Pages:
Author

Topic: [Review]: Linzhi Phoenix - 2700 MH/s Ethash asic miner - page 3. (Read 2254 times)

yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
General sales have not started yet. Only a few units have been shipped to evaluation customers.
Don't send scammers your coins! The official site is linzhi.io
The best for information is to follow their telegram

Since there is no sales date date or price, there is no point in discussing ROI. I mentioned that at the beginning.
Which is why I have now deleted everything about it. Also the whole bullshit about 2 years premining and progpow. Start your own topic. I want to talk about cool tech

Board 0:   12060.268 GH   in   2.45 h   =   1.365 GH/s
Board 1:   12137.578 GH   in   2.36 h   =   1.429 GH/s
Total   2.794 GH/s
(short operating time due to PSU change)

pool link: https://eth.crazypool.org/#/account/0xb326d2379fee71097a01824ab3d7c92125a0ac95

Well, if you look a clip from the link:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asic-linzhi-2600-mhs-5301852

It says 7.98GBs for DAGs... So, how much video memory does this miner actually have?

4.4GB so ETH mining should work until Sept, but than there are other coins like ETC

What people talked about was the DAGs on the SD card

Are you running it in your house?

Can it be underclocked to run on a standard outlet in my spare bedroom or garage?

If the memory is 4.4gb can it be upgraded and will the manufacture provide an upgrade kit or firmware to expand memory?

Ease of set up?

Psu included?  PSU requirements?

Loud?

- In my garage
- I have not looked into under/overclocking yet
- I dont think that there will be an upgrade
- setup is very easy
- no PSU included, I would recommend 2kw per board, they can be powered independently
- yes it's loud

Nice to have at this moment.

Does it use 240 volts?

Does it use 1800 watts.

Or does it use 3000 watts.

For you its a score.
So enjoy it.

PSU is not included. imho 120V make no sense with that hungry machines
~3500W with my actual settings
thanks, I enjoy playing with a very cool miner/technology

The project seems to involve an ex-Canaan person,
but I feel like this Phoenix project is not as open as the Avalonminer project was when it started.

Where and how can these be bought by a commoner?

yes, the "master mind" behind this is Chen Min, former CTO of Canaan.
Very small team. The company is entirely self-funded.
I think they are super open. Come and join in Telegram :-)
They never made any secret of the delays because of technical problems (hardware is hard)
and covid-caused problems

or here:
2019-Oct-4: Linzhi E1400 Architecture Overview
Venue: 2019 Ethereum Classic Summit - October 3-4, 2019 - Vancouver, Canada

https://linzhi.io/docs/LWP16-E1400-Architecture-Overview.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_enGUG_Jbi4

I did a lot with cannon back in the day.

do you have a telegram link.
legendary
These have been mining for at least 2 years.. Now DAG approaches 4.4GB to make them useless... They sell them only now..

Lol cheeky motherfuckers
The developers write that Ethereum mining is relevant until September 7. They also say in the telegram channel that ASIC will support Ethereum Classic mining. The current profit is huge: 1000 dollars in 4 days Smiley
And the date of sale has not yet been announced, and why sell them Huh

You buy it say they have 1000 of them that mined for 2 years and made 3x roi. .  THE FUNDS THEY GET  selling it at a huge jacked up price they keep 1/2 and  they build newer ones for their

mine.

I have zero issue with them.  It is a legit business move.

The issue is eth won't switch the algorithm.

At the op. please let us know your power use for the 2500hash

BTW. 2500 x 0.0838 = $209.50 a day in earnings

this means that if it burns 3000 watts it comes to 72-75 kwatts a day or 75 x .20 = 15 a day in power

so 209.50-15 = 194.50 daily profit.  so these will go for big money.

100 x 194.50 = 19,450 in 100 days.  At the op mine the shit out of that eth and have fun.

Meanwhile I have 9 mobos on order and some cards coming soon. I am fully paid off.  Until these parts come. I will then have about 2000 to pay off.

Exactly, I don't think there's anything wrong with their business model, and eth is doing what it thinks is best for themselves.
We all have the choice to participate or not.

What are you buying for cards, new or older generation?

amd 5500
amd 5700
nv   3060
nv.  3080
yxt
legendary
General sales have not started yet. Only a few units have been shipped to evaluation customers.
Don't send scammers your coins! The official site is linzhi.io
The best for information is to follow their telegram - https://t.me/LinzhiCorp

Since there is no sales date date or price, there is no point in discussing ROI. I mentioned that at the beginning.
Which is why I have now deleted everything about it. Also the whole bullshit about 2 years premining and progpow. Start your own topic. I want to talk about cool tech

Board 0:   12060.268 GH   in   2.45 h   =   1.365 GH/s
Board 1:   12137.578 GH   in   2.36 h   =   1.429 GH/s
Total   2.794 GH/s
(short operating time due to PSU change)

It says 7.98GBs for DAGs... So, how much video memory does this miner actually have?

4.4GB so ETH mining should work until Sept, but than there are other coins like ETC

What people talked about was the DAGs on the SD card

Can it be underclocked to run on a standard outlet in my spare bedroom or garage?

If the memory is 4.4gb can it be upgraded and will the manufacture provide an upgrade kit or firmware to expand memory?

Ease of set up?

Psu included?  PSU requirements?

Loud?

- In my garage
- I have not looked into under/overclocking yet
- I dont think that there will be an upgrade
- setup is very easy
- no PSU included, I would recommend 2kw per board, they can be powered independently
- yes it's loud

Does it use 240 volts?

Does it use 1800 watts.

For you its a score.
So enjoy it.

