased transaction fee and low profiting due to less usage.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
January 31, 2018, 01:32:56 PM
I am very happy if there is a country in which there is a culinary company or a restaurant that receives payments with bitcoin, although in the country prohibits bitcoin.
like in bali, there is a restaurant that receives payment with bitcoin, but a few days ago I watched a show on television that the security forces closed the restaurant.
why are the security so evil? they only use it for food payments, not for criminals. or do they equate bitcoin payments as a crime? it's very unreasonable.

It is because in Indonesia, the use of bitcoin as a means of payment isn't allowed. I read the news regarding this event too. Indonesian government already gave a warning regarding this policy but the restaurant not heed  it.
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
January 31, 2018, 01:04:43 PM

Wow, this is just way too over the line. i mean, just because of accepting bitcoins as payment methods, they are closing a restaurant that clearly isn't doing anything that is against the law? why don't they focus more on thieves and other criminals like, i dont know, maybe drug dealers and all those sht. they clearly are just making their country look bad. you know what it think? i think the government of Indonesia is just afraid of cryptos destroying their businesses that run mainly with fiat. and they just say on the media that they are just protecting the country and all the countrymen. but in reality, they are doing this for their businesses. this is just a speculation though, but i think it could pretty much be a possible thing.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
January 31, 2018, 12:34:27 PM
It can be somewhat incoherent since they really do not commit a crime if they are defying the law. Why? for the simple fact of negotiating with bitcoin in a country that has banned the use of btc transactions. Pretty bad and unfair, but legally they have their reasons, although I do not justify them.
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
January 31, 2018, 12:30:40 PM

What the?!! , they closed it just because of the bitcoin , arghhhh why I wanted to go there though , the view of it and the foods. I think they lack of knowledge about bitcoin , and I hope it come back , still doing some search about this topic.
I very soon will go to Bali in Feb or March then I will update you guys here know they re-accept bitcoin and altcoin or not.
haha, but trust me with Pundi X project which offer POS service in Indonesia now we can easy to spend all major coin/token easy in Indonesia.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
January 31, 2018, 12:22:34 PM

What the?!! , they closed it just because of the bitcoin , arghhhh why I wanted to go there though , the view of it and the foods. I think they lack of knowledge about bitcoin , and I hope it come back , still doing some search about this topic.
Activity: 72
January 31, 2018, 12:07:26 PM
Agree to you. I just heard about it too. Well, if the government prohibits it, they should follow the rules. We all know that btc is legit  but in Indonesia they prohibits it, so people in there must aware and follow it.
My friends who have been there told me about this too. Using Bitcoin as payment method in Indonesia is prohibited by it's government. I can understand that some of restaurants and resorts in Bali accept bitcoin as Bali is one of the most popular tourist destination in Asia but if the government prohibit the bitcoin then it can't be helped. Never been there but Bali seems like a cool place to go.
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
January 31, 2018, 12:01:49 PM
My friends who have been there told me about this too. Using Bitcoin as payment method in Indonesia is prohibited by it's government. I can understand that some of restaurants and resorts in Bali accept bitcoin as Bali is one of the most popular tourist destination in Asia but if the government prohibit the bitcoin then it can't be helped. Never been there but Bali seems like a cool place to go.
Activity: 51
January 31, 2018, 11:45:38 AM
the government of indonesia make announcement that bitcoin can be sold for sale but can not be used as a means of payment. the valid payment instrument is rupiah (Rp)

thats why  restaurant in bali has been closed cause their restaurant   accept payment like bitcoin.
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
January 31, 2018, 11:44:55 AM
It is in Indonesia right? Hmm, is the reason of closing the restaurant is because of bitcoin? I don't think so. There are a lot of factors that might affect that certain phenomena. Like foods, are the foods that are being serve in that restaurant is clean? Like the cleanliness of the restaurant itself. Bitcoin payment is not bad, why they're banning something that is good?
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
January 31, 2018, 11:42:56 AM
The Indonesia central bank governor has a law to protect the stability of IDR, and they think it could be a threat to the national economic system. So they prohibit any payments made by cryptocurrencies but there is no law to stop the user from investing in cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 31, 2018, 11:38:38 AM
Are you sure that they closed it because of the Bitcoin payments? That is pretty stupid, Bitcoin is nothing bad and it is legit. I mean, if they do not like Bitcoin, they could have just warn them or fine them, not close the whole restaurant, that is really ridicolous! I do not even know why would they be so much bothered about that, it isn't a crime or somethiing.

I agree. There may be something going in behind that restaurant that's not legal. Perhaps that's the reason they're accepting btc payments. Think about it, if you pay in btc, during that time it would probably take minutes to hours before they get the payment. And people would also have to pay transaction fees which, for a restaurant payment, is crazy. Offline payments in btc has too many loopholes right now to be put to practical use
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
January 31, 2018, 12:29:20 AM
About a few months ago I've been there, and then they still receive bitcoin as payment.
I am so happy, because at that time they have not banned the bitcoin. But now I can not go there again without bringing FIAT.
They should not close the restaurant, because they only accept payments using bitcoin. It is unfortunate
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
January 30, 2018, 10:08:54 PM
There's lot of e-payment already exist in this world why they so resistence with bitcoin, it such like if theres no money for goverment so they will not give a permit for that, thats really an evil i think
Activity: 126
January 30, 2018, 10:06:54 PM
Restaurants accept payment by Bitcoin is a good thing, but they are not criminals but does not mean that no one takes advantage of it to sin. Trying not to crypto does not appear to be a form of payment that minimizes the risk associated with it. So I think you should not try to do the opposite of the rules.
Activity: 110
Merit: 20
January 30, 2018, 09:54:57 PM
If the restaurant was seized because it accepted bitcoin as a means of payment, then it had to be said that the government was really stupid. They should not use that extreme method, they can fine, but they should not seal up. It is impossible to completely ban Bitcoin, as long as there is the Internet, Bitcoin exists.
Activity: 224
January 30, 2018, 09:50:15 PM
are you sure that company closed because bitcoin ?
If what you heard is right, then maybe the government doesnt want that because bitcoin is not taxable.
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
January 30, 2018, 09:49:15 PM
It's normal as it against Rupiah.
It's like they banned use USD for payment in almost countries and request people use local fiat to protect their economy.
I have no complain about this and also not much bad things here for this action
Pages:
Jump to: