Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple: XRP Price Tracker - page 3. (Read 19955 times)

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000
March 04, 2013, 02:29:10 PM
I have seen here some user complaining about this post, but you see them buying xrp as cheap as they can, they just do not want to people reach this info...

Keep the work!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002
March 04, 2013, 11:30:31 AM
Just seems weird to me that if people can get 50,000 XRP for free, why the market price for 50,000 XRP is ~$30-35.

It's value is purely speculative as has been said.
I would say many people is just holding the coins with no estimate of what should be the price and fear of miss-selling. Other speculators are buying because they think they will rise in value.
Of course there must be also people who are just cashing out ASAP, it just seems that there are more speculators on the other side.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
March 04, 2013, 09:47:06 AM
The price is definitely increasing. Could this be the result of OpenCoin not handing out free XRPs?
legendary
March 03, 2013, 06:03:15 PM
Just seems weird to me that if people can get 50,000 XRP for free, why the market price for 50,000 XRP is ~$30-35.

You can only get 50,000 XRP for free once (well, without trying to game the system). Actually I think they lowered the hand out to 40,000 XRP.

Since there are absolutely no goods and services available for purchase using Ripple IOUs, we must assume that XRPs current valuation is purely speculative.

It seems that OP is not interested in any meaningful discussion, and intolerable to the point that if you call his bullshit straight, he is going to start a smear and libel campaign against you. See evidence here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-this-the-first-ripple-scam-you-decide-148806. Locked, no less, to give him the last word on it.

Not true. I started the price tracker thread and immediately Arvicco jumped in with claims that my calculations are "bullshit" and that I was deceiving everyone. Then he deleted his posts, and now he claims that I'm libeling even though all I am doing is laying out facts and backing them up. I locked the thread because one of the accusers didn't step forward with more evidence but Arvicco prefers it unlocked so I am accommodating him. Far from being "not interested in any meaningful discussion" I am very responsive.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
March 03, 2013, 06:01:07 PM
legendary
March 03, 2013, 05:51:58 PM
I think this thread serves no purpose except to boost misterbigg's ego. The numbers he quotes here are not based on anything other than his fantasies. If anyone wants to track REAL in-Ripple XRP/BTC market, all you need to do is just subscribe to #ripple-market IRC channel.

Yep, if someone wants to listen in on real time trades they can definitely use IRC to get the data. They can also run the Ripple client software periodically to see the order book.

I'm not making any claims that there is significant volume of XRP at any of the prices I listed. All I am doing is posting a once-daily sampling of the average of the bid and the ask (and I'm being transparent about it). If you don't find this information useful, then feel free to ignore it. It does provide less up to the minute data than what you could get from IRC or the Ripple order book.

On the other hand, for people that do not have an interest in participating in the Ripple market and don't want to continually log the IRC channel, but do want to see a very rough estimate of the direction of the XRP price on a day to day basis, then this thread is for them.

Best bids and asks in the BTC/XRP ripple book are usually for such tiny amounts of BTCs that they are meaningless

The amounts are certainly small but I wouldn't say that the best bid and ask are meaningless, especially if you look at how the values evolve over time (which I am doing in this thread).

somebody (hint: ripple.com) needs to publish a 24-hour rolling volume-weighted price (there is a field for last trade but that's empty ATM) based on actual sales.

That would certainly be a lot better. Are you volunteering to do this? It's a bit beyond the scope of what I'm willing to commit to.

legendary
March 03, 2013, 05:39:26 PM
Has OpenCoin stopped giving away free XRP? Is that why?

Really, at this early stage it's impossible to say why the price is moving. The market is highly illiquid and the tools for studying it haven't even been written yet (hence, my creation of this thread)
Activity: 34
March 03, 2013, 05:38:37 PM
The price of XRP has roughly tripled

Has OpenCoin stopped giving away free XRP? Is that why?
legendary
March 03, 2013, 03:29:08 PM
...at this time is more irritating than it have a certain added value

You can always look at the live Ripple order book if you want up to date information. But currently there is no way to get any sort of historical data (like the bid/ask at the end of last month). So I disagree that it doesn't add value. Besides, you're free to simply not look at this thread.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
March 03, 2013, 03:10:18 PM
It was the average of the bid and ask at the time I looked. Keep in mind that the market for XRPs is not very liquid so there will be large fluctuations and a thin order book.

and therefore your daily update is currently senseless

the last ask price when i looked was ~37,000xpr at a amount of 0.00255 btc thats are ~95 xrp you can sell
in other words a daily update at this time is more irritating than it have a certain added value

legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
March 03, 2013, 02:35:16 PM
This doesn't change the fact that you consistently offer worse deals than what could otherwise be obtained via the Ripple client.

You may repeat this million times, but still it won't become a truth. My offer is in real BTCs, for people who are not interested in IOUs and do not want to learn all the quirks and soldier through all the bugs of beta systems that in-Ripple IOU exchanges are. I have absolutely nothing against more people playing with these exchanges, but why compare apples to oranges?
Except that it is the truth Arvicco and now we have reports coming out that you arent paying out the Btc. Sellers beware!
legendary
Activity: 1441
Live and enjoy experiments
March 03, 2013, 02:20:38 PM
2/29/2013: 65,000
Fact or fiction? 
It was the average of the bid and ask at the time I looked. Keep in mind that the market for XRPs is not very liquid so there will be large fluctuations and a thin order book.
Last time I checked, 2013 is not a leap year.
But if you come from a parallel universe, I can understand that.
legendary
March 03, 2013, 12:12:21 PM
Fact or fiction? 

Activity: 7
March 03, 2013, 11:37:56 AM
why XRP costs so much?
legendary
Activity: 1441
Live and enjoy experiments
March 03, 2013, 11:37:16 AM
Fact or fiction?  
legendary
March 03, 2013, 11:22:17 AM
The price of XRP has roughly tripled
Activity: 10
March 03, 2013, 06:25:07 AM
thank you for info
it would be nice to make a website with historic chart
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
March 02, 2013, 06:08:14 PM
Best bids and asks in the BTC/XRP ripple book are usually for such tiny amounts of BTCs that they are meaningless, somebody (hint: ripple.com) needs to publish a 24-hour rolling volume-weighted price (there is a field for last trade but that's empty ATM) based on actual sales.

Soon enough this should emerge on some website, hopefully.
legendary
March 02, 2013, 05:14:07 PM
You may repeat this million times, but still it won't become a truth. My offer is in real BTCs, for people who are not interested in IOUs and do not want to learn all the quirks and soldier through all the bugs of beta systems that in-Ripple IOU exchanges are. I have absolutely nothing against more people playing with these exchanges, but why compare apples to oranges?

For anyone who values Bitstamp BTC IOUs identically to actual Bitcoins, your prices are consistently worse than what is in the Ripple order book. Just admit it that so we can move on.
legendary
March 02, 2013, 05:02:08 PM
this is NOT at all correct.

Yep, unfortunately you're right about that. The damn Ripple order book sure is confusing. I should have copied the Ask side (right hand side).

This doesn't change the fact that you consistently offer worse deals than what could otherwise be obtained via the Ripple client.
Pages:
Jump to: