Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , MADATORY UPDATE TO 1.3.0 - page 36. (Read 34583 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
POS minting has started you will be paid stakes! Smiley
Cheers!
Soopy
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Believing that the dev is long gone and believing he'd ever return to release an update might have lost interest or has bigger projects to attend to and believe it was high time long time ago he did, yup everyone who's interested on GRW will need to update since already the network is stalled by the previous client , no mining , no sending or receiving , no confirmation of blocks , we've done some code updates to prevent negative Retargets in the future as per suggested almightyruler , he is credited for the same as well as getting mining fixed temporarily earlier and suggested and also predicted that the network will stall again if a proper update is not released as well as adopted.

New Wallet (Updated to version 1.2.1)
*Checkpoints Added
*Negative Retarget Fixed (courtesy of almightyruler)
*version Updates Posted
*Community Backed Development Announced

So all in all everyone who has GRW or is interested in the crypto , traders and everyone who has GRW on their wallets who were unable to anything before and wants to trade now will need to update.

Just a little thing that a lot of people forget to add in the source code and in the completed compiled wallet-qt, is the version number (1.2.1) AND maybe the date when you go to the help -> about / help -> debug window -> Information tab. It says version 1.0.0.0 now. Also if you look in at properties for the file in windows it's missing. Most devs miss this entirely, so it's quite common. Just wanted to suggest that. Smiley

Thank you very much for pointing that out mate , I realized this after I compiled it all lol so it was too late but when peers connect it can be seen the real client version one is using (getpeerinfo command) Smiley also another thing to identify the new client is with the About page where I add an extra line 2014 Copyrights to Bitcointalk Community Developers. Smiley

All the very best and cheers! Smiley

Soopy

PS: Btw have you tried sending coins to coinex?

No, not tried CoinEX, yet, but I'll give it a shot in 5 mins or so.

Maybe an updated version will come out in the future with added version info/numbers?

Here are some added nodes, if anyone wants to try:

addnode=210.83.80.202:17177
addnode=188.226.155.94:17177
addnode=203.20.114.252:17177

Awesome my friend , thank you very much for the nodes! Smiley and yeah do try coinex coz I tried sending some coins yet not appeared maybe they haven't updated their client yet? just want to see others are having the same issue.

Sure will be releasing a new client very soon! Smiley With Bonus block rewards , random etc so many things to add.
Will do everything to get the interest renewed for this coin! Smiley

Cheers!
Soopy

PS: Added nodes to the OP , thank you very much mate! Smiley
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
Believing that the dev is long gone and believing he'd ever return to release an update might have lost interest or has bigger projects to attend to and believe it was high time long time ago he did, yup everyone who's interested on GRW will need to update since already the network is stalled by the previous client , no mining , no sending or receiving , no confirmation of blocks , we've done some code updates to prevent negative Retargets in the future as per suggested almightyruler , he is credited for the same as well as getting mining fixed temporarily earlier and suggested and also predicted that the network will stall again if a proper update is not released as well as adopted.

*Checkpoints Added
*version Updates Posted

So all in all everyone who has GRW or is interested in the crypto , traders and everyone who has GRW on their wallets who were unable to anything before and wants to trade now will need to update.

Just a little thing that a lot of people forget to add in the source code and in the completed compiled wallet-qt, is the version number (1.2.1) AND maybe the date when you go to the help -> about / help -> debug window -> Information tab. It says version 1.0.0.0 now. Also if you look in at properties for the file in windows it's missing. Most devs miss this entirely, so it's quite common. Just wanted to suggest that. Smiley

Thank you very much for pointing that out mate , I realized this after I compiled it all lol so it was too late but when peers connect it can be seen the real client version one is using (getpeerinfo command) Smiley also another thing to identify the new client is with the About page where I add an extra line 2014 Copyrights to Bitcointalk Community Developers. Smiley

Soopy

No, not tried CoinEX, yet, but I'll give it a shot in 5 mins or so.

Here you can see the added line:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_3txv5BAsANS0I2WHpVLXRuc1k/edit

Maybe an updated version will come out in the future with added version info/numbers?

Here are some added nodes, if anyone wants to try:

addnode=210.83.80.202:17177
addnode=188.226.155.94:17177
addnode=203.20.114.252:17177
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

*Checkpoints Added
*version Updates Posted

Soopy

Solo Miner Legend

*Checkpoints Added
*version Updates Posted

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
I'm glad I kept hammering this issue, to fix the wallet and you guys came in and we all made an effort to get it fixed. Smiley (damn the grammar in that sentence is awful. Sad )

I'm proud of you all. Wink

/HashMatter

Everyone contributed in one way or the other! Smiley

Team work Mate!

Proud of you and us all! Smiley

Cheers!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Colossuscoin - the future of payment methods
i am new miner,and who can tell me how to solo mining please ?

A short guide:

Put the wallet on your miner or a machine on your LAN, add growthcoin.conf to the growthcoin directory the blockchain is under your user/%app data% (you'll find it, just look for wallet.dat)

Add to growthcoin.conf:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=grw (user)
rpcpassword=pw (any password)
rpcport=17178
port=17177
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1 or rpcallowip=192.168.0.* (what your LAN is, if you have the wallet on another computer than the miner.)
addnode=seednodegrowth.no-ip.biz
addnode=pools.animusgs.co.in

then cgminer:
cgminer --scrypt -u grw -p pw -o http://127.0.0.1:17178 --gpu-platform 0 --expiry 30 --scan-time 2 (and then the rest of your cgminer settings)

can use the client to pow?
Solo Miner Legend

A short guide:

Put the wallet on your miner or a machine on your LAN, add growthcoin.conf to the growthcoin directory the blockchain is under your user/%app data% (you'll find it, just look for wallet.dat)

Add to growthcoin.conf:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=grw (user)
rpcpassword=pw (any password)
rpcport=17178
port=17177
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1 or rpcallowip=192.168.0.* (what your LAN is, if you have the wallet on another computer than the miner.)
addnode=seednodegrowth.no-ip.biz
addnode=pools.animusgs.co.in

then cgminer:
cgminer --scrypt -u grw -p pw -o http://127.0.0.1:17178 --gpu-platform 0 --expiry 30 --scan-time 2 (and then the rest of your cgminer settings)
Solo Miner Legend
I'm glad I kept hammering this issue, to fix the wallet and you guys came in and we all made an effort to get it fixed. Smiley (damn the grammar in that sentence is awful. Sad )

I'm proud of you all. Wink

/HashMatter
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Great News! i fired up the old client and it synced ok then installed the new wallet and started mining without problems.

If someone has problems with older wallets remove the add nodes from the conf file and delete peers.dat
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
My wallet doesnt start to sync, what to do?

if you have the old blockchain on your pc , better take that out buddy remove everything on %APPDATA%/GrowthCoin before that backup wallet.dat

make .conf file as above and use the peers above.

It should sync with no issues.

Best Regards,
Soopy

Hey there,

I dont have the old one, its a full new computer. Made the .conf file with the right parameters, but no sync Sad

try closing and opening ur wallet in 5 mins.
Activity: 802
Merit: 501

if you have the old blockchain on your pc , better take that out buddy remove everything on %APPDATA%/GrowthCoin before that backup wallet.dat

Best Regards,
Soopy

Hey there,

I dont have the old one, its a full new computer. Made the .conf file with the right parameters, but no sync Sad
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

Best Regards,
Soopy
Activity: 802
Merit: 501
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
15 peers at the moment. Good Aboption! Smiley GRW to the Moon! Smiley
i have mining by my coins.pos.
 thanks