PSU is not included. imho 120V make no sense with that hungry machines
~3500W with my actual settings
thanks, I enjoy playing with a very cool miner/technology

but I feel like this Phoenix project is not as open as the Avalonminer project was when it started.

yes, the "master mind" behind this is Chen Min, former CTO of Canaan.
Very small team. The company is entirely self-funded.
I think they are super open. Come and join in Telegram :-)
They never made any secret of the delays because of technical problems (hardware is hard)
and covid-caused problems

or here:
2019-Oct-4: Linzhi E1400 Architecture Overview
Venue: 2019 Ethereum Classic Summit - October 3-4, 2019 - Vancouver, Canada

https://linzhi.io/docs/LWP16-E1400-Architecture-Overview.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_enGUG_Jbi4

Activity: 72
Merit: 17
These have been mining for at least 2 years.. Now DAG approaches 4.4GB to make them useless... They sell them only now..

Lol cheeky motherfuckers
The developers write that Ethereum mining is relevant until September 7. They also say in the telegram channel that ASIC will support Ethereum Classic mining. The current profit is huge: 1000 dollars in 4 days Smiley

You buy it say they have 1000 of them that mined for 2 years and made 3x roi. .  THE FUNDS THEY GET  selling it at a huge jacked up price they keep 1/2 and  they build newer ones for their

mine.

this means that if it burns 3000 watts it comes to 72-75 kwatts a day or 75 x .20 = 15 a day in power

100 x 194.50 = 19,450 in 100 days.  At the op mine the shit out of that eth and have fun.

Meanwhile I have 9 mobos on order and some cards coming soon. I am fully paid off.  Until these parts come. I will then have about 2000 to pay off.

Exactly, I don't think there's anything wrong with their business model, and eth is doing what it thinks is best for themselves.
We all have the choice to participate or not.

What are you buying for cards, new or older generation?
legendary

Lol cheeky motherfuckers

mine.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026

Lol cheeky motherfuckers
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

Activity: 145
Merit: 12
https://www.coindesk.com/linzhi-rollout-long-awaited-ethereum-miner-phoenix

The new product comes as the Ethereum network has begun a technical transition from a proof-of-work (PoW) consensus mechanism to proof-of-stake (PoS). That process began Dec. 1 with the launch of the Beacon Chain. That chain acts as a central conductor for the new blockchain network which uses coin deposits as a means of securing the network, called “staking,” over mining.

Still, miners have at least a two-year runway with PoW on Ethereum. The current network, Eth 1.x, won’t be moved over to the new PoS blockchain until phase 1.5 of Eth 2.0.

The current Linzhi Phoenix demoed by F2 Pool will need at least one upgrade to stay useful before that transition, however. 

The Ethereum network’s directed acyclic graph (DAG) – a component of Ethereum’s PoW algorithm called Ethash – stands at just under 4 gb, while each Linzhi Phoenix only has a 4.4 GB memory. The incumbent A10, on the other hand, can house between 6 and 8 gigabytes, F2 Pool says.

The Phoenix will need a bump in memory size or aftermarket components if it is not to become obsolete before phase 1.5. Spraul told CoinDesk in an email that the Phoenix miners currently rolling out are limited to quantities of pre-orders. The firm is “working on a successor with an increase in DAG memory – no specs yet,” he said.

Of course, other Ethash-based cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum Classic will still be using proof-of-work, meaning a market will still exist for the Phoenix even after Eth 2.0 phase 1.5.
legendary

Does it use 240 volts?

Does it use 1800 watts.

For you its a score.
So enjoy it.

Activity: 72
Merit: 17
Any word on pricing and availability?
yxt
legendary
will answer the questions soon. I am very busy these days...
just a fast update now:

running latest fw since a day now:

Long-term totals:
Board 0:   119752.278 GH   in   25.17 h   =   1.322 GH/s
Board 1:   125550.484 GH   in   25.06 h   =   1.392 GH/s
Total   2.713 GH/s
Activity: 618
Merit: 21
There is no possibility to upgrade. There are 2 special boards with 64 chips. Each of them has 72 Mb of memory. Some info about ASIC is here:
https://www.cryptoprofi.info/?p=7710
Activity: 478
Merit: 125

Ease of set up?

Psu included?  PSU requirements?

Loud?

Activity: 618
Merit: 21

Real RAM for DAG in ASIC is 4.4 Gb. There are 2 hashing boards, each of them working with 7.98/2=3.99 Gb.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
daniel keep the tests going :-)
nevermind ppl complaining about the doorstoper
Activity: 75
Merit: 0

Activity: 574
Merit: 504
Today I received a late, but very nice xmas surprise from linzhi for testing purpose.

Will update here after I have done some testing, waiting for DAG generation at the the moment.
Let me know your questions in the meantime...

EDIT1:
looks very good so far

I am the owner of a10 pro, I will follow your topic, it will be useful for many, and yes! It is not known when Ethereum will go to Pos
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
Dashboard states 5,62 Dags
But I highly doubt they would make such a powerful machine with such limited timeline

2500 MH/s is a really nice score btw!
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
I will delete everything non-technical in the future.
I don't want to discuss ROI, thats a totally different topic

Yes, unfortunately only testing units, so I thought I share some infos with the forum Smiley
Setting a price now, with unclear shipping date, make no sense. I am glad they take the "we sell when we are happy with the miner" approach and not taking preorders...
I don't see/have any problems with stale shares etc (yet)
Where have you heard this?

Yes but the miner is useless in september, ram is not enough. So every Price is to high. Where we can see your hashrate in pool?
Why you get an sample? Please more information.
The webinterface looks very ugly.
Pages:
Jump to: