Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripped off by a pool? - page 2. (Read 6459 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
December 20, 2010, 05:59:53 PM
Actually, all this whining from gene made me feel like joining this pool. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that slush paid him to make this little bit of advertising. Wink

I may put one of my Radeons on it in a moment.
jib
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
December 20, 2010, 05:29:11 PM
gene, can you update the first post in this thread to indicate that you've now been paid and the accusations of scamming were false?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
December 20, 2010, 04:38:38 PM
I have been very open about all problems with accounting. Everything was solved, nobody was shorted in his reward. I have nothing to say anymore. Nobody is forced to trust me, but I don't understand why anybody spend so much time to go against me. That's all. For me, this topic is closed.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
December 20, 2010, 03:51:18 PM
nor can I vouch for slush's character beyond what has already been written by everyone.

You can still concur Smiley
Activity: 252
December 20, 2010, 03:00:23 PM
Top class. But you should see me at the PTA meetings. I'm very popular there.

I'm not OK with the previous UID-whatever post and I don't associate myself to that.
However, I think you owe slush an apology. (Oh yes, you should also remove this thread from your signature, OR make a big fat clarification about slush's honesty)

I appreciate your distaste for that comment. I'm going to leave my signature intact, as it will hopefully dissuade anyone from getting cute in the future. I cannot be compelled to apologize, nor can I vouch for slush's character beyond what has already been written by everyone.

And thanks to whoever sent me the 20BTC.
legendary
1davout
December 20, 2010, 02:30:40 PM

I'm not OK with the previous UID-whatever post and I don't associate myself to that.
However, I think you owe slush an apology. (Oh yes, you should also remove this thread from your signature, OR make a big fat clarification about slush's honesty)
December 20, 2010, 02:12:20 PM
All this thread tells me is that gene is an Unappreciative Impatient Douche

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
December 20, 2010, 02:05:03 PM
All this thread tells me is that gene is an Unappreciative Impatient Douche

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
December 20, 2010, 01:46:49 PM
We need a vigilant community. This need will only become more pressing as the currency gains prominence.

I gotten very angry with people for bad customer services before on this forum but...I never throw "ripped off" or "scammer" around so easily.
December 20, 2010, 01:41:35 PM
Good. Would it be possible to discuss in some detail what solution you implemented? What exactly the problems were and how you overcame them? Us code monkeys would like to know. Any chance to see actual code? That would go a long way in restoring some confidence with those who care about such issues.

To those who are obsessed with the issue of the sums involved, I will only say that if one can't be trusted with small sums, how can one be trusted with large sums? Not that it is at all relevant, but the anonymous nature of this forum and bitcoin allow me to experiment with pools using whichever resources I have, especially those which are less productive. Hint: I live in a cold climate. Quite simply, I don't tolerate abuse or evasiveness.

We need a vigilant community. This need will only become more pressing as the currency gains prominence.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
December 20, 2010, 01:29:21 PM
lol? all this over 2 BTC. You must be really hard on cash...
legendary
December 20, 2010, 11:35:14 AM

Check slush's thread. He now says that everyone has been paid.

NOW... gene. Now would be the time to flip your lid if you don't have your coins.

Send 1.43 to 1HVjPVMwJFeu8nhwR8vi5MySSkYjQ6mAWt for geneabernathy
December 20, 2010, 09:35:29 AM
Some people will owe you a nice apology when they get paid...
I certainly do not see why. If anything, it seems that the people complaining have accelerated action. Also, I still haven't seen any money. You seem to have a bizarre concept of gratitude and when it is merited.

The entire payment scheme remains opaque.

Yes, sorry, I think it's the other way around, I think slush should apologize to you for being so slow in fixing the free service he's providing to you.
This is correct. In a position of accepting trust, the burden of proof is on him to show he is capable and trustworthy. I will correct you on one point; the service has not been free for some.

I'm sure he didn't find annoying and insulting at all to get called a scammer by someone whining because his 4.53 BTC didn't arrive fast enough. He's probably even thankful to you for helping him get up and do some work.
I'm not terribly concerned with what he finds annoying or insulting. Either you take the burden of proof seriously and are immediately clear with explanations or you accept the fact that people will ask tough questions. He voluntarily accepted the role, after all. It disturbs me that so many here are willing to accept the situation as is (i.e., cavalier attitudes toward trust and reputation), especially in the context of a critical phase of the development of a distributed currency.
Activity: 489
Merit: 504
December 20, 2010, 09:21:14 AM
Cdecker, I agree there was some misconception in payment before. I din't say system worked perfectly. I believe they care about their 0.6 bitcoins. But I 10x said "ok, I know about it, I'm working to make it better". I already made it better and explained why I cannot send money from old blocks instantly. So I don't know what to say more.
I'm glad that it has been cleared now, I really love your Pool and it works like a charm (for me). Just wanted to get everything on track and stop some whiners from influencing too many Cheesy
legendary
1davout
December 20, 2010, 08:56:34 AM
I certainly do not see why. If anything, it seems that the people complaining have accelerated action. Also, I still haven't seen any money. You seem to have a bizarre concept of gratitude and when it is merited.

Yes, sorry, I think it's the other way around, I think slush should apologize to you for being so slow in fixing the free service he's providing to you.
I'm sure he didn't find annoying and insulting at all to get called a scammer by someone whining because his 4.53 BTC didn't arrive fast enough. He's probably even thankful to you for helping him get up and do some work.

December 20, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Activity: 254
December 20, 2010, 08:33:44 AM
No, I cannot send this, because old system did not register relation user-block-reward, only user-reward. When block was found, reward was rised and shares deleted. So I cannot tell for those old blocks, who should be paid for which block. Sorry. New system is better, I store all information for later stats.

All remaining payments (reward>=threshold) will be processed when next block become mature. There is much more in rewards on site, but few users trust me and their's send threshold is very high, so I don't need to pay off them yet.
Thanks for the explanation, now it's all very clear. Keep Up the good work.
legendary
1davout
December 20, 2010, 08:33:02 AM
legendary
December 20, 2010, 08:24:24 AM
Gene will be payed out in next round.

Cdecker, I agree there was some misconception in payment before. I din't say system worked perfectly. I believe they care about their 0.6 bitcoins. But I 10x said "ok, I know about it, I'm working to make it better". I already made it better and explained why I cannot send money from old blocks instantly. So I don't know what to say more.

Guys, I completely reworked system to be more fair. Again, it was pure technical issue, that I did not expect more than block for a day or two.

Ok, just to make the situation clear, please post the amounts outstanding and which blocks they were generated in (if you know). So we can actually try to solve the mistery. If Slush would please confirm the amounts and blocks?

No, I cannot send this, because old system did not register relation user-block-reward, only user-reward. When block was found, reward was rised and shares deleted. So I cannot tell for those old blocks, who should be paid for which block. Sorry. New system is better, I store all information for later stats.

All remaining payments (reward>=threshold) will be processed when next block become mature. There is much more in rewards on site, but few users trust me and their's send threshold is very high, so I don't need to pay off them yet.
December 20, 2010, 08:12:19 AM
Ok, just to make the situation clear, please post the amounts outstanding and which blocks they were generated in (if you know). So we can actually try to solve the mistery. If Slush would please confirm the amounts and blocks?

Then we can start figuring out which blocks already matured (and are therefore eligible for payout) and which will have to mature first.

I'm guessing this is not the case, but sub cent amounts will not be payed out, since it'll be seen as a DOS attempt by the network and thus swallowed whole as transaction fees.

My balance is a few orders of magnitude greater than the threshold and has been since 18 Dec. I have no way of knowing to which blocks my work corresponds, but according to the information on slush's website, blocks 98425 (solved 2010-12-19 18:21:26) and earlier have all matured as of now. My work went to solving several of those blocks. That should suffice to show that something is seriously wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: