Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripped off by a pool? - page 3. (Read 6459 times)

Activity: 489
Merit: 504
December 20, 2010, 07:52:48 AM
Ok, just to make the situation clear, please post the amounts outstanding and which blocks they were generated in (if you know). So we can actually try to solve the mistery. If Slush would please confirm the amounts and blocks?

Then we can start figuring out which blocks already matured (and are therefore eligible for payout) and which will have to mature first.

I'm guessing this is not the case, but sub cent amounts will not be payed out, since it'll be seen as a DOS attempt by the network and thus swallowed whole as transaction fees.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
December 20, 2010, 07:46:06 AM
This can't be explained by the new accounting old accounting.

Actually it can. slush has said that new blocks are being paid now (in the new system) but there are some older blocks (in the old system) which are still waiting.

Slush has offered several excuses, some more incoherent than others. Specifically, the argument that blocks take time to mature (and contrary to what many posters seem to think, most of the "complainers" understand this well) is becoming stale as more and more of the blocks, as listed on his own site, are maturing. With each passing day, it is becoming painfully clear that he is either incompetent or dishonest -- perhaps some degree of both.
jib
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
December 20, 2010, 06:52:35 AM
This can't be explained by the new accounting old accounting.

Actually it can. slush has said that new blocks are being paid now (in the new system) but there are some older blocks (in the old system) which are still waiting.
Activity: 254
December 20, 2010, 06:33:36 AM
It's really insane to think he would go to all this work building a site and a reputation to throw it away for <1000BTC. It's so obvious that it isn't malicious, just give him time.
Yep, absolutely, but you know, by the law or large numbers there's always someone who never stops complaining:)
Activity: 407
December 20, 2010, 06:31:58 AM
Or maybe those lists are for different blocks to the ones that the people complaining contributed to?

Maybe.  However, I worked since the pool had 5 lists solved, and he already posted 7 of those lists, and I'm not on any one of those.  ( I counted them by hand in the long thread, careful to not include quoted duplicates). This can't be explained by the new accounting old accounting.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
December 20, 2010, 06:23:17 AM
It's really insane to think he would go to all this work building a site and a reputation to throw it away for <1000BTC. It's so obvious that it isn't malicious, just give him time.
jib
December 20, 2010, 06:18:10 AM
he posts lists of people that contributed, that list adds to 50, which is obviously wrong since there are some people that contributed and are not on those lists.

Or maybe those lists are for different blocks to the ones that the people complaining contributed to?
Activity: 407
December 20, 2010, 06:17:16 AM
I, too, have not seen any money from him. Contributed from 17th as well.

There is something fishy going on there, he posts lists of people that contributed, that list adds to 50, which is obviously wrong since there are some people that contributed and are not on those lists.

Also, did he manage to get to 2.4 khashes (now 4) with only 5 people, as shown in one payment list?

jib
December 20, 2010, 05:46:15 AM
You've complained about this in the other thread persistently. slush has responded, and described that he's implementing a new accounting system and having to process old payments manually. Multiple other people have said they've been paid, and he's showed evidence of many other payments.

I don't think it was necessary for you to create a new thread just to repeat the same accusations. I suggest you drop this issue for a couple more days and give him a chance to fix his system.
Activity: 252
December 20, 2010, 04:26:01 AM
If you have not been paid by a pool server, post here. As of now, I have not seen any money from slush's pool for work which began on 17 Dec.
Pages:
Jump to: