Pages:
Author

Topic: Review: Custom ROM from Eliovp - RX480 Nitro+ 8GB (Samsung Memory) XMR ~850h/s - page 4. (Read 18996 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
Maybe i should start selling my own modded rooms for RX480 nitro 8GB cards ? Smiley

My cards bios are optimized for ETH mining not XMR , but reading this topic i was curious about my rigs xmr mining capability and gpu power draw reading from gpuz Wink

First.. 2 rx480 card setup and 290 watts idle power is not right at all ..
My 6-7 crads setup idle is around 120 watts
When you are talking about vga cards power draw and using GPUz you are only reading the gpu power draw , not any other components power needs on the card ... so the gpuz reading is not your rx480 card total power consumption

There is my numbers Smiley with modded bios, optimized for ETH mining not XMR ...

gpuz reading during ETH mining

My numbers during XMR mining with ETH mining optimized bios mods
gpuz reading during XMR mining

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Sent you a PM, Eliovp.
Activity: 53
Merit: 1
@philipma1957  the "idle" is that high because I use the two cpu's for mining as well Wink Those are quite heavy cpu's and they consume a lot but I'm not talking here about the CPU. Its all about the GPU's  Cheesy Idle time is just to show how much power two 480's are using.

So basicly you can say a RX480 Nitro+ 8GB consumes around 156,5w and generates a hashrate of 845-850 h/s for monero. (603w - 290 / 2). This is not bad but you cannot compare this to your panda miner! Total other GPU cards (MXM!). Ah and by the way, a panda miner is using around 390-400w in idle modues  Tongue

There's just no way a RX would be taking 300w here.

I get about 100w per RX for 740h/s with common bios mod + undervolt, 40w for intel skeleton. 640w~ for 4450h/s~ with basic mod, 5100h/s~ with more advanced for very small draw raise.
I do *way* better than pandaminer. The interest in pandaminer lies elsewhere.

If you're not going for easy deploy/stack. Custom rigs are much cheaper, more hash. I don't know how the MXM fare if/can once undervolted to save power. At stock the draw is pretty damn high.

Do you have some screen shot from the power consuming or could you make some? I guess you have 6 cards on your rig? With the panda miner (8 cards) I get 6500h/s~ and power consuming is around 930w. I don't think that you will get much better values here but if you can proof that I'm intrestest to know how you could do that exactly.

best regards

PS: Somebody are willing to share his claymore settings for ETH? Because I'm not mining this Wink THanks
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
@philipma1957  the "idle" is that high because I use the two cpu's for mining as well Wink Those are quite heavy cpu's and they consume a lot but I'm not talking here about the CPU. Its all about the GPU's  Cheesy Idle time is just to show how much power two 480's are using.

So basicly you can say a RX480 Nitro+ 8GB consumes around 156,5w and generates a hashrate of 845-850 h/s for monero. (603w - 290 / 2). This is not bad but you cannot compare this to your panda miner! Total other GPU cards (MXM!). Ah and by the way, a panda miner is using around 390-400w in idle modues  Tongue

I get about 100w per RX for 740h/s with common bios mod + undervolt, 40w for intel skeleton. 640w~ for 4450h/s~ with basic mod, 5100h/s~ with more advanced for very small draw raise.

If you're not going for easy deploy/stack. Custom rigs are much cheaper, more hash. I don't know how the MXM fare if/can once undervolted to save power. At stock the draw is pretty damn high.

Haha, yes Virosa, you can advertise as well Cheesy

Anyhow,

The rom i gave him has no undervolt whatsoever. I didn't even touch that :p
So i'm not 100 but 200% sure that i can lower that powerdraw significantly Smiley

Still.. 850h stable as a rock   Wink

Know we have talked about it Eliovp...

just to clear up, what kind of watts/powerdraw could you lower it to? roughly?
Activity: 487
Merit: 252
bou !
Hello
What is the hash rate on claymore for ethereum? thank you
legendary
Huh?

Haha, yes Virosa, you can advertise as well Cheesy

Anyhow,

The rom i gave him has no undervolt whatsoever. I didn't even touch that :p
So i'm not 100 but 200% sure that i can lower that powerdraw significantly Smiley

Still.. 850h stable as a rock   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

legendary
Huh?
Ha!

How nice is this!

Thx for the awesome review Slim! Really appreciate it!

Looks like you're happy with the results Smiley

Greetings!

So basicly you can say a RX480 Nitro+ 8GB consumes around 156,5w and generates a hashrate of 845-850 h/s for monero. (603w - 290 / 2). This is not bad but you cannot compare this to your panda miner! Total other GPU cards (MXM!). Ah and by the way, a panda miner is using around 390-400w in idle modues  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
on how many rigs (gpus) are you usally running his roms?
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
yep his roms are kick arse!

I have 3 - 4 of his roms
Hi everyone,

I would like to make a little review about the Custom ROM from Eliovp for a Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB with Samsung Memory.

On my machine I'm running the lates build of Windows 10 x64.

GPU Overview:

Power consume for my system (idle modus, no miner is running):

IMPORTANT: The rom is not free and it only makes sense to buy if you are the owner of at least 10 or more cards! For the price you have to contact Eliovp. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=236770

Stock Rom hashrate and power:
With the stock rom I get the following hash rate for Monero (2x Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB):

The power consuming looks like that when the miner was running:

Custom Rom hashrate and power:
The hashrate for Monero with Eliovp's awesome Custom Rom (2x Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB):

The power consum with the custom rom is almost the same, just a few w's more:

Overall:
Really great ROM from Eliovp! It is stable as a rock on my Windows machine. I didn't had a singel crash during the last 5 days! Just really awesome. If you have a few rigs with a few GPU running it is definatly worth to ask for the price for this rom Smiley You will not find any public rom which is as good as the one from Eliovp. Please contact him and not me! Here you can send him a PM:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=236770

Eliovp would have some other custom rom (for the same GPU) for a linux machine where you can get a hashrat up to 880 h/s for monero. On my Windows machine this wasn't stable enough on linux it will be Smiley

thanks for reading and any feedback is appreciated:)

best regards
slim
Pages:
Jump to: