Pages:
Author

Topic: [Reward] Power? AsicMiner Blade V2 - page 2. (Read 2131 times)

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
December 15, 2013, 12:13:11 AM
You should see 3.3V across C286, and 1.05V at C166/167, C181/182 etc

Also take a close look at IC73, the PIC, to see if it's got any craters in it. I have partially-functional blade with visible rupture on this chip.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 14, 2013, 08:06:09 PM
Have you taken a vmm to the power terminals on the board to see if it is getting power?

With the power supply on hook up your vmm to the 12+ and 12- on the board, if you get 12v then do the same thing on the top of the blade, if you get power there then you have a defective blade.

If you get power on the board but not the top of the blade, a fuse is blown.

If you don't get power on the board terminals, then it is the power supply.

Thank you for your input. Ill check with what you suggested and check back in.

Thanks

k, I have 12.6v on the board as well as at top of the blade

I also have 12.6 at the resistor at the top too.. Suggestions?

One thing I noticed is that I don't have any power coming out of the X12 output (at the top)...
^ i feel like the kid i bought this off of maybe shorted this? What can be done here to fix the blade. Theres power throughout the blade except here.

X12,13,14 are for fans. I have brand new blades and don't have power on them either, although that could be my own fault too.

If you have power at all the points, then it is most likely a faulty board. Have you checked the 3.3 tp also?

where is 3.3 tp?

Thanks!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hghAPGmSelk/UpFeCHeGY6I/AAAAAAAAQQo/kQodE4j97DY/s800/IMG_0756.jpg

X7 (XXXXX)
        ^
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
December 14, 2013, 04:09:47 PM
Have you taken a vmm to the power terminals on the board to see if it is getting power?

With the power supply on hook up your vmm to the 12+ and 12- on the board, if you get 12v then do the same thing on the top of the blade, if you get power there then you have a defective blade.

Thanks

One thing I noticed is that I don't have any power coming out of the X12 output (at the top)...
^ i feel like the kid i bought this off of maybe shorted this? What can be done here to fix the blade. Theres power throughout the blade except here.

X12,13,14 are for fans. I have brand new blades and don't have power on them either, although that could be my own fault too.

If you have power at all the points, then it is most likely a faulty board. Have you checked the 3.3 tp also?

where is 3.3 tp?

Thanks!
December 14, 2013, 03:28:38 PM

Thanks

December 14, 2013, 12:38:21 PM

Thanks

December 12, 2013, 07:02:02 PM

Thanks
December 12, 2013, 06:49:55 PM

December 12, 2013, 06:46:50 PM
If it's plugged in correctly (not reversed) and the voltage is fine, then you may have a defective blade.

No, It's definitely plugged in correctly Smiley Heat sink facing the PSU. Smiley

Agh, this is annoying. lol.
I've lost two days on this blade.
December 12, 2013, 06:28:35 PM
If it's plugged in correctly (not reversed) and the voltage is fine, then you may have a defective blade.

No, It's definitely plugged in correctly Smiley Heat sink facing the PSU. Smiley
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
December 12, 2013, 05:18:35 PM
December 12, 2013, 11:52:31 AM
Bump on this.
December 11, 2013, 09:13:29 PM
I swear i had this same issue last time but I'm not sure lol
December 11, 2013, 09:08:49 PM
Ok. I have a Backplane, and 1000W PSU.
I had a blade about a month ago and it ran flawlessly (i sold it). I have a new blade in which I got today that does not power on.
PSU is on and running.. Jumper is in place, Blade plugged in (properly). Fuse appears to be fine. I plug in the ethernet and have no indication of power and no ethernet flash  

I've done my research and have not found the solution. Ive ran through the setups multiple times but apparently somethings up here... Any help would be appreciated.

.. Having a backplane should make this setup pretty seamless...Wondering if its a blade issue or I'm missing something

edit:
i should also say that obviously I cannot navigate to 192.168.1.254:8000
I also tried resetting blade

edit2:
Checked Power:
I have 12.6v on the board as well as at top of the blade
I also have 12.6 at the fuse at the top too.. Suggestions?

***One thing I noticed is that I don't have any power coming out of the X12 output (at the top)...

Willing to offer a small reward to someone who helps me to complete resolving of the issue Smiley

Thanks
Bryan
Pages:
Jump to